Free gamertag swap the first time

Discus and support Free gamertag swap the first time in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to change my gamertag due to an inappropriate joke made by one of my coworkers but it wants to charge me $10. I’ve never changed my gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bo Brooks, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Bo Brooks
    Bo Brooks Guest

I want to change my gamertag due to an inappropriate joke made by one of my coworkers but it wants to charge me $10. I’ve never changed my gamertag since I created my Microsoft account. Please help as I do not want to pay when the first swap is supposed to be free.

:)

Bo Brooks, Dec 24, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

You're changing your gamertag due to an inappropriate joke? Did your coworker change your gamertag by any chance? If so, then your free gamertag change has already happened. So you will be charged for the change.
  3. Bo Brooks Win User

No it is my current and longstanding gamertag that had a joke made about it, that’s my reason to want to change it but no no one has access to my account besides me
  4. Daft Badger Win User

When you created your account did you change your gamertag from the auto generated one to a personal one?

If so then that was your one time free change.
  5. AI_Charles Win User

Change gamertag first time free!?

So to next problem. I was trying to get a gamertag changed by paying for it since I'm about to give up on all of this. It want's me to fill in a profile address for billing... it has the country set on US and I can't change it... this is a prank right
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Change gamertag first time free!?

Hi Charles,

If you'd like to contact support over the phone you must request a call back using our
    Contact Us
    portal. Ultimately, if your account has indicated that there already has been a courtesy GamerTag change, then there would be no way to receive another free change.

I hope this information helps.
Thema:

1. Free gamertag swap the first time - Similar Threads - Free gamertag swap

2. Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...: Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose it coz I've just only brought this account 4255addd-2661-4f2e-88ce-8eed063fdf7f
  3. free gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    free gamertag change: I was told that i Can change my gamertag first time for free. I Haven't ever changed my GT, and I either cant find the option to change it free, or i Don't get one. Please help, thank you,” we...
  4. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  5. How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free: My brother changed my gamertag to something cringy on Xbox, and I can't get it back to the old gamertag, what do I do? My old one was Itspapersteve. b1164177-dfcc-4770-b03e-61aebfac6528
  6. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  7. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  8. If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...: Hello. I was wondering if you had to pay the $10 fee to change your gamertag back to the original one that I started with. Please let me know if you have an answer....
  9. Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?: So i wanted to change my Xbox Gamertag and i looked it up and many people are saying i can Change it for Free for the First time, i never Changed my Gamertag since i Created the Account but it...
  10. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...: I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.) 2a2f7bbf-a2ac-49fd-9d0f-0249cf741282