Friend gifted me a game, code xbox sent me to redeem doesn't work

Discus and support Friend gifted me a game, code xbox sent me to redeem doesn't work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friend gifted me a game using the Microsoft store, xbox sent me a code to redeem but it doesn't work. a0695692-592c-4848-93ba-24dd44c2181e Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hansen Hoarau, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Friend gifted me a game, code xbox sent me to redeem doesn't work

My friend gifted me a game using the Microsoft store, xbox sent me a code to redeem but it doesn't work.

:)

Hansen Hoarau, Jun 12, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is your friend in the same country as you? For a code to work, the person who gifts you the code have to be in the same country.
  3. NLH1 Win User

Redeemed a code. won't download.

Best work around for this is to have your friend who sent you the gift code sign into your account on their xbox and redeem the code for you, then you'll be able to download the game on your console.
  4. NLH1 Win User

Can't purchase Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region.

Changing region doesn't let you purchase stuff from the store for that region or redeem gifted codes. The best work around I found was having a friend from that region redeem the gift code so that I could have the content, I'm sure this would also work
    with purchases. Other than that I don't have any other suggestions, let me know if it works.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Email gifting

There are two ways to gift to friends. The first, email gifting, will give you a redeemable code after purchase (usually sent to you via email). This one you can then send to your friend. The only drawback is if you get their email address wrong and they may not receive it.

The second method which is the best is gifting directly to their gamertag on your list. That code will be sent to them via the Xbox Message Center and can be redeemed directly on the console.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I had auto redeemed a game code that i paid for but I was already own the game?

Hi Harish, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Go to your order history page https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and look for the item.

Select View gift code.

If the code was redeemed, check the name it was sent to.

If the code is still active, select View gift code and then Copy it and send to your friend.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/gifting-digital-xbox-game-help
Thema:

1. Friend gifted me a game, code xbox sent me to redeem doesn't work - Similar Threads - Friend gifted game

2. Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?: I recently gifted the dark pictures little hope(game) to my friend so we could play together but it seems he hasn’t received it. I’m just curious because last time I did this he was able to...
  3. My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...: My friend gifted me something a week ago and it hasnt come it yet 44708d46-f152-45e1-a5d9-f24e951b5b10
  4. Glitched game pass gift for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitched game pass gift for a friend.: Hello, I made a bad mistake of buying a gift for my friend (which is on my Xbox) on my computer which has the game pass (for pc) 3 months trial. We're game sharing and the game runs better on my...
  5. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  6. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  7. If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...

in XboX Insiders
    If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...: Sorry if my question isn't precise, a friend wants to give me an Xbox game directly with the "buy as gift" option. This will give me the game with a code but once downloaded will he also have...
  8. My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...: I just got up and would appreciate help on the matter cause there ain’t no way some random person just guessed the code. 7089c418-e667-4aa7-9e3e-16a7e4c08ad3
  9. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...: It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c
  10. If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??: Trying to send my friend funds for game pass through the Microsoft store. 927c4674-cad6-4433-86d2-048c38dc1319