Frequent Disconnect Issue with Xbox One X & Wireless/Bluetooth Microsoft Controller

Discus and support Frequent Disconnect Issue with Xbox One X & Wireless/Bluetooth Microsoft Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried all of the troubleshooting techniques, but I am still having issues connecting to my Xbox One X with my bluetooth, Microsoft certified... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mastermmm, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Mastermmm
    Mastermmm Guest

Frequent Disconnect Issue with Xbox One X & Wireless/Bluetooth Microsoft Controller

I have tried all of the troubleshooting techniques, but I am still having issues connecting to my Xbox One X with my bluetooth, Microsoft certified wireless Xbox One controllers.

All of them are having the same issues - the majority of the time, they do not even start the console. When they eventually do (usually I am forced to reconnect them to the console using the pairing method), they will disconnect from the console several
    times, every hour. Usually, the character on the screen will start spinning as if I am rotating the left or right joystick. Other times, it will simply disconnect and then prompt me to reconnect my controller.

I have 4 controllers, all basically brand new (purchased within the past 6 months). They are all bluetooth capable. I am only having this issue on my Xbox One X console, and have never had these problems with my original Xbox One.

There is nothing physically that could be interfering with the controllers, and I am only a few feet away from my console, etc. etc. My only option I can see now is to do a factory reset.

Note: This is my second Xbox One X console, the first one was a lemon (it kept overheating). I really hope I'm not forced to go buy another.

:)

Mastermmm, Sep 13, 2018
  2. wolfspidr
    wolfspidr Guest
    Xbox One disconnecting from Internet need help

I had the same issue recently. My controller was also frequently disconnecting and then failing to reconnect. Disabling 'Instant On' has seemingly fixed my wireless problems.

wolfspidr, Sep 13, 2018
  3. One S Controller Bluetooth Mapping Incorrect on Win10

Hey guys, I've been using a One S controller with Windows 10 where in the past it has worked OK on Bluetooth. The controller is now failing to work in game.

1. Wired - Works OK in game.

2. Bluetooth - Connects/pairs OK to Windows 10 (Windows Settings\Bluetooth\Add Device\Bluetooth\Xbox Wireless Controller) note the controller does not appear under the "Everything Else" category.

3. Bluetooth - All buttons test OK in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\Xbox Wireless Controller\Game Controller Settings\Test).

4. Bluetooth - In game, the only buttons that respond are x,y,a,b, although they are mapped incorrectly, x-left, y-right, a-up, b-down.

5. Bluetooth - Have tried the "Xbox Accessories" remap option where this has no affect on how the buttons are mapped in game.

6. Bluetooth - This occurs in Far Cry 4 and Forza Horizon 3 (only games I have), both of which have previously worked OK with this controller. I'm not too sure when this has occurred as I haven't played any games for 6+ months.

7. Windows 10, Intel Wireless/Bluetooth model 8260 and Xbox controller firmware up to date.

How can I resolve this issue? It appears to be an issue with the Bluetooth drivers not mapping the controller correctly.

InfiniteWorm173, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Frequent Disconnect Issue with Xbox One X & Wireless/Bluetooth Microsoft Controller

The problem i am having is saying i can't connect to wireless network or xbox live due to hardware problem and i want to know how to solve this problem.

ChildishZoo1359, Sep 13, 2018
  5. EddieDaddy85
    EddieDaddy85 Guest
    Hello!

After pairing them to your XBOX, make sure all your controllers are up to date.

Here is how to do it:

t.co/v9oGVpIMFM

EddieDaddy85, Nov 3, 2018
  6. EddieDaddy85 Win User

Hello!

After pairing them to your XBOX, make sure all your controllers are up to date.

Here is how to do it:

t.co/v9oGVpIMFM
  7. ChildishZoo1359 Win User

The problem i am having is saying i can't connect to wireless network or xbox live due to hardware problem and i want to know how to solve this problem.
  8. KSPslice Win User

Controller dying with full battery pack?

9. Prince Leo II Win User

Post Repair Xbox Still Broken? Controllers will not connect

10. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Controller

Thema:

1. Frequent Disconnect Issue with Xbox One X & Wireless/Bluetooth Microsoft Controller - Similar Threads - Frequent Disconnect Issue

2. Frequent disconnections during cloud gaming on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Frequent disconnections during cloud gaming on Series S: During some long sessions playing in the cloud from an Xbox Series S, the game closes without warning, requiring it to be reopened It happens very often. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...: I experience frequent controller disconnects with the following set up: - Xbox Wireless Controller - Xbox One Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Full charge) - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows...
  4. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  5. what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?: I have an Xbox One and Xbox X - both have issues with the internet connection dropping or not connecting. 1. Xbox One is obviously older but has the same issue as the Xbox X 2. Xbox X was...
  6. Frequent network disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent network disconnect: Lots of network disconnects with my series x. Is this a known issue? cd6faa62-c931-46d5-b218-4a55cf3a3ded
  7. My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue...: Problem: My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue screen with and the screen turning different staticky colours (and so no specific error codes). I...
  8. Xbox one controller frequently disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller frequently disconnects: My Xbox one controller is rapidly disconnecting from my Xbox. I tried updating the firmware on the Xbox. I’ve replaced the batteries. Still happening. The light on the controller stays on when...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers: The receiver disconnects all my controllers (4) at random times, not all at once, they die one by one. Also when I'm playing alone, the active controller disconnects, then I take another one, and...
  10. Sea of Thieves Server disconnect error every 2hours, gets frequent until full Xbox reboot,...

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of Thieves Server disconnect error every 2hours, gets frequent until full Xbox reboot,...: Xbox Series X - Alpha-Skip Ahead Build Sea of Thieves - Retail version Issue occues on both Wired/Wireless Connection Open NAT IPv4 or IPv6 connection DMZ turned on Xbox Port forward configured...