Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work

Discus and support Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Like the title says, I'm unable to use the hotkey command to toggle mute my microphone. I've started several things from reinstalling game bar to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Nobelnaga, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Nobelnaga
    Nobelnaga Guest

Like the title says, I'm unable to use the hotkey command to toggle mute my microphone. I've started several things from reinstalling game bar to running scripts. Nothing I do seems to work, I can manually move my mouse over to the party overlay and mute my mic from there but I obviously can't do that in high-stress situations.

All the other hotkeys seem to work as intended but the toggle mute is the most important one for me

I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3 with windows 11.

:)

Nobelnaga, Sep 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nobelnaga

May I know if you're able to change the shortcut for a different one?

If you're not able to do it, please try this:

Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  3. Farscape247 Win User

How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?

here is a quick and lightweight way of creating a hotkey for mic muting

https://sourceforge.net/projects/micmute/

have just tested it and seems to do the job well, right click it on the taskbar notifications area and setup hotkey.

pops up to let you know it has muted or turned on also
  4. Bazajaytee Win User

Possible to set up online chat so I don't hear anyone unless I have a mic plugged in?

The Xbox One doesn't currently have global settings like mute all by default.

Each game handles muting differently and some do offer a mute all option when in a game lobby and the button prompt is highlighted at the bottom of the screen.

Even though you have a mic icon next to your name no one can hear you with your mic unplugged. That is just an issue in some games where it doesn't clear the icon either by design choice or a minor bug.
  5. WEST TAC2 Win User

Mic not working

It shows that my mic is connected and not muted but it doesn't work
  6. BlueTr3e Win User

Problème Barre de Jeu Xbox

okay, I'll try

I noticed something really strange. My Xbox Game Bar isn't working. But not totally.

Some couples of days ago, I noticed that the entire overlay of xbox game bar didn't appear while it should (I have another computer where this works).

Also, the Games pane in Settings app is totally bugged. When I want to enable the game bar, as soon as I change setting page, the option come back to disabled. In the Game DVR page, 90% of options are missing (screenshot is above). To conclude, when I want
    to assign a hotkey for game bar overlay, the Settings app crashes ! With a failed module problem (Windows.UI.Xaml.dll).

So, I looked for other persons who have the same problem of me and they made some modifications in the registry et this work for them. For me, it became more strange. When I launch a game, the startup window of game bar appear but when I do the default Win+G
    hotkey to activate it, it doesn't work.

For information, I already tried a window reset (not the complete one, just the system without loosing personal files.
Thema:

1. Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work - Similar Threads - Game bar bug

2. PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC xbox app: game bar audio bug: So hopped on Today and the xbox app gave me an update. Once I update and joined a party I noticed my party chat could only hear me when I had the xbox game bar open or with the party chat being...
  3. Software bug in XBOX Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Software bug in XBOX Game Bar: I would like to begin by saying this is a software glitch and not user error or unique to my setup. There are many many many posts about this issue on here but the moderators have all thought it...
  4. Xbox game bar bug 1000 & 8, noise suppression

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar bug 1000 & 8, noise suppression: I made this post before, then deleted it but that was short lived because my favorite bug is back! -I am running a completely fresh rig I bought about a week & 1/2 ago. I have only downloaded ~20...
  5. Xbox Game Bar noise suppression bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar noise suppression bug: First of all, I am running as close to a sterile pc as possible. I just bought an entire new rig, and hyper X headset. I am able to join parties without noise suppression, but when I enable it,...
  6. xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug: on xbox game bar my mic is always cutting in and out and makes it seem like i'm speaking through a fan anyone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/shadowalfxz [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on (Continuation cause idk...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on (Continuation cause idk...: Androoideka 3y ago Xbox Game Bar Bug, microphone is always muted unless I turn it on PC Gaming A lot of the time I record the past 10 minutes and then realise it didn't record my voice at all...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar Bug: I recently updated to Windows 11 and ever since my Xbox Game Bar app hasn't been working right, its all the same except my microphone. My mic sounds "robotic" and cuts in and out fast. I have...
  9. Xbox game bar bug on Windows11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar bug on Windows11: I can't create or join a group from 'find a group' if my computer 's app language isn't English, which also determines the language of Xbox game bar. For example, if my game's language is French...
  10. Xbox Game bar BIG BUG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game bar BIG BUG: every time i try to join a party hosting or not it goes "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" its been like this for 3 days im about unistall it im so frustrated with it...