Friend can’t get mic to work for PC Xbox app.

Discus and support Friend can’t get mic to work for PC Xbox app. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My friend has a HyperX Cloud Alpha mic for his gaming PC and he can’t seem to get it to work on the Xbox app for PC. He has attempted to join the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Fiddlegonk, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Friend can’t get mic to work for PC Xbox app.

My friend has a HyperX Cloud Alpha mic for his gaming PC and he can’t seem to get it to work on the Xbox app for PC.

He has attempted to join the party and talk, but we have to use Discord for him as it’s the only way it lets him talk.

While he’s in the Xbox party, his voice is extremely distorted and it sounds like he’s talking through a fan while underwater.

His mic doesn’t allow him to speak in certain game chats either.

He used to have another mic that worked for everything, but now this mic is giving him trouble and he is unable to use it for certain VCs.

I’m unsure if there are audio settings he could change, or precautions he could take to help him use the Xbox app, but if there are, please let me know as I’d like to help him out.

submitted by /u/Fiddlegonk
    [link] [comments]

/u/Fiddlegonk, Dec 9, 2023
  2. AidenBertram1 Win User

mic on xbox app sounds robotic

It's a bug with the Xbox app on pc. My mic does the same thing when using the Xbox app but works fine when using an app like discord.
  3. steezycrookz Win User

Xbox Mic issue

Nah that didnt work man, the mic works as ive been using it on the xbox app on my phone and pc. The issue is using it with the xbox console.
  4. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
  5. Belen T.C. Win User

PC mic does not work with Xbox remote play

Hello awful waffle,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with your Mic during Remote Play. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

There are a few possible causes for this issue, such as:

- Your PC mic is not set as the default input device in your Windows settings.

- Your PC mic is muted or has a low volume in your Xbox app settings.

- Your PC mic is not compatible with Remote Play or the game you are playing.

- There is a network or software problem that prevents your PC mic from working properly.

To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps:

- Check your Windows settings and make sure that your PC mic is selected as the default input device. You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar, selecting Sounds, and then clicking on the Recording tab. You should see your PC mic listed there. If not, you may need to enable it or install the drivers for it. You can also test your PC mic by clicking on Properties and then on the Levels tab. You should see a green bar moving when you speak into your PC mic.

- Check your Xbox app settings and make sure that your PC mic is not muted or has a low volume. You can do this by opening the Xbox app, clicking on the gear icon in the lower-left corner, and then clicking on Audio & video.

You should see your PC mic listed under Microphone. Make sure that the slider is not set to zero or close to it.

You can also test your PC mic by clicking on Test microphone and speaking into it. You should hear yourself through your speakers or headphones.

- Check if your PC mic is compatible with Remote Play or the game you are playing. Some PC mics may not work well with Remote Play or certain games due to different audio formats or protocols. You can try using a different PC mic or a headset that connects directly to your Xbox controller via a 3.5mm jack. You can also check the game's settings and see if there are any options to adjust the audio input or output.

- Try a different mic: If none of the above solutions work, try using a different mic to see if the issue is with your current mic or with the Xbox app.

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue and enjoy Remote Play with your friends. If you need further assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Mr daffypyle Win User

i can’t Hear my game

First, go to the audio device settings

Next, plug in your mic or headset. You should see a little audio bar that moves up and down with your voice. If you can’t find this, or the audio bar seems to be frozen, your mic doesn’t work, and you unfortunately have to get a new
    one.

If it does work, awesome! Adjust the pick up sensitivity of the mic to high or very high. It should be more sensitive now.

Now try loading into Fortnite. If this still doesn’t work, even when creating a private party (by the way make sure in the party you aren’t muted and the little mic icon is broadcasting little waves as you speak, otherwise, your headphones
    are broken)I would try apps like discord to talk with your friends.
Thema:

Friend can’t get mic to work for PC Xbox app.

1. Friend can’t get mic to work for PC Xbox app. - Similar Threads - Friend can’t mic

2. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...: I just got Fortnite on my pc yesterday but I did have an epic account so it was all my old stuff 9f7338ef-3798-4a9c-91cf-58bc5f2d1a5c
  5. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  6. I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S: I was using Discord on a regular basis. One day I accidentally switched to game chat but when I switched back to Discord chat, I could no longer hear other people in the party, and I could not be...
  7. Friend can’t have custom profile pictures

in XboX Insiders
    Friend can’t have custom profile pictures: My friends account is stuck as a child account and even though he can play 18+ games he can’t do things like changing his profile picture to a custom one is there anyway to fix this? submitted by...
  8. I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t see any of my friends online and if they try to send me a game invite, it tells...: I can’t see any of my friends online. It shows that they are all off-line.. if they try to send me a game invite they get a message that says I am currently off-line...
  9. Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there: Hmmmm …ok well as the question states I don’t message people much and now I can’t send messages on the app..don’t know what else to say? 61fb85e9-7aa6-4b29-b7ae-018e45b6d11b
  10. Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t play with friends/having connection issues.: I can’t join friends on GTA 5 or Fortnite etc any online game really and every time I turn my Xbox on it never connects me to the internet I have to manually do it otherwise I can’t access friends...