Friend is online chatting and inviting me to games but APPEARS offline in friends list?

Discus and support Friend is online chatting and inviting me to games but APPEARS offline in friends list? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't communicate with him/invite him/join him unless he does it. 6f477e0e-36d3-435f-9327-0bc3aa20ce74 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aG Juggernaut, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Friend is online chatting and inviting me to games but APPEARS offline in friends list?

I can't communicate with him/invite him/join him unless he does it.

:)

aG Juggernaut, Dec 26, 2016
  2. Why can't I invite my friends to play games

if any of your friends has their status set to offline that makes it complicated to invite them cause xbox sees them as not on xbox. I have this issue alot and i have to tell my friends to appear online just so i can invite them. U can sometimes bypass this
    by inviting your party to game.. But Being Offline is a do not disturb mode so it limits players interacting with each other.

Elijah aka Pyro, Dec 26, 2016
  3. No notification when friends come online (notifications turned on )

Same thing happening right now. Notifications for friends inviting me, messaging me etc. work fine, just when my friends go online is where i am having a problem...

Rice is Nicee, Dec 26, 2016
  4. ApriLSheep-F9E720AE- Win User

Showing offline to friends

I have the same issue as yours.

I never make it appear offline.

Just suddenly, I become offline while I were playing games and party with friends. In this time, I can't get any invite message if they saw me offline.

But I can invite them.

They said they saw me was playing a game some minutes ago. They saw it from the friends lists.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Friends on Minecraft

instead of using the in-game invitation option try inviting from your (his) Xbox friends list.

1 other possibility that could be preventing invitations is that on your Profile you are appearing as Offline.
  6. JEpo24 Win User

online friends not showing up

Same issue. Notification when i log in says I have friends online...which they are, but the appear offline in mt friends list and in games. I can only join a game when they invite me because according to my xbox they are offline! I have checked all my settings,
    everything is right....as there are a few of us that this has happened to around about the same time, i'm guessing it's a MS issue??
  7. NyteShayd Win User

Connection issues and disconnecting constantly

Yes, entire friends system appears to have gone offline to include party chat and even in game chat due to the entire list showing all users offline.
  8. Drogomm Win User

Two PC on same local network - XBox App conflicts

Hi ,

Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could figure out as to why you and your friends show offline on the Xbox app and Sea of Thieves. It is possible that both of you appear offline in the game because of a network issue. When you checked the network
    connection on the Xbox app, can you tell us the NAT type and Server connectivity it shown? Also, have you tried connecting your computers on another network?

In the meantime, let's try to reset the Xbox app by performing the following steps below:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    2. Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    3. Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    4. Click Reset.
    5. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect

We look forward to our reply.
    Checked on both PCs.

NAT Type: Open

Server Connectivity: Connected

I did a reset of the XBox App and Sea of Thieves, restarted the PCs: Same result.

Further, I tried to connect via another network. I used my mobile phone and established an internet connection via USB tethering. NAT Type switches to "Strict" then and the problem persists.

Let me please explain the sympthomes a bit more in detail as they are pretty confusing:

Within the XBox App you have (at least) four instances, where you can see the status of people.

1. Friend List

2. Profiles

3. Party List

4. Invite List (where you can choose to invite to "party" or "game")

Sometimes I see a few people "online" in my friend list or if I click on their profile or if they are in my party. It feels random, as I did not change anything for this to happen.

But:

- Stati in Friend List in my Xbox App was never synchron with the Friend List on the Xbox Website (i.e. on Website: 5 friends online with detailed status; in App: 2 friends online).

- What I see in the Friend List does no match the Profiles. I can see some people in Friend List online, but if I click on their Profile, they appear offline.

- People that where "online" just a second ago, appear "offline" after they joined my party

- Lastly: The Invite List. I never ever saw anybody in that list with any other status than "offline". Sometimes this list is completely empty, sometimes I can see all my friends there, but "offline". I can select an offline friend and click on "(invite to)
    party" and they receive the invite and can join. But the "(invite to) game" button remains grayed out, so you can not invite to game. The same Invite List also opens within the game, when you are in the match making screen. There I see everybody "offline"
    as well, but you can still send the game invite and they can join. Unfortunatly, once the game/match is started, you can not open this list anymore, but you have to rely on the Invite List in the Xbox App, which has the grayed out buttons.

If I click on "Refresh" in the Xbox App is usually results in a Friend List with everybody "offline", also there are people online (seen on Website). If I click on "Refresh" a second time, I get the error message "Could not display friends now. Please refresh."
    almost all the time.
Thema:

Friend is online chatting and inviting me to games but APPEARS offline in friends list?

1. Friend is online chatting and inviting me to games but APPEARS offline in friends list? - Similar Threads - Friend online chatting

2. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  3. I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that: I have a couple of gaming friends who often see me offline, but I'm actually online at the time, what's going on? 932edb5c-bb3e-4591-8c44-3c490fbf86e0
  4. How do I seen my friend online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I seen my friend online: On my Xbox Home Screen I can’t see any of my friends online and the when I login in my Xbox app I also can’t see any of my friends cbc2c0ad-eec3-486c-a64c-ff71eb194aaf
  5. I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...: I can’t see any of my friends online. It shows that they are all off-line.. if they try to send me a game invite they get a message that says I am currently off-line...
  6. Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?: Have a series x and for the last couple of months it has not showing any of my friends online. I have reset it once but still no joy in getting it to show friends. If I check my chats I can see...
  7. I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...: I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For overcooked 2. We used to play and invite my friend with no problem two days ago and now it is imposible...
  8. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  9. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  10. GTA online. Let’s play! I need friends. lol

in XboX Insiders
    GTA online. Let’s play! I need friends. lol: Do it submitted by /u/Ok-Report-6784 [link] [comments]