FSX Activation on Windows XP

Discus and support FSX Activation on Windows XP in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I have installed Windows XP on an old computer which I want to use for old PC games. So after installing FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Hofmann1, Jun 1, 2023.

1. FSX Activation on Windows XP

Hi there,

I have installed Windows XP on an old computer which I want to use for old PC games. So after installing FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X -- 2006) it wants to get activated. In the past this was never a problem, but now it is not able to do so.

I'm familiar with Windows XP and that it is unable to connect to "modern" SSL-Secured Websites. So I'm using proxHTTPproxy for HTTPS connections. I can see that the Activation Wizard is connecting to the following URL: https://activation-v2.sls.microsoft.com/sllicensing/SLLicense.asmx?configextension=FS and sending a "POST" (I can't see the posted Data). It is receiving a HTTP 500 Error. So do I when I open the Link myself (even on a Windows 11 PC).

I know that FSX is not supported anymore, but it would be great to have it activated so that I can still use it.

It is the original 2 DVD Version with the original Key I bought in 2006. Although it is not supported anymore, Microsoft could still provide the activation or maybe an activation patch which makes is free to use.

The Steam-Version is not an option, because Steam doesn't support Windows XP anymore FSX Activation on Windows XP :(

:)

Daniel Hofmann1, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

I'm afraid not. I spent a fair amount of time checking this problem out and have not found any other solutions other than what I posted. I do apologize for that.
  3. Daniel Hofmann1 Win User

Yes, I did... and after telling the installation ID number by number again it said that there were too many Activations for this product... the funny thing is, that the Activation Wizard is showing the same error now 😵‍💫

I just want to play the game... Do you know how to fix this?
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

It's a possibility but there's no guarantee that the number would even be active anymore. Give that a try if you're able to and see if it works for you.
  5. Daniel Hofmann1 Win User

Hi Onyx,

thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention this, but I already called the activation phone-number and entered the generated number digit-by-digit, which lead to the announcement that there was an error and currently the activation-service via phone has an error... "Thanks for calling".

Because I'm located in Germany, I called the German activation service phone number. Do you think the number of an other country (e.g. US) may work better?

Thanks,

Daniel
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Daniel, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your game.

Windows XP is no longer supported so that may be part of the issue. However, I have been doing some research on your problem and it seems as though others have had issues with activating the game as well. Even on a newer OS.

The only thing I was able to find was that someone had called the activation number to get the game activated https://www.flightsim.com/forums/topic/47836-ac....

If you have that information I'd recommend giving that a try to see if that helps.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. FSX Activation on Windows XP - Similar Threads - FSX Activation Windows

2. My installation of FSX I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over.

in XBoX on Windows
    My installation of FSX I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over.: My installation of FSX (Flight Simulator X Deluxe), PC version, I have used for years, tells me the trial period is over. I reinstalled with original DVD and successful activation with the...
  3. Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.: Hi Hoping someone can help me out. I have the steam addition of flightsim FSX. Running it on windows 10 but sometimes when I start flightsim it crashes to desktop and in event viewer I get the...
  4. FSX Steam Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FSX Steam Edition: I have just purchased and installed FSX Steam Edition. Every time I load the game it goes through the initial loading phase before crashing. Any ideas? -System -Provider [ Name]Application Error...
  5. IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...: Re install of IL2 Forgotten Battles into Microsoft FSX on a Windows 7 Home premium base. Used to work perfectly until corrupted by an upgrade possibly now get error code 1723....
  6. fsx api.dll erreur since 2 -3 month

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fsx api.dll erreur since 2 -3 month: Nom du journal :Application Source : Application Error Date : 22/08/2023 15:08:59 ID de l’événement :1000 Catégorie de la tâche :(100) Niveau : Erreur Mots clés : Classique Utilisateur : N/A...
  7. why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition: why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition, even if the max speed in the aircraft.cfg is like 800 knots c46eeb72-03e1-4fa8-a39a-6eb5a108b234
  8. Flightsimulator aktivieren (FSX)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flightsimulator aktivieren (FSX): Ich möchte gern meinen FSX auf den neuen Rechner aktivieren, leider ist dies nicht möglich, da es anscheinend keine Verbindung zu Microsoft gib. 47c3c9aa-da59-4c16-9047-0396cc00023f
  9. Speedlink Black widow not working with FSX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Speedlink Black widow not working with FSX: Whenever I launch Microsoft Flight Simulator X and plug in my joystick it crashes. I have uninstalled speedlink folder however it still crashes. How do I fix? db90ef86-c92d-45f3-97b5-e78706f57917
  10. when trying to launch fsx 2020 something went wrong err ox80070002. apparently an update...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when trying to launch fsx 2020 something went wrong err ox80070002. apparently an update...: please see above.Windows say i am up to date. xbox status says i am up to date.It happens when fsx is initially checking for updates. up pops the error message and thats it no further. tried app...