free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work

Discus and support free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an xbox one I played on the pc before so thought it would be nice to play older games I liked now on my xbox one i first bought fallout 4. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GroovyShrimp9, Oct 9, 2016.

1. free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work

I have an xbox one

I played on the pc before so thought it would be nice to play older games I liked now on my xbox one

i first bought fallout 4. It came with a free game code for fallout 3. I have tried +10 times to enter the code but keep getting same message 'there is a problem, try again later'

last week i bought just cause 3 as it came with free code for just cause 2. The reviews on just cause 3 were bad but they acclaimed just cause 2. So i was hoping to play the better game (just cause 2), however same as with fallout 3 when i enter the code
    it shows it registered just cause 2 to my list but 3 seconds later the input comes back saying something went wrong and I should try again later.

i tried doing it online on the microsoft site : entering the code, but there it also gives the same error message.

I would like to see microsoft fix this as it is otherwise a ripp-off : promising players they get a free game when purchasing a new one but after the fact of paying preventing them from getting the promised free game

pls help me: [mod removed - do not post private email addresses on public forums]

:)

GroovyShrimp9, Oct 9, 2016
  2. HAL0GAMe3R
    HAL0GAMe3R Guest
    missing codes

I cant seem to find my code for fallout 3 or just cause 2. i completed booth of the required preordrers for the promos of each game(fallout 4, just cause 3)

HAL0GAMe3R, Oct 9, 2016
  3. DEEDSY218
    DEEDSY218 Guest
    I haven't received my codes for Fallout 4 anfld Just Cause 2

11 days ago I purchased Just Cause 3 and Fallout 4 but I haven't received my codes for Fallout 3 or Just Cause 2. Please help

DEEDSY218, Oct 9, 2016
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Firstly please do not provide personal information such as E-mail addresses on an open forum.

When you purchased the games can you confirm they were new and still sealed games?

gds1972, Oct 9, 2016
  5. This isn't a rip-off. The code for Fallout 3 expired in February this year. I don't know when the code for Just Cause 2 expired, but presumably it has also expired now too. These codes do not last forever.

Sorry about that.

Obsessive Power, Oct 9, 2016
  6. WHAT !! Expired ?

I bought the games NEW = SEALED from a shop and the shopkeeper told me this game was included

Now that I have opened the seal they of course won't take the games back and refund me

So the fault lies with microsoft for not providing clear info on the cover that the code was expired / not telling shopkeepers that + misleading people by not taking all the (older) new games back that feature a cover with a free game included and re-releasing
    them with a new cover not showing the free game.

Also Just cause 3 was just released here in Belgium so the code could not have been expired.

So it is microsoft who should refund me at least part of my money 2 x 15,00 € so that I can buy those Xbox 360 games (again) which should have been included in the first place

GroovyShrimp9, Oct 10, 2016
  7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    The codes are not expired. The offers to receive the codes for purchased those games digitally ended, but the codes themselves have not expired.

Do you get an error code with the error message? Is your account set to Belgium as well? Most of the time, the issue with these codes has been region related. The games are region locked so if your account region doesn't match your physical location, it
    will stop you from downloading the games.

Smwutches, Oct 10, 2016
  8. free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work

on the microsoft website I got an error code, can i post this here ?

how do i check whether my account is set to Belgium ? My profile is set to Belgium but I believe the xbox took england for account because I set the language to english. Is there a way to change that ?

also on another topic last Monday I got my visa bill and it stated that microsoft took 59,99 € from my PayPal account. However I did not receive any confirmation in my Hotmail of any purchase. It seems the only explanation given on the visa bill is 'paypal
    microsoft xbox' and invoice Z10EQHA9DV7D. Obviously I immediately protested with PayPal as no details / explanation was given. Do you happen to know whether this is for the yearly xbox gold membership ? Otherwise I have no idea for what this could be as the
    amount was deducted at a time i was at work and my kids at school....

GroovyShrimp9, Oct 10, 2016
  9. You now have location, language, region and keyboard to select for your profile - system update not long ago.

There are less regions than countries as I recall.

I have Just Cause 3, and the JC2 code says nothing about expire at or so.

Instruction on card say:

After the code have been activated on your 360 console OR online xbox.com/redeemcode - sign in the the same xbox account with your Xbox One console.

Then on Games&Apps ->Games->Ready to install - there should be an icon to install it.

So as I understand that - you can activate on 360 if you have that, or just redeem the code separately - and get access to download on X1.

And card says code could only be used once - so important it was not a used game. Retailers may reseal used games in a shop and code might be used before.

Personally I find JC3 better than JC2, but I enjoy both but play JC2 on 360 only.

In your profile you should be able to set Account region and stuff on All Settings -> System -> Language & Location.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 11, 2016
  10. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You can post the error code here. That will help narrow down the issue. Just don't post the game codes.

You can check your account region at
    http://commerce.microsoft.com
    That is also the billing site so it will show what that transaction was for.The language setting would be deifferent from your actual account setting.

Smwutches, Oct 11, 2016
  11. very weird : when i clicked on your link //commerce.... it is all in dutch and states I did not make any purchases the last 6 months, whereas I did buy things online on xbox store ??

so is the account from xbox one not linked / seperate to the microsoft account ?

I am really confused here

At least I hope that foremost someone from microsoft can explain to me if the deduction of 59,99 € was a mistake or what it was for ?

