Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...

Discus and support Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; You are at the limit of 3 selections of PC for offline play in 365 days. You can choose a new PC on... But it's the same computer just with a fresh... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Travis Stoll, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Travis Stoll
    Travis Stoll Guest

Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...

You are at the limit of 3 selections of PC for offline play in 365 days. You can choose a new PC on... But it's the same computer just with a fresh Windows Install. Same Serial Number and everything.

I had to replace my power supply after already re-installing Windows twice because it kept crashing before I realized the 3.3v to the CPU was way low. So' I'm on my 4th re-install in a month and when I went to change my settings in the XBOX app, I got the above message with a date of July to be able to add another PC. The problem is that I just want to add the same PC, but it isn't recognizing it as the same one even though the serial numbers, name, and everything is the same. I deleted the duplicate devices in my online Microsoft account hoping that would fix it, but no dice. It's not a huge deal for me, but it kind of sucks if I'm not going to be able to play anything during Internet outages, downtime, just slowness that us country folks still experience. Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get... :) Thanks for any help!

Quick Edit: To be specific about the setting that I'm talking about, It's the XBOX app for PC. Then navigate to Settings -> General -> Offline Permissions -> Offline Permissions Enabled with a checkbox. When I try to check the box, I get the above error. Thanks!

:)

Travis Stoll, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Lost my Minecraft game from Microsoft Store

To install games remotely to your Windows 10/11 device, use the apps outlined above. Before you start, however, do the following to get your PC or tablet ready.

On your Windows device, make sure you’re using the Microsoft account for your Xbox profile. Also, make sure the device is on and connected to the internet.

Make sure you’re signed in to both the Xbox app for Windows and the Microsoft Store app with the same Microsoft account you use for your Xbox profile.

These apps don’t need to be running, you simply need to be the last person to sign in to them.

Note If your Windows device is in sleep mode, offline, or turned off, game downloads can’t start.

In Sleep mode or offline, games you install from your app will be queued for download once the device is online.

If the device has been shut down, games won’t be queued for download until your next game installation. If the device shuts down during installation, the download will continue when the device starts back up.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get "You are at the limit of 3 selections of PC for offline play in 365 days? Fix?

Hi Travis, my name is Oskayra, happy to help you.

The problem you are experiencing is that the Xbox app does not recognize your computer as the same after reinstalling Windows. This is because the Xbox app uses your computer's serial number to identify it. When you reinstall Windows, your computer's serial number changes. You can try changing your account password.

In your case, you have already removed the duplicate devices from your Microsoft account. You can try changing the name of your computer.

You can do it in the Control Panel. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
    3. Click "Device Manager".
    4. Expand the "System" section.
    5. Right-click "System Device" and select "Properties".
    6. In the "General" tab, change the name of your computer.

If that doesn't work, you can contact Microsoft customer support.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Here are some additional tips to avoid this problem in the future:

1. Back up your computer serial number before reinstalling Windows.
    If you need to reinstall Windows, use the same version of Windows that you had previously installed.

2. If you need to change your computer's serial number, be sure to update the serial number in your Microsoft account.

I hope my answer has been useful to you, I have clarified your doubts, do not hesitate to tell me if you have any other problem, I hope I have helped you.

Regards, Oskayra
  4. CarTzy Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Error - IPSEC: 0x00000000

Hello,

I advise you to execute a factory reset while retaining your files on your Windows device.

Give your PC a Fresh Start - Microsoft Support

While the settings and installed apps on your PC will also be uninstalled, your files won't be lost.

If the problem still exists after reinstalling the game, there may be a problem with the game itself.
  5. CarTzy Win User

xbox game bar copy link button disappear

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I suggest that you perform a factory reset on your Windows device while keeping files.

Here is the guide: Give your PC a Fresh Start - Microsoft Support

Please be reminded that apps and settings will be removed after performing the method, you need to re-install apps and re log in.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

2 devices, one with game chat transcription and one without, how do I enable it on the one without?

Make sure Windows 10 is the latest version & Xbox app is up to date on the laptop with the fresh install, and try changing the setting again.
Thema:

1. Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get... - Similar Threads - Fresh Windows install

2. How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag: I need to know for my account recovery I'm stuck on make a fresh account for account recovery but I signed into outlook emails thro the email will that immediately associated a xbox gamertag I...
  3. Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?: Hi, I started having stick-drift issues with my controller. It was still under warranty so I got a replacement last July (11 months ago). Having the same issues again, the same direction on the...
  4. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11: Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words: - making things awesome -...
  5. code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...: i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows install. i think its an account problem ae19f41d-6837-4443-b1c2-7fee5e768248
  6. after installing fresh install of win11. restoring from cloud settings results in xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after installing fresh install of win11. restoring from cloud settings results in xbox...: so i came to do a fresh install of windows 11. at the initial setup screen. it asks to restore apps and settings from cloud. which i did every time i restart windows. it reinstalls payday 3....
  7. I wanted to get a used Xbox one start fresh and I wanna to know if I could get banned for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanted to get a used Xbox one start fresh and I wanna to know if I could get banned for...: My brother owns a Xbox Series S and I was wondering if I get a Xbox and play with him online if could I get banned by association my brother violates the code of conduct by telling people thare ip...
  8. Xbox Login Attempt after fresh Windows 11 reinstall.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Login Attempt after fresh Windows 11 reinstall.: I just set up my pc after reinstalling windows and I'm trying to sign into my xbox account on pc but it is saying my account or device has been suspended or banned from Xbox Live. I tried another...
  9. Does anyone at Microsoft have a tube they can breath some fresh air through since all their...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone at Microsoft have a tube they can breath some fresh air through since all their...: Baby momma hacked my account so now I can’t access any of my emails my main one or the backup and Xbox wants an old expired debit card number from 10 years ago to verify account ownership rather...
  10. What to do if my controller is not turning on even though I put fresh batteries in it

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do if my controller is not turning on even though I put fresh batteries in it: I don't know what to do I put fresh batteries in it I tried plugging it up it still wouldn't work 69aac900-5183-4843-94f6-3650d1ddc315