Fraud charges on unknown mirosoft account.

Discus and support Fraud charges on unknown mirosoft account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I somehow had my credit card number stolen a year ago. Several charges were made to XBOX live, even during the night that we were reporting it to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertSpendlove, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Fraud charges on unknown mirosoft account.

I somehow had my credit card number stolen a year ago. Several charges were made to XBOX live, even during the night that we were reporting it to the bank. The bank stopped them, issued a new card, and we figured everything would be fine.

The charges came back.

Through three more new card numbers! We didn't use the card for ANYTHING during the last two card numbers. But this time that we reported the fraud... we were told that VISA (Mastercard might also) has an agreement with Microsoft to send the new card
    number to Microsoft each time it's updated, in order to avoid an interruption in service.

So.... closing the card number and issuing a new number do absolutely NOTHIING to stop the fraud.

It gets worse.

I can't eliminate the card from a Microsoft account that I don't own, and I don't even know the email associated with it.

I can't block usage of the card by Microsoft through the bank, unless it's for recurring charges. Right now Microsoft cannot charge my account for $21.97. $21.98 is fine, as is $21.96. Just for the 9,999 different values under $100.00, that leaves
    9,998 other amounts that can be charged.

It's my oldest account, so I don't want to just close it, it would negatively affect my credit rating and I'm working on refinancing my home.

I don't know why Microsoft can't simply remove the card from an account. It wouldn't be a horrible inconvenience if a legitimate cardholder just had to re-enter the card information.

I don't know why a vendor cannot be blocked outright.

I don't know why either entity doesn't seem concerned about this, and how easily it can be stopped. I cannot be the first one to have this happen.

Anyone else have similar experience?

:)

RobertSpendlove, Sep 15, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Fraud charges on unknown mirosoft account.