Also I'll try not to forget to post the error code for the free xbox 360 games

GroovyShrimp9, Oct 11, 2016
  12. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    It should be linked, but if it's not showing anything at all you can contact support directly and speak to billing to make sure everything is correct.
    support.xbox.com/contact-us

Smwutches, Oct 11, 2016
  13. free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work

ok i checked my xbox last night and think i discovered the problem:

when i got my xbox i made an account in english with as my account name my old name from my PS3 (thinking players will recognise me then on my new system) and my gmail not hotmail address and set location to UK but without a street and city

i added a PayPal account for purchases

but now it seems i have a(nother) microsoft account with my Hotmail address and with location in Belgium to which i added same PayPal

purchases of xbox one games and the gold membership made on the xbox gave no problem

i only seem to have a problem with redeeming xbox 360 codes or even buying xbox 360 games from the store

it gives a problem with payment and then when i get redirected from xbox store to microsoft account it seems blocked as the region is uk and i am unable to choose another. On the support site i checked and they said changing location in an account will not
    solve this problem

so how can I solve this problem that i also want to buy xbox 360 games in the store ?

PS also noted the 59,99 € problem solved : was indeed the renewal of the gold membership as i saw in my transaction history on the xbox

GroovyShrimp9, Oct 12, 2016
  14. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You may have to try contacting support for that one. That one is kind of an odd issue and I'm not sure how to fix that. One thing you could try is redeeming through the website instead of the co sole and make sure the region on the website is set for Belgium
    in the bottom lett corner of the page. I'm not 100% sure that will work though.

Smwutches, Nov 2, 2018
  15. GroovyShrimp9 Win User

ok i checked my xbox last night and think i discovered the problem:

when i got my xbox i made an account in english with as my account name my old name from my PS3 (thinking players will recognise me then on my new system) and my gmail not hotmail address and set location to UK but without a street and city

i added a PayPal account for purchases

but now it seems i have a(nother) microsoft account with my Hotmail address and with location in Belgium to which i added same PayPal

purchases of xbox one games and the gold membership made on the xbox gave no problem

i only seem to have a problem with redeeming xbox 360 codes or even buying xbox 360 games from the store

it gives a problem with payment and then when i get redirected from xbox store to microsoft account it seems blocked as the region is uk and i am unable to choose another. On the support site i checked and they said changing location in an account will not
    solve this problem

so how can I solve this problem that i also want to buy xbox 360 games in the store ?

PS also noted the 59,99 € problem solved : was indeed the renewal of the gold membership as i saw in my transaction history on the xbox
  16. Smwutches Win User

It should be linked, but if it's not showing anything at all you can contact support directly and speak to billing to make sure everything is correct.
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
  17. Smwutches Win User

You can post the error code here. That will help narrow down the issue. Just don't post the game codes.

You can check your account region at
    http://commerce.microsoft.com
    That is also the billing site so it will show what that transaction was for.The language setting would be deifferent from your actual account setting.
  18. Obsessive Power Win User

This isn't a rip-off. The code for Fallout 3 expired in February this year. I don't know when the code for Just Cause 2 expired, but presumably it has also expired now too. These codes do not last forever.

Sorry about that.
  19. Smwutches Win User

You may have to try contacting support for that one. That one is kind of an odd issue and I'm not sure how to fix that. One thing you could try is redeeming through the website instead of the co sole and make sure the region on the website is set for Belgium
    in the bottom lett corner of the page. I'm not 100% sure that will work though.
Thema:

1. free game codes just cause 2 + fallout 3 do not work - Similar Threads - free game codes

2. I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...: I redeemed the code yesterday and I got the points for the website, but I haven't gotten the free game pass. What do I do. 8a09deba-3842-4db6-961d-edbc5900897f
  3. Issue with free Game Pass Code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with free Game Pass Code: Hello, I put in my free Code from Game Pass to get 14000 Lucci in „Kartrider: Drift“ and when I got into the game I didn‘t get my coins 0a940f6f-a950-4a76-a8e4-e87f77f55dc9
  4. does discord nitro ( 1 month 9.99$) comes with a free xbox game pass code for my league...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    does discord nitro ( 1 month 9.99$) comes with a free xbox game pass code for my league...: hello, i wanted to ask you if there is a free 2 months xbox gift code with discord 1 month 9.99$ nitro because i dont see it in the gifts inventory ? and i want to get these 2 months for my lol...
  5. Crunchyroll Free Xbox Game Pass code not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Crunchyroll Free Xbox Game Pass code not working.: I have crunchyroll premium and due to something going on I got 3 months for free, but when I go to redeem the code it says that it doesn't work or that I am not eligible for some reason but I...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - problem with redeeming 14 days free code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - problem with redeeming 14 days free code: I entered on the Xbox Series S the code I received when I bought the controller (14 day free xbox game pass ultimate). I selected the option without renewing my subscription (without adding...
  7. How do I check the free Minecraft game code still works?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I check the free Minecraft game code still works?: Hey, I'm selling my Xbox One S which came with Minecraft, I still have the code etc. to upload the game, however now I have reset my whole Xbox I can't remember if I redeemed this game on my...
  8. Where to find the free game(s) after entering the code on a Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where to find the free game(s) after entering the code on a Xbox One: I purchased a new game, Gears of War 4 which came with codes to download free Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3 & Gears of War Judgment. I started the disk install for Gears of War 4...
  9. 3 free month game pass code on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    3 free month game pass code on windows: I can't activate my Xbox game pass Code I have receive with my new AMD processor. a4ca1d5d-4b30-497c-ba15-2cc0675c1805
  10. Game Pass says my storage is full, but i have 175Gb of free space (Error Code 0x80073cf4)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass says my storage is full, but i have 175Gb of free space (Error Code 0x80073cf4): The title says it all really. I'm trying to install Sea of Thieves, which is only 42Gb, and the drive i'm trying to install to has 175Gb of free space. The download is currently stuck at 16%,...