Forza Motorsport crashes on launch from PC Gamepass with Error Code 0xc0000409

Discus and support Forza Motorsport crashes on launch from PC Gamepass with Error Code 0xc0000409 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I have never been able to launch FM from the xbox app on PC. I have done the following to try and resolve this: Updated all windows updates.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FraserC01, Oct 14, 2023.

1. FraserC01
    FraserC01 Guest

Forza Motorsport crashes on launch from PC Gamepass with Error Code 0xc0000409 [​IMG]

I have never been able to launch FM from the xbox app on PC. I have done the following to try and resolve this:

1. Updated all windows updates.
    2. Updated all graphics drivers
    3. Updated microsoft store and xbox app.
    4. Reset store and xbox app
    5. Run repair on store and xbox app
    6. Run repair files on Forza Motorsport (FM)
    7. Uninstalled and re-installed FM (multiple times at various stages)
    8. Scanned system files with SFC
    9. Ran a hard drive scan
    10. Turned off firewalls/allowed FM through the windows firewall
    11. Tried running game in compatibility mode
    12. Tried running game as administrator
    13. Done a clean boot and tried running the game.
    14. Deleted all XBL credentials from the credential manager

:)

FraserC01, Oct 14, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Since you have exhausted so many troubleshooting tips without any success, can you try reset your PC. Resetting your PC lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's performance, security, browsing experience, and battery life.

For more details on how to give your PC a fresh start, kindly visit: https://support.microsoft.com/windo...sh-start-0ef73740-b927-549b-b7c9-e6f2b48d275e

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. Machinomancr Win User

FH5 CTD Error 0xc000001d

Did all that. However upon contacting Forza Support They keep on sending me here.

"Hello,

For troubleshooting tips on game crashes or failure to launch, please see our article here: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007593074-My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

If you are crashing and receive no error or windows pop up directly from the game, please use this guide to diagnose your PCs issue for the Crash event that may be occurring,

Open Event Viewer by pressing the Windows key and type "Event Viewer"
    Click on the "Windows Logs" folder
    Click on "Application"
    Click on the "Date and Time" column to sort and look for "Application Error" around the date/time your crash happened.
    After you find the Application Error for the game, you will notice "Information" on the right.
    In this tab there will be a ton of information listed. Please check the error code to see if you have anything related to these examples below

Examples of Coded issues:
    0xc0000005
    0xc000001d
    0xc0000409
    0xe06d7363
    0xc0000374
    0xc00000fd
    0x80000003
    0xc0000096
    0xc0000094
    0xc0000006

If you are seeing codes close to or exactly these codes, please report these codes to Official Windows support as they will be able to diagnose and resolve these issues for you,

WINDOWS: https://support.microsoft.com"
  4. Kathy A. Win User

How do I launch Forza Motorsport on Pc after Update 3.0

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you are unable to launch Forza Motorsport after an update. There is a list of troubleshooting that you can try to perform below. Before that, please let us know details about your concern:

• May we know if Forza Motorsport is installed from Xbox app?

If you are experiencing issues launching Forza Motorsport on PC after the 3.0 update, there are a few things you can try:

1. Restart your PC and try launching the game again.

2. Check to see if there are any pending updates for the game in the Microsoft Store app.

3. Try resetting the game by going to Settings > Apps > Forza Motorsport > Advanced Options > Reset.

4. If none of the above steps work, you can try performing the steps from this link: My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

5. Try installing other games to see if issue persists to all games.

6. Lastly, you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

We look forward to your response.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. 6Dose6 G Win User

Forza Motorsport 2023 keeps crashing

Forza motorsport unplayable on series s, Darktide unplayable on series s, starfield unplayable on series, Gotham knights unplayable on series s... All these day one release from gamepass crash with in a couple mins and are unplayable please fix.
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Game pass not saving progress...

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Forza Horizon 5 crashing and losing your progress. That is definitely frustrating. Was this on PC or an Xbox console?

You can check the Forza Horizon support article which offers steps you can take, including submitting a ticket. I've lost all my progress, what do I do? – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Additional Support articles:

My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Forza Horizon 5 – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Games & apps | Xbox Support

For Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon forums and community support, visit:

Forza Motorsport forums
Thema:

1. Forza Motorsport crashes on launch from PC Gamepass with Error Code 0xc0000409 - Similar Threads - Forza Motorsport crashes

2. forza motorsport crashing at startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza motorsport crashing at startup.: whenever i launch forza motorsport, there is a screen of text. After that screen of text, the game crashes and just disappears. I have done all the guides everything. I have not overclocked...
  3. Forza Motorsport Crashing After Second Splash Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport Crashing After Second Splash Screen: Hi Everyone, I am trying to play Forza Motorsport via Gamepass on PC. I have been playing it since release with no issues but now all of a sudden it keeps crashing and I get errors. Sometimes I...
  4. Forza Motorsport crashing on my series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport crashing on my series x: Forza Motorsport crashing on my series x just after the title bit with the headlights im on the latest version, also rebooted console twice, I have deleted and re installed the game twice and it’s...
  5. Forza Motorsport 8, crash on startup 0xc0000005 (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 8, crash on startup 0xc0000005 (Windows 11): The game always crashes on startup. I solved it momentarily by reinstalling Windows, but the problem came back and I am not willing to reset my pc every time I wanna play this game. Here's the...
  6. Why does Forza Motorsport 2023 keep crashing when I cross the finishing line?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Forza Motorsport 2023 keep crashing when I cross the finishing line?: Hi, Since I've gotten Forza Motorsport I kept on running in to the same issue every once in a while, where as soon as I'd cross the finishing line on the last lap the game would completely...
  7. Forza motorsport crashes when upgrading after career race.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza motorsport crashