Frozen update now mw3 will not load, error code 80070490

Discus and support Frozen update now mw3 will not load, error code 80070490 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I went to apply the newest update for mw3 on 4/9/24 and when the update started it began downloading then suddenly froze for more than 5 minutes. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike T_2424, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Mike T_2424
    Mike T_2424 Guest

I went to apply the newest update for mw3 on 4/9/24 and when the update started it began downloading then suddenly froze for more than 5 minutes. My internet wasn't the issue and I restarted the Xbox. Now the update is gone and when I start mw3, the error message pops up "something went wrong error code 0x80070490" I've unintalled and re-installed the game twice along with restarting the system and power cycling the Xbox and nothing has worked. Currently it's only Mw3 but everything else works with no issues. I need HELP!

:)

Mike T_2424, Apr 10, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Mike! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with MW3.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?
    - Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console? if so, may I ask where MW3 is installed?
    - Have you checked if the update comes up at My games and apps > MW3 > Manage game & add-ons > Updates?
    - Have you checked if there are any pending OS updates for your console? you can see this at Settings > System > Updates.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Pugholski Win User

Connection problems with Gears Of War 2, 3 and Judgement

UPDATE:

Its all fixed now. Got the error code "80070490" so I had to delete my profile and download again.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Can't Download Add on - Did I mess up?

Sorry to hear it. That error means you should try deleting your gamertag and clear your cache before recovering it or that there is not enough space on the selected hard drive. Follow the steps at the link below to fix it.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80070490
  5. WPAK Win User

error code 80070490

Hi there,

i've seen reports that a factory reset will sometimes solve this issue, just be aware that everything on the phone will be deleted when doing that
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

error code 80070490

Hey there Moskito hero!

If you are continuing to experience this issue, please go ahead and create a new thread. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks
    in advance!
Thema:

1. Frozen update now mw3 will not load, error code 80070490 - Similar Threads - Frozen update mw3

2. Game froze now when I load any game that same frozen image appears.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game froze now when I load any game that same frozen image appears.: Any help from anyone would be appreciate! Im at a loss. Ive done everything I was playing Ark survival ascended like i do daily and it froze mid game about 2 hours. I did all the power cycling and...
  3. steam build word frozen at start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    steam build word frozen at start up: im doing games on pc edge win 11. Game just started doing that for me as well. uninstalled, reinstalled. I click on tabs and nothing its frozen at the main screen. Nothing responds to clicking or...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. Halo MCC Unable to Load without Frozen Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC Unable to Load without Frozen Screen: Halo Master Chief Collection on Xbox Series X froze during Halo 3 game play. Any time I restart the game, it brings me back to the same frozen screen. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled and removed save...
  6. Xbox Series X Frozen State

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Frozen State: I was playing Sonic Forces on my Xbox for the first time when just after getting an "achievement" the game went black and all that was on screen was the achievement popup and it wouldn't go away....
  7. My xbox leaderboard hasn't updated since the 9th its completely frozen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox leaderboard hasn't updated since the 9th its completely frozen: my leader board has been frozen since the 9th i am getting the achievements but no points they don't even activate the daily game pass quests its driving me nuts somebody fix this problem i Ain't...
  8. How to fix gamebar frozen video issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix gamebar frozen video issue?: After I clipped something and played the clip, it just shows a frozen part of the clip and plays the sound in the clip. If it helps, I was playing Fortnite. edb8791e-f0bd-488c-9350-95d299e0f3a4
  9. Youtube videos audio continues to play but the video itself is frozen.

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube videos audio continues to play but the video itself is frozen.: For the last few days now every now and then while I'm on Youtube the video im watching would stop seconds in and only have the audio come through. It happen occasionally and I've tried restarting...
  10. My Xbox 1s is stuck on the factory reset login page frozen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 1s is stuck on the factory reset login page frozen: My Xbox is frozen on factory reset login page de7cfed7-1736-4154-a555-38c493418949