Game/App update problems on the 360.

Discus and support Game/App update problems on the 360. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Went to play Halo Reach (GwG) and had tto update the game. Game played fine afterwards. Then after closing the game and going to the home screen I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElectroFlying, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Game/App update problems on the 360.

Went to play Halo Reach (GwG) and had tto update the game. Game played fine afterwards. Then after closing the game and going to the home screen I was asked to sign in to XBL. I did, but got error code 80072Ef3. Did a hard reboot and worked fine.

Then I opened TubiTV same thing after it updated. Another hard reboot and back to normal.

In all the years I have had this console, I have never had this kind of touble. I know from following the threads that the X1 does have this sort of trouble which is why I tried it 1st, but why all of a sudden is it happening to the 360's?

Courious as to whether or not this sort of trouble is happening to other 360 owners?

:)

ElectroFlying, Apr 15, 2015
  2. Netflix and Amazon Lovefilm - Choppy Framerate

The same problems on the One with the Amazon App...on the 360 no problems with that.

xX0utAtTimeXx, Apr 15, 2015
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Updating games on Xbox 360

That error code means you’ve encountered an error in a game or app update that you were downloading. For a possible the steps in this support page:

support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

If you still have problems with the update contact support at the bottom of that page.

M3tal Daz3, Apr 15, 2015
  4. Game/App update problems on the 360.

Hey mate, it's actually been very common for people to get signed out when starting or closing games and apps on the 360, I've probably seen up to 5 a week in the support forums for the past year and a half so I don't believe it stems from anything to do
    with the X1.

Generally deleting the profile from the console (profile only), clear the system cache, restart the console and re-download the profile will get it back working as normal.

Delete and re-download profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Clear system cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

There's also the official support link for error 80072Ef3 as well:
    support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80072ef3

DigitalAssassin, Apr 15, 2015
  5. I have had this system for well over 5 years now and use it for everything from gaming, to web use. I even just completed an xbsupport survay with it after reading over the error code. And today is the 1st time ever this has happened.

As per the suggestions. Cach cleared, and no corrupted files. I am in the process now of opening up all my apps/games for possible updates and if any we will see if that helped.

What I was somewhat concerned about was If M was intergrating some software aspects from the X1 to the 360 and if so then that may need a tweak or two.

But thanks for the links and info. You guys are a big help and I for one am grateful for it.

ElectroFlying, Apr 15, 2015
  6. No worries my friend, I've had my current 360 for a number of years as well and have never come across this issue myself, but haunting the support forums you get a sense of the common issues and this one pops up a lot.

Though I must admit it only started happening after the release of the Xbox One, not before, so maybe there is some truth to what you're saying.

Anyway, deleting the profile, clearing the cache, restarting the console and re-downloading the profile works most of the time, there has been some it had no effect on the issue which I can only assume means there is an actual network or ISP problem and
    not the account.

DigitalAssassin, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Game/App update problems on the 360.