Game Bar Broken

Discus and support Game Bar Broken in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to join online parties in Forza Horizon 4 while on PC, but I have been unable to accept invites. As far as I can tell, it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by VerseForty, Aug 7, 2021.

1. VerseForty
    VerseForty Guest

Game Bar Broken

Hello,

I've been trying to join online parties in Forza Horizon 4 while on PC, but I have been unable to accept invites. As far as I can tell, it's because the Game Bar refuses to work. I've tried reinstalling both Xbox apps, FH4 itself, MS Gaming Services, and the Game Bar--along with deleting the GameDVR registry entries as somewhere recommended--and nothing has changed after all this. All I get is a small loading icon on the cursor when I hit the Win+G keys.

Also, on PC launch I get an error saying I don't have permissions for some "GamingApp_2107.1001.10.0_x64" folder and I've been messing with permissions on the WindowsApps folder to try and fix this as it seems related, but nothing's changed there either.

I'd really rather not reinstall the OS, but I'm not finding anything else I can do here.

:)

VerseForty, Aug 7, 2021
  2. VerseForty Win User

Game Bar Broken

I used a Get-AppxPackage command in powershell to remove it, similar to what's described in that link under the short version. Haven't seen that github page before, to be honest.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Game Bar Broken

4. VerseForty Win User

Game Bar Broken

Uninstalled both and it doesn't seem to have changed anything, sorry.
  5. VerseForty Win User

Game Bar Broken

Everything is set to "allow" or "everyone" except for video communications, seeing my profile details, seeing my real name, and collecting voice data.

I've never used another account with this, so I don't have another to test with.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Game Bar Broken

I would uninstall Razer Synapse, even if it's just temporarily to check.....I have seen plenty of people having issues because of it in the last year

Steelseries software shouldn't affect it but, again, might be worth removing temporarily to test
Thema:

Game Bar Broken

1. Game Bar Broken - Similar Threads - Game Bar Broken

2. Xbox Game Bar broken on PC/Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar broken on PC/Windows 11: It started with a recent update of some kind. Game Bar doesn’t recognize that it’s still “currently in use” under mic privacy when you close it. It won’t run in the background or whatever. So...
  3. PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing: Does anyone else having problems with the xbox game bar crashing since the last update (after the infinite update available bug). I can't join any parties as it would just crash with "something...
  4. "Xbox Social" in Xbox Game Bar showing no friends, parties broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Xbox Social" in Xbox Game Bar showing no friends, parties broken: Alright, so this issue just happened today. This morning it was fine, but now it is completely broken. When I try to create a party, I can see myself in it, but with no name or profile picture....
  5. bluetooth broken on xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    bluetooth broken on xbox game bar: I play games on pc. I'm using bluetooth headphones. The audio works fine until I join a party using xbox game bar. Then everything stutters, not just the audio. It's like everything starts...
  6. Xbox game bar has broken my gpu.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar has broken my gpu.: Sorry for bad grammer. My xbox game bar is keeping my gpu at 100% even when i restart and go off all my apps. This issue was fixed with me disabling xbox game bar however i want to know what...
  7. xbox game bar beta, performace tab broken

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar beta, performace tab broken: [IMG] for some reason i cant strech the performace tab window, any fixes? im using sdk developement version (the problem is that i cant se the fps counter(thats the one on the bottom))...
  8. Why is it that xbox game bar is so broken?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is it that xbox game bar is so broken?: Every time I try to open xbox game bar it goes to settings for the game bar and then there's those special occasions where it actually works decently. There's also other times where the xbox game...
  9. XBOX GAME BAR BROKEN

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX GAME BAR BROKEN: i have 3 devices all signed in and only my newest one is having this issue. All the tabs (performance, xbox chat) are all gone. all I see is this now ������ [img]...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Broken in MCC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Broken in MCC: Xbox Game Bar is completely broken in MCC, it doesn't "remember" when you click "remember, this is a game". It doesn't recognize it as a game, and refuses to work with Game DVR and the like....