Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party

Discus and support Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So basically, when I join an Xbox game bar party, my audio in a game or another application is distorted. This audio distortion also happens when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thomas Simpson1, Nov 18, 2023.

1. Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party

So basically, when I join an Xbox game bar party, my audio in a game or another application is distorted. This audio distortion also happens when I launch specific games like sea of thieves and CoD Warzone.

I've noticed that in Sea of Thieves specifically, if I'm playing with someone I can only hear them if the game audio is distorted. If I plug my headphones in, the game isn't distorted but I can't hear my friend. With the other games, if my headphones are plugged in the audio doesn't distort in the first place, but I haven't used my microphone on any of those other games.

Apps/games that do NOT distort my audio when using my mic:

- Discord

- Fortnite

- Riders Republic

- Rust

:)

Thomas Simpson1, Nov 18, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Thomas Simpson1,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing audio distortion when using the Xbox game bar party or certain games. This could be caused by a number of factors, such as your audio settings, your drivers, your hardware, or your network connection.

To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps:

- Check your audio settings in the Xbox game bar party and in the games that are causing the distortion. Make sure that the input and output devices are set correctly and that the volume and balance are adjusted properly.

- Update your audio drivers and your Windows 10 system. You can do this by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking on Check for updates. You can also check the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for your audio device.

- Test your audio device on another PC or with another application to see if the distortion persists. If it does, it could indicate a hardware problem with your device. You may need to replace it or contact the manufacturer for support.

- Check your network connection and make sure that it is stable and fast enough for online gaming and voice chat. You can use a wired connection instead of a wireless one for better performance. You can also run a network test on your Xbox console by going to Settings > Network > Network settings > Test network connection.

Please see:

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows | Xbox Support

Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Headphone:X headset settings on Xbox | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  4. Loraine Mon Win User

clicking feedback issue on xbox app parties.

Hi,

A distorted audio when communicating with Xbox Live parties online is possibly caused by a network connection error or a server connection error. If you're using headphones, speakers, or another audio accessory and you hear a crackling or distorted sound,
    the accessory might not be connected properly. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Are you using a headset to chat with Xbox Live parties?
    • Is the microphone working on a different device?
    • Have you tried to update the sound card drivers on your computer?

In the meantime, you may refer to this
    link
    for solutions that can help resolve the audio issues on Windows 10.
  5. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app

Hi Gen,

Thanks for your reply. Have you already attempted to use Xbox Game Bar on your pc for party chat? If you are using a PC during your streaming session this may be the best way for you to control your audio.
Thema:

1. Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party - Similar Threads - Game audio distorted

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  6. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...
  8. Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.: Hello! I've recently started to record clips of Destiny 2 on Xbox Game Bar and the in-game audio of the clip is heavily distorted. I have my bluetooth earbuds and wired mic set up to the proper...
  9. Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted: Hi, I currently have a custom built PC and am using PC Game Pass for most of my games, but every time I launch a multiplayer game like sea of thieves, my audio shoots up to max when it was...
  10. Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?: Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far away and there is a faint crackling sound. It is...