Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.

Discus and support Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Hoping someone can help me out. I have the steam addition of flightsim FSX. Running it on windows 10 but sometimes when I start flightsim it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rhys Johns, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Rhys Johns
    Rhys Johns Guest

Hi

Hoping someone can help me out. I have the steam addition of flightsim FSX. Running it on windows 10 but sometimes when I start flightsim it crashes to desktop

and in event viewer I get the following event log

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
    Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab5
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000e3b9a
    Faulting process id: 0x1ddc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01da217ff04c1970
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\API.DLL
    Report Id: 151187a8-414b-4c4d-8cd8-c55360c1cec2
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have researched the internet, and it appears lots of people have a similar issue.

I have heard from people that reinstalling fsx se does not fix the issue and people have even reinstalled windows but the issue still persist.

The game is still being sold on steam and while I understand that Microsoft is heavily involved with MSFS2020 and the upcoming release of MSFS2024

It would be great if the api.dll was sorted for those of us that do not have PC that will run the latest flight simulator.

Regards

Rhys

:)

Rhys Johns, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Have you tried to repair game files through the Steam app?

Please, try repairing the game files:

Restart your computer and launch Steam

Next, you can either right-click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right

From the drop-down menu, select Properties.

Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files. button

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes

Disable any overlay app you may have running as well.

And run the executable file as a Windows Administrator.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Rhys, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear it.

Have you tried to run a system scan?

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Type this command: sfc /scannow

Press Enter.

If any error is found, follow the prompts to fix it.

Let me know if it works!
  4. Rhys Johns Win User

Hi

Thank you for your assistance

I did a Verify files through steam account in early December but that has not help.

The CTD doesn't happen all the time. I deleted my fsx se cfg file and started fsx se to build a new one to see if it was a corrupt cfg file but that hasn't worked.

I never had the issue when I wasrunning windows 7

Cheers

Rhys
  5. Rhys Johns Win User

Hi Rodrigo

Thank you for your reply ran, scannow with the following results

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

So nothing there

Regards

Rhys
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I was searching for it, and as you have said there are many similar cases.

Most of the solutions were based on folder access and Directx updates.

Unfortunately, I don't have any further troubleshooting to offer.

There are many knowledgeable users active on the forum and I hope that someone else can offer further insight on your issue, I will release the topic for further assistance.
Thema:

1. Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop. - Similar Threads - Fsx Api dll

2. My installation of FSX I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over.

in XBoX on Windows
    My installation of FSX I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over.: My installation of FSX (Flight Simulator X Deluxe), PC version, I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over. I reinstalled with original DVD and successful activation with the...
  3. FSX Steam Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FSX Steam Edition: I have just purchased and installed FSX Steam Edition. Every time I load the game it goes through the initial loading phase before crashing. Any ideas? -System -Provider [ Name]Application Error...
  4. IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...: Re install of IL2 Forgotten Battles into Microsoft FSX on a Windows 7 Home premium base. Used to work perfectly until corrupted by an upgrade possibly now get error code 1723....
  5. fsx api.dll erreur since 2 -3 month

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fsx api.dll erreur since 2 -3 month: Nom du journal :Application Source : Application Error Date : 22/08/2023 15:08:59 ID de l’événement :1000 Catégorie de la tâche :(100) Niveau : Erreur Mots clés : Classique Utilisateur : N/A...
  6. why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition: why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition, even if the max speed in the aircraft.cfg is like 800 knots c46eeb72-03e1-4fa8-a39a-6eb5a108b234
  7. FSX Activation on Windows XP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FSX Activation on Windows XP: Hi there, I have installed Windows XP on an old computer which I want to use for old PC games. So after installing FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X -- 2006) it wants to get activated. In the...
  8. Flightsimulator aktivieren (FSX)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flightsimulator aktivieren (FSX): Ich möchte gern meinen FSX auf den neuen Rechner aktivieren, leider ist dies nicht möglich, da es anscheinend keine Verbindung zu Microsoft gib. 47c3c9aa-da59-4c16-9047-0396cc00023f
  9. Speedlink Black widow not working with FSX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Speedlink Black widow not working with FSX: Whenever I launch Microsoft Flight Simulator X and plug in my joystick it crashes. I have uninstalled speedlink folder however it still crashes. How do I fix? db90ef86-c92d-45f3-97b5-e78706f57917
  10. when trying to launch fsx 2020 something went wrong err ox80070002. apparently an update...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when trying to launch fsx 2020 something went wrong err ox80070002. apparently an update...: please see above.Windows say i am up to date. xbox status says i am up to date.It happens when fsx is initially checking for updates. up pops the error message and thats it no further. tried app...