FSX Steam Edition

Discus and support FSX Steam Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have just purchased and installed FSX Steam Edition. Every time I load the game it goes through the initial loading phase before crashing. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael Presland, Dec 19, 2023.

1. FSX Steam Edition

I have just purchased and installed FSX Steam Edition. Every time I load the game it goes through the initial loading phase before crashing. Any ideas?

[table][tr][td]-[/td][td]System[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]Provider[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][ Name][/td][td]Application Error[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][ Guid][/td][td]{a0e9b465-b939-57d7-b27d-95d8e925ff57}[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]EventID[/td][td]1000[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Version[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Level[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Task[/td][td]100[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Opcode[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Keywords[/td][td]0x8000000000000000[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]TimeCreated[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][ SystemTime][/td][td]2023-12-19T03:12:28.6097890Z[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]EventRecordID[/td][td]33801[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Correlation[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]Execution[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][ ProcessID][/td][td]19572[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][ ThreadID][/td][td]18848[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Channel[/td][td]Application[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td][/td][td]Computer[/td][td]DESKTOP-P4C9O7V[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]Security[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][ UserID][/td][td]S-1-5-21-3983039207-3976270108-1919427893-1003[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]-[/td][td]EventData[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]AppName[/td][td]fsx.exe[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]AppVersion[/td][td]10.0.62615.0[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]AppTimeStamp[/td][td]559f9a9a[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModuleName[/td][td]gameoverlayrenderer.dll[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModuleVersion[/td][td]8.56.38.63[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModuleTimeStamp[/td][td]6572647b[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ExceptionCode[/td][td]c0000005[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]FaultingOffset[/td][td]00091eea[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ProcessId[/td][td]0x33e0[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ProcessCreationTime[/td][td]0x1da322908f8b552[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]AppPath[/td][td]C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]ModulePath[/td][td]C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\gameoverlayrenderer.dll[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]IntegratorReportId[/td][td]64fa0066-74a9-40ca-b37b-43c02621ae5c[/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]PackageFullName[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]PackageRelativeAppId[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

:)

Michael Presland, Dec 19, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

FSX Steam Edition

Hello Michael,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

FSX Steam Edition

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with Flight Simulator X on Steam. This is a common problem that can be caused by various factors, such as corrupted files, outdated drivers, or incompatible settings. We can try some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue however if the steps fail, we may need you to reach the game support for further assistance.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Verify the integrity of the game files. To do this, right-click on the game in your Steam library, select Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will check and repair any missing or damaged files.

- Update your graphics card drivers. To do this, go to the manufacturer's website of your graphics card and download the latest drivers for your model. Follow the instructions to install them and restart your computer.

- Adjust the graphics settings of the game. To do this, launch the game and go to Options, then Display Settings, then Graphics. Try lowering the resolution, anti-aliasing, and other settings that may affect the performance of the game.

- Disable any background programs that may interfere with the game. To do this, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and open Task Manager. End any processes that are not essential for the game, such as antivirus software, web browsers, or other applications.

- Check the game requirements to make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements of the game. You may go to this link: Flight Simulator X: Minimum System Requirements - Microsoft Support

- If the issue still persists, we highly suggest submitting a ticket to the game support through this link: Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

You may also contact Steam Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps and further investigate the issue. You can reach them through this link: Steam Support (steampowered.com)

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. BrianGamblin Win User

FSX Steam - Elite Trusted Site

Thx for the reply..

Steam referred me to Dovetail Games as Steam only host the games. This is the reply from Dovetail...

MICROSOFT FSX, FSX:STEAM EDITION AND MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020

If your query is relating to Microsoft FSX or FSX: Steam Edition, please be aware that we have not been responsible for support since August 2019 and you should direct all queries directly to the developer, Microsoft, via their support portal at https://support.microsoft.com. This also includes the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 which we have had no involvement with. All tickets received for FSX, FSX:Steam Edition and the new Microsoft Flight Simulator may be closed without any response.

So it's now gone into the Microsoft 'Black Hole'...........
  5. donaldwatson4 Win User

FSX keeps showing an error message

Thanks I have purchased a steam Edition of FSX and downloaded/installed it. I will take my problems over to their site now.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Flight Simulator X

The "Boxed" Disc version of Flight Simulator X does not work in Windows 10. That being said, Steam does offer a "Steam Edition" version of FSX that works wonderfully. It retails for $25.00 on Steam, but it can be found on sale as low as $5.00.
Thema:

FSX Steam Edition

1. FSX Steam Edition - Similar Threads - FSX Steam Edition

2. My installation of FSX I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over.

in XBoX on Windows
    My installation of FSX I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over.: My installation of FSX (Flight Simulator X Deluxe), PC version, I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over. I reinstalled with original DVD and successful activation with the...
  3. Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.: Hi Hoping someone can help me out. I have the steam addition of flightsim FSX. Running it on windows 10 but sometimes when I start flightsim it crashes to desktop and in event viewer I get the...
  4. IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...: Re install of IL2 Forgotten Battles into Microsoft FSX on a Windows 7 Home premium base. Used to work perfectly until corrupted by an upgrade possibly now get error code 1723....
  5. fsx api.dll erreur since 2 -3 month

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fsx api.dll erreur since 2 -3 month: Nom du journal :Application Source : Application Error Date : 22/08/2023 15:08:59 ID de l’événement :1000 Catégorie de la tâche :(100) Niveau : Erreur Mots clés : Classique Utilisateur : N/A...
  6. why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition: why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition, even if the max speed in the aircraft.cfg is like 800 knots c46eeb72-03e1-4fa8-a39a-6eb5a108b234
  7. FSX Activation on Windows XP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FSX Activation on Windows XP: Hi there, I have installed Windows XP on an old computer which I want to use for old PC games. So after installing FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X -- 2006) it wants to get activated. In the...
  8. FSX Steam Won't start in Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FSX Steam Won't start in Windows 11: HI, Appreciate if someone can help me to resolve this issue. I just upgrade my PC (hardware and software) to Windows 11 and add Flight Sim Labs A320 into FSX Steam. After that the FSX crash and...
  9. FSX Steam - Elite Trusted Site

in XBoX on Consoles
    FSX Steam - Elite Trusted Site: FSX Steam will not allow the S/W to load for the Elite Avionics stack as it thinks this is not a 'Trusted' site. I also have native FSX and Prepar3d v4 on my m/c and there is no problem loading...
  10. Microsoft FSX Steam Edition crashing.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft FSX Steam Edition crashing.: Well, I have just downloaded FSX and every time I fly it, after a couple minutes and using the menu or changing views the game freezes and I get a Crash To Desktop. No message nor notification,...