friend trying to add my account. is repeatedly asked to reset my password

Discus and support friend trying to add my account. is repeatedly asked to reset my password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; my friend is trying to add my account to her xbox but it asks her to go to account.live.com/password/reset to reset my password. ive reset my password... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NewFutureTech, Jan 1, 2022.

1. friend trying to add my account. is repeatedly asked to reset my password

my friend is trying to add my account to her xbox but it asks her to go to account.live.com/password/reset to reset my password. ive reset my password but it still asks her to. how can we fix this?

:)

NewFutureTech, Jan 1, 2022
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Signing in to accounts that you do not own can lead to permanent bans for the accounts and possibly even the console. It doesn't matter if permission is given. It is a violation of the TOS that were agreed to. Be careful.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

You shouldn't be sharing your password with anyone....that would leave your account wide open to be abused if you and your friend have a falling out or such. The thing with console Home etc is that you sign in to their console, make it your home, then sign out again..not give your account details to the other person.

When your friend is trying to sign in, are you still signed in to your own console? Far as I know the system won't allow an account to be signed in at 2 different places
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi NewFutureTech, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

That's odd that she is being asked to your manage a different account. Kindly ask for the exact message that she is getting, if possible ask her to copy it then send it to you so you can send it here.

She may be asked to manage her account and not other accounts.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Hi NewFutureTech, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

That's odd that she is being asked to your manage a different account. Kindly ask for the exact message that she is getting, if possible ask her to copy it then send it to you so you can send it here.

She may be asked to manage her account and not other accounts.
    It's not odd at all...the OP has given their friend their password so the friend can sign in to their account, presumably to utilise the Home console feature so they can Game Share

It's not like the console is just randomly asking them to manage a different account
  6. LastSpartan94 Win User

Parent's email doesn't work...

When i try to add a friend, it asks me for the password of my parent's account... I enter the password, but then it displays the message "You cannot log in using your Windows Live ID credentials" (translated by google translator) and i'm sure that the password
    is correct!
Thema:

1. friend trying to add my account. is repeatedly asked to reset my password - Similar Threads - friend trying add

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  4. My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.: So after the update that put the chat and group options on the right of your friends list when I try to pull up my profile link on Xbox one x for myself or even press A on friends in friend list...
  5. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  6. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  7. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  8. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  9. Try to add a friend but keeps saying sorry can't save your changes right now try again in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Try to add a friend but keeps saying sorry can't save your changes right now try again in a...: I'm trying to add a friend but neither of us can add each other back keeps say sorry we can't save your changes right now try again in a while. Would really like this fixed his gamertag is...
  10. When sometime i try to add someone as a friend, I need to do it with the app Xbox because...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When sometime i try to add someone as a friend, I need to do it with the app Xbox because...: I can't figure it out here c06df0d0-296d-406c-a9b2-049a51b68e66