Friend and Broadcast Notification settings

Discus and support Friend and Broadcast Notification settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why do I receive broadcast notifications every 5 minutes from the same person, who is not set to favorite, when in the options of "Friend & broadcast... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Church367A, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Church367A
    Church367A Guest

Why do I receive broadcast notifications every 5 minutes from the same person, who is not set to favorite, when in the options of "Friend & broadcast notifcations" the last modifier is titled "Show for" is set to "Favorites only"? I should not be receiving
    any notifications regarding broadcast from anyone unless they have been set to favorite according to the settings. Granted friend and broadcast notifications should not be coupled together in the first place, but that is a different argument.

:)

Church367A, Sep 28, 2017
  2. LFC COL 159
    LFC COL 159 Guest
    FRIENDS

go on to settings then find notifications then go to xbox notifications then make sure that friends and broadcasts is on

LFC COL 159, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Friend Sign in Notifications Not Working

So I got the newest update for the Xbox One and I set my "Sign-in & broadcasts" setting to "All friends" but I get no notification when my friends come online at all. I don't know if this is just happening to me or what.

TheSantaclawz, Sep 28, 2017
  4. Frathos Win User

Just Started Broadcasting message keeps going out to online friends while I stream.

This problem might be related to the Xbox Live services issues that occurred earlier today. Do you monitor your stream via PC, laptop, or tablet to see if you can verify whether the stream is being affected by a network or XBL issue?

If your friends don't want to continually get started broadcasting notifications then they can go into Settings - Preferences - Notifications - Xbox notifications and turn Friends & broadcasts off. This is my personal default setting preference. I just rely
    on the Messages or Party & game notifications if I want to play with someone who sends me an invite otherwise it can become very distracting if you have a large friends list with players from around the world who can come online or start streaming at all hours
    of the day.
  5. GrowlingYapper Win User

Xbox One Controller & Stereo Headset Adapter Update

Insanity notifications are set to favourites by default in preferences sign in broadcast
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Notification of friends online on the xbox how to remove this?

This is normally down to using the favourite feature on a friends profile. Open the guide, go to "people" tab and open your friends list. Select the profile of the gamer you want to stop the notification for and open it, select "change friendship" and either
    change to just friend from favourite or remove.

You can also go into settings>preferences>notifications>Xbox notifications>friends & broadcasts and change what you want to have notified there.
  7. EndoNova Win User

"game streaming is turned off on your xbox one. To turn it back on, go to your console and open settings > preferences"

Try checking your notification settings. There is a setting for broadcasting in there that needs to be on for streaming to work. That solved my problem, but that's was before the new update.
  8. Wilfred Mac Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 Notifications?

Hi,

We would like to know if you are referring to the notification settings on the Xbox app. These are the settings that you can change on the Xbox app notifications. You can do this by going to Xbox app>Settings>Notifications.

Notifications - The following items can be adjusted:

• Favorite online (notifies you when favorite friends are online).
    • Twitch broadcast started (notifies you when favorite friends start broadcasting).
    • Message (notifies you when you get a new message).

If you are referring to the notification of the Xbox Live from the control center is currently not available. We recommend that you submit or send this as a suggestion feature for the Xbox app. You may submit this request to our Xbox Feedback Hub. To do
    this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
Thema:

1. Friend and Broadcast Notification settings - Similar Threads - Friend Broadcast Notification

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  4. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  5. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  6. My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.: So after the update that put the chat and group options on the right of your friends list when I try to pull up my profile link on Xbox one x for myself or even press A on friends in friend list...
  7. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  8. Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!: Play with friends view Activision/Blizzard game in Xcloud we cant play Hope Microsoft resolve it soon! submitted by /u/jontebula [link] [comments]
  9. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  10. friend can't include their audio into my broadcast through the xbox app on phone

in XboX Insiders
    friend can't include their audio into my broadcast through the xbox app on phone: ok so. i have a friend that plays ps4 and game chat audio doesnt pick up on my stream (im xbox one s streaming on twitch) so he downloaded the xbox app on his phone so that i could add him into a...