Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

Discus and support Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Patrick Abernethy, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've tried reseting and repairing the Game Bar but nothing has helped.

Note: I played Gears 4 with a friend using the in game chat with no issues, it definitely seems to be a party chat issue.

:)

Patrick Abernethy, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi, Patrick my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

It's definitely concerning that your friends can't hear you in party chat unless the Game Bar is open. This seems to be a specific issue with the Game Bar and not your microphone itself, as evidenced by your friend hearing you in Gears 4's in-game chat. Here are some additional steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

Check Microphone Permissions:

Ensure the Game Bar has permission to access your microphone.
    Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.
    Make sure the toggle for "Game Bar" is turned "On".

Update Game Bar:

An outdated Game Bar might have bugs impacting microphone functionality.
    Open the Microsoft Store app.
    Click on Library > Get updates.
    Check if any updates are available for the Game Bar. Install them if necessary.

Disable Overlays:

Some overlays from other applications can interfere with the Game Bar's microphone functionality.
    Close any overlays you might be running, such as Discord or other game launchers.

Reset Game Bar Settings:

This will reset all Game Bar settings to default, potentially resolving any configuration issues.
    Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    Locate the Game Bar app.
    Click on Advanced options (three dots).
    Select Reset.

Check for Conflicting Drivers:

Sometimes, other audio drivers can conflict with the Game Bar's microphone functionality.
    Open Device Manager.
    Expand the "Audio inputs and outputs" section.
    Right-click on any other audio devices you're not using and select "Disable device".

Update Windows:

An outdated Windows system might have compatibility issues with the Game Bar.
    Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
    Check for updates and install them if available.

Create a New Audio Profile:

This can sometimes resolve microphone issues related to corrupted audio profiles.
    Go to Settings > System > Sound.
    Click on "Manage sound devices".
    Select your microphone and click on "Properties".
    Go to the "Advanced" tab.
    Click on "Properties" under "Default Format".
    Select a different format and click "Apply".
    Do the same for "Spatial sound" and "Test" the microphone to see if it works.

Here you have more and detailed information about mic issues with the game bar

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6d7e055d-8e2e-4dc5-88ec-cc9201b611ad

Information source (Credits): Note: The credits for this message go to the Independent advisor Zadee C. since his publication was the basis for obtaining said information,. I hope this information has been useful to you.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  3. lacrumb Win User

Remove all Xbox items from a Windows 10 computer

The problem is not Xbox it self as unless you click on it and open it there is noproblem.

BUT the Xbox Game Bar attacks you with out you activating it.
  4. Steven Longoria Win User

Game Bar Party only hears me if xbox game bar is actively open

You should be able to manually check Xbox game bar, for me it shows game bar and Xbox currently in use
  5. xNoOneLikesYoux Win User

Hey Cliff,

Can we get some other options to fix this? Tried everything and still having the same issue.
  6. chantmvp Win User

Note I would recommend having an xbox party open while doing this process so you can see where it is saying "currently in use" and also having someone else in the party so you can test whether they can hear you or not during and after the steps.
Thema:

1. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open - Similar Threads - Friends can't hear

2. Why can't I hear non-friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I hear non-friends?: When I play any Xbox related games or when I'm in a party i can only hear my friends and not other people. I looked at my privacy settings and it says I should be able to, but I can't. I'm on Pc....
  3. Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.: I'll give quick words about what's going on. Basically when I am in a group I can't hear my friend even if I try going on an alt account, my account is an adult account too. I've done: 2 Resets...
  4. Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.: I'll give quick words about what's going on. Basically when I am in a group I can't hear my friend even if I try going on an alt account, my account is an adult account too. I've done: 2 Resets...
  5. I can't hear my friend on my xbox party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't hear my friend on my xbox party: On my PC when I am on a xbox party, I can't seem to hear one of my friends. I tried everything that I can on xbox game bar in the party settings, and it still doesn't work! Please help!...
  6. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?: When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic tester and it sounded just fine so i believe...
  7. Friend can't talk/hear once I join party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend can't talk/hear once I join party: For over a month, I have been trying to join a party with my friend in it, we can hear each other for about 5 seconds and then it cuts him out. I have tried joining with a different profile and...
  8. Friend can hear me but I can't hear them (them Xbox me PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Friend can hear me but I can't hear them (them Xbox me PC): I wasn't sure where to put this but I talk to my friend on pc sometimes I can hear him other times I can't and his talking bubble doesn't move he says he is talking but the bubble isn't showing it...
  9. Friend can hear me but I can't her me (Xbox to PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Friend can hear me but I can't her me (Xbox to PC): I wasn't sure where to put this but I talk to my friend on pc sometimes I can hear him other times I can't and his talking bubble doesn't move he says he is talking but the bubble isn't showing it...
  10. Friend can't hear me, but he's the only one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend can't hear me, but he's the only one: Alright here's a weird one. I'm trying to play on Xbox Live via a party with my friend and everything was fine when suddenly my audio cuts out. I can hear him perfectly fine, but he can't hear me....