Friends are now getting an error 'cannot connect to server' when they try to join my...

Discus and support Friends are now getting an error 'cannot connect to server' when they try to join my... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So this connection error seems to be different than any other that I've seen reported online. Usually they have something to do with internet problems... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NickZoppa, May 25, 2019.

1. NickZoppa
    NickZoppa Guest

Friends are now getting an error 'cannot connect to server' when they try to join my...

So this connection error seems to be different than any other that I've seen reported online. Usually they have something to do with internet problems or NAT type, so I'll get all that out of the way first: my Internet is pretty fast (200mbps peak
    download speed), my NAT type is open, my privacy settings are set to custom and everything is set to its most public feature available on the xbox system settings menu, and my in game minecraft multiplayer mode is set to anyone can join (friends of friends)
    and everything is checked to play the game in the most public way possible. As the issue currently stands, I can join the public servers like MinePlex or the Hive, I can join my friends worlds, but none of my friends can join my worlds; new or past-created.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as doing a full system shut down from the setting menu.

PS: One thing I should note is that I just recently got back from college, so I moved my xbox from there back home. I've been playing with them on pocket edition for a few days and before that everything seemed to work just fine. They could join my
    worlds no problem before playing PE.

:)

NickZoppa, May 25, 2019
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: