Friend cannot join Minecraft World; We have been playing on it for about 2 weeks.

Discus and support Friend cannot join Minecraft World; We have been playing on it for about 2 weeks. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friend and I have spent the past two weeks playing on a world together, but for some reason he cannot connect to the world this morning despite the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by spenfo, Aug 31, 2021.

1. spenfo
    spenfo Guest

Friend cannot join Minecraft World; We have been playing on it for about 2 weeks.

My friend and I have spent the past two weeks playing on a world together, but for some reason he cannot connect to the world this morning despite the countless troubleshooting attempts we've tried from various articles and videos. We've spent about two hours trying to figure this out and this is what we've learned:

- My friend cannot get past the pop-up message of, "Generating World" with the below message saying, "Locating server". He also attempted everything in this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-friends/a11c4a73-95e2-4177-be8d-2c9f72c0ffa5, but to no avail.

- Additionally, I have also tried restarting my Minecraft, my Playstation, and disconnecting/reconnecting my Microsoft Account, however none of this has seemed to help.

- By trying other worlds we have confirmed that we can both join worlds that the other is hosting, but not the specific world we have been playing on up until now. I have even tried making a copy of the world, and it would not let him join that either.

Also, I am on PS4 and my friend is on XboxOne.

I have exhausted every possible problem-solving tactic I have. Please help, we really do not want to be forced to start over on a new world.

:)

spenfo, Aug 31, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You'll need to reach out to Minecraft support for assistance on this one. You can submit a ticket here https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

[Mod Removed-Profanity] МАЙНКРАФТ [Mod Translation-(Mod Removed) Minecraft]

So... it appears you're having problems connecting to your friends worlds in Minecraft for Windows 10.

I would have them check their in-game settings in Minecraft under the main menu there, and make sure that Online play is enabled. Sometimes this is switched to being disabled and therefore they cannot join any online games and friends cannot join their game
    either. Both you and your friends should check in Minecraft settings and make sure that Online play is enabled and friends are allowed to join. Then you can select which permissions you would like to enable for your friends when they join your world after
    that.
  4. jaghuar Win User

How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in Minecraft (Win10 PC version - Not Java)?

I have activated all these settings and my child’s profile still cannot add friends on minecraft. I can join his world but he cannot join my world. He shows 1 friend on the friends tab but it doesn’t show any joinable friends or my world inside the friends
    tab. I have even changed all settings to allow everything (defeats the purpose) and I still cannot add friends on his account. Please help!!!!!!
  5. ZRRTL TERRY Win User

Unable to join world ( minecraft )

I cannot join my friend's world ( he is ps4 and im xbox ). We are both NAT type open and i've tried everything to join, it keeps saying unable to connect to world and i desperately need to play. Thanks, I appreciate any help
    Xbox and ps4 are not crossplay at the moment for minecraft. Pc is on the other hand. Hope I helped :)
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Unable to connect to friends world (minecraft)

I cannot join my friend's world (we are both ps4). We are both NAT type open and i've tried everything to join, it keeps saying unable to connect to world and i desperately need to play. Thanks, I appreciate
    any help
    Make sure the world is set to allow friends to join and not single player amd your both on the same verson
Thema:

1. Friend cannot join Minecraft World; We have been playing on it for about 2 weeks. - Similar Threads - Friend cannot join

2. Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...: We are both on bedrock version 1.19.08.2 on mobile, both got minecraft from the same place. We are able to connect to 3rd party servers but when we try to join each others single player worlds...
  3. I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...: I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For overcooked 2. We used to play and invite my friend with no problem two days ago and now it is imposible...
  4. I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...: I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series consoles. f8b46043-3d91-4bb2-9867-388c6e3a7c7c
  5. How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S): This is a problem I've been having for a long time. Basically, anytime I try to invite someone to a game and they are not on my friends' list, they always get an error message upon trying to join...
  6. I can’t join my friends server. We’re both on ps5 and I always get the cannot connect to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t join my friends server. We’re both on ps5 and I always get the cannot connect to...: I can’t join my friends world on ps5. I get cannot connect every time. What can I do? 9f9f7314-8f02-44a0-b283-7dd6c41d44c6
  7. BO2 on Xbox One X cannot join with Friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    BO2 on Xbox One X cannot join with Friends: Keep getting "game session no longer available" whenever I try to accept invites or join into a friend's party on COD: BO2! NAT is open. Settings are correct on console. Same issue is occurring...
  8. How come I can join a party with a friend in Scotland but I cannot play any games with them...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come I can join a party with a friend in Scotland but I cannot play any games with them...: Trying to play a game with a friend overseas but all I can do is join party but on diablo 3 I get an error cannot join party what's the deal with this? ed2d330b-c54e-44e9-9961-d4933f452dfa
  9. Cannot join friend on cloud gaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot join friend on cloud gaming?: I am on xbox series S, so is my friend. He has msfs2020 standard installed, I do not. I am trying to use cloud gaming to join him but i keep getting error code (0x87e10019) and it says "you need...
  10. My friend cannot join my Realms world nad friendships seems to not work correctly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend cannot join my Realms world nad friendships seems to not work correctly.: Playing Bedrock on PC. My friend is on XBOX. He was able to join yesterday. But now he get weird messages about checking his internet connection, which is just fine. And when I sent him the link...