Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

Discus and support Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Mia Leas, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Mia Leas
    Mia Leas Guest

Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start playing my own world, I am not able to invite them either. I am online and I am logged into my Microsoft account when I play. How can I fix this?

:)

Mia Leas, Sep 30, 2023
  2. Mia Leas Win User

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to answer this question. I actually got this fixed just yesterday when my friend came over. It turned out that I wasn't able to play with him and some others because they were playing on someone else's world and so his name didn't show. He also just regularly plays on private worlds that are invite only. Thank you though!
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Mia Leas,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble playing with your friends on Minecraft. This issue might be caused by different versions of the game, different network settings, or different privacy settings.

I need to ask you a few questions:

- Are you and your friends playing on the same version of Minecraft? There are different editions of the game, such as Bedrock and Java, that are not compatible with each other.

- Are you and your friends connected to the same network or online service? For example, if you are playing on Nintendo Switch, you need to have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to play online with other Switch users.

- Have you checked your privacy and online safety settings on your Microsoft account? You may need to adjust them to allow multiplayer and cross-platform play.

- Have you tried restarting your game, console, and router? Sometimes a simple reboot can fix connection issues.

Meanwhile, here are some troubleshooting steps we can perform to try and fix the issue:

- Make sure you and your friends are playing the same version of Minecraft. You can check the version number on the bottom right corner of the title screen. If you have different versions, you might need to update the game or delete and reinstall it.

- Make sure you and your friends are connected to the same network. If you are using Wi-Fi, try to use a wired connection or move closer to the router. If you are using cellular data, make sure you have a strong signal and enough data.

- Make sure you and your friends have the same privacy settings. You can check and change your privacy settings on your Microsoft account website or on your Xbox console. You might need to enable multiplayer games, online chat, or cross-network play.

- Restart your Nintendo Switch and your Minecraft game. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix many issues.

Please see: Minecraft for Nintendo Switch FAQ | Xbox Support / Manage a member’s safety settings to access Minecraft features | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.

Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Mia Leas,

Thank you for the update. Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Says I'm Offline When I am Not

When you look at your setting does it say "Show Offline" or "Show Online" If it says "Show Online" then you are appearing Offline to your friends. It is a simple toggle. When you look at it it is showing your friends the opposite of what it is showing
    you. So you if want to appear Online to your friend you will want the switch to say "Appear Offline". This may not be the issue but it has confused a number of gamers in the past. Let us know. Good Luck!
  6. Noah H. Win User

Minecraft and Xbox app issues with Multiplayer.

Also when my friends are playing Minecaft it says my friends are not playing Minecraft. I have them as a friend and they have me as a friend, when they are playing Minecraft, their name does not show up in the friends tab. I need help.

- Thanks, Noah
Thema:

1. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft. - Similar Threads - Friends show offline

2. Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted...

in XboX Insiders
    Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted...: Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted users who are not. But if I look at their profile in detail mode, it shows me that they are connected. It...
  3. party icon isnt showing up on friends profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party icon isnt showing up on friends profile: About a week and a half ago friend a on their xbox profile it stopped showing the headphones icon next to their name signifying that they're in a party. I can't view who's in their party or join...
  4. My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....: 1: Nothing to see here even though i clipped many things: https://imgur.com/a/J2Nu0uc ( cant paste images in here) 2: All my clips which dont show up/ both 30s second ones and full clips:...
  5. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  6. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  7. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  8. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  9. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  10. All my friends show as offline every though they are online

in XboX Insiders
    All my friends show as offline every though they are online: I was planning on playing minecraft with friends tonight but on the Xbox app it says all of them are offline. I went into minecraft and it said I had no friends on there and when u tried to join a...