Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X)

Discus and support Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I am using a Fanatec CSL DD wheel base with Mclaren GT3 V2. I can nevigate in the console main page. However, D-pad stuck on "UP" when I am in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SiboLi, Oct 18, 2023.

1. SiboLi
    SiboLi Guest

Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X)

Hi

I am using a Fanatec CSL DD wheel base with Mclaren GT3 V2. I can nevigate in the console main page. However, D-pad stuck on "UP" when I am in game. With the wheel base contected, the D-pad is stuck with a XBOX controler as well. I can only nevigate when unplug the wheel base.

I tried another wheel (CSL wheel WRC), same issue. I also tried to use the wheels in other racing games like dirt and Forza Horizon, the wheel works perfectly. It looks like an issue exclusively on Forza Motorsport.

I've been searching for a solution, but I cannot find anything similar. Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

:)

SiboLi, Oct 18, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi SiboLi,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your Fanatec CSL DD wheel to play Forza Motorsport game. You may check this support article that I found on Forza support page this is about the Support Wheels and devices.

You may check this support article for more information: FH5: Supported Wheels and Devices – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Also you can direct contact the Forza motorsport team or the manufacturer of your steering wheel for further assistance with it.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Make sure the wheel is updated

Otherwise you need to call fanatec support
  4. EZT Coot Win User

MS steering wheel

I am also waiting for information concerning the compatability of the Fanatec wheel systems with the new Xbox One. The Forza franchise, in my opinion, is superior to any other driving sim in the console arena. It would be a major disappointment not to
    be able to experience the Xbox One / Forza 5 combo for lack of wheel compatability. Hopefully, a resolution can be forthcoming to allow the many current users of the Fanatec wheel controllers to experience this new world of Forza Motorsport. The cost of a
    new wheel system at the level of the present Fanatec products, added to the price of the Xbox One would, in most of our situations, be prohibitive.
  5. Froma-1A895F80-911B- Win User

Forza-branded Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Racing Wheels

6. Sodangidni Win User

what steering wheels are compatible with FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 STANDARD EDITION XBOX ONE/PC (UK)?

Hello, David1973GO. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Officially, Forza Motorsport 7 is compatible with the following wheels:

“Fanatec Clubsport V1
    • Fanatec P1 Xbox

Fanatec Clubsport V2
    • Fanatec P1 Xbox

Fanatec Clubsport V2.5
    • Universal HUB
    • BMW GT2
    • Formula Rim
    • Porsche 918 rim
    • Mclaren GT3

Fanatec CSL E XBOX
    • Fanatec P1 Xbox

Fanatec CSL E PS4
    • Fanatec P1 PS4

Fanatec CSR wheel
    Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 and GT3wheel
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V1, V2, V3
    Fanatec CSL Pedals
    Fanatec Shifter SQ 1.5
    Fanatec Handbrake 1.5

Logitech DrivingForce GT
    Logitech DrivingForce Pro
    Logitech G25
    Logitech G27
    Logitech G29
    Logitech G920
    Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel

MadCatz Pro
    MadCatz

Thrustmaster TS-XW
    Thrustmaster 458 Spider
    Thrustmaster T150
    Thrustmaster T300RS
    Thrustmaster TMX
    Thrustmaster TS-PC
    Thrustmaster TX
    • 458 Edition
    • Leather Edition
    • 599XX
    • F1
    • GTE

Note: If you have a Thrustmaster TX wheel, it will default to the 458 Edition, the first in the list, because all Thrustmaster TX wheels use the same vendor product identifier (VIDPID). Make sure you select the model that you have to ensure the button mappings are correct.

Thrustmaster RGT
    Thrustmaster T500 RS
    Thrustmaster TH8A
    Thrustmaster Sequential Shifter/Handbrake
    Thrustmaster pedals T3PA and T3PA pro”

Reference link:
    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360012861493-Supported-Wheels-and-Devices

If you play on PC, make sure to install your wheel drivers and be on the latest wheel firmware, if available.

To avoid issues, connect the wheel and test it before opening Forza Motorsport 7.

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I'll remain attentive to any other one you may have.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

1. Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X) - Similar Threads - Forza Motorsport pad

2. Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...: My son got an xbox one for his birthday. An uncle emailed him a game code for Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition that same day. We entered the game code not knowing that this game is not compatible...
  3. Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...: I wanted to switch from Forza 4 to Forza Motorsports, but it broke my audio. I play with a wheel, but also plug in a controller (using a USB cable) to access the audio (there's no other audio-out...
  4. Xbox for PC keeps installing Forza Motorsport even tho i've deleted it about a thousand...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox for PC keeps installing Forza Motorsport even tho i've deleted it about a thousand...: Every so often the xbox app will install Forza Motorsport completely on its own and every time I delete it, a couple of hours later it will be back like it never left. I've uninstalled gaming...
  5. Forza motorsport

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza motorsport: I would like to know when are the people that make forza motorsport are going to stop lying to people and think about making a game thats works consistently and is some what a sim racing game! AS...
  6. Forza Motorsport-Corvette C8 Request

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Motorsport-Corvette C8 Request: Please add the HUD to all C8 Vettes. I have a 2021 Corvette and it has a HUD and the Forza Motorsport is saddly missing it in the C8 models (Z06 and base model). submitted by /u/Ok-Resource-3961...
  7. Forza horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport: Just downloaded from xbox store both of these games and both same error just after start. Tried to google search but no luck :( Windows 11, Intel core i5 11th gen. and Nvidia GTX 1650TI Faulting...
  8. Will the Thrustmaster T128 Racing Wheel For Xbox & PC work with Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Thrustmaster T128 Racing Wheel For Xbox & PC work with Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC?: Will the Thrustmaster T128 Racing Wheel For Xbox & PC work with Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC? bfce1ddb-0f21-424c-98ef-641fc7f9ddde
  9. what steering wheels are compatible with FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 STANDARD EDITION XBOX ONE/PC (UK)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what steering wheels are compatible with FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 STANDARD EDITION XBOX ONE/PC (UK)?: What steering wheels are compatible with FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 STANDARD EDITION XBOX ONE/PC (UK)? In my options there is no option wheel option showing? Do I need to connect my wheel first in order...
  10. My forza motorsport wont run

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My forza motorsport wont run: hi so my forza motorsport was working and now all of the sudden when i try to run the game it shows loading for maybe 30seconds then just disappears like i never tried to open and i already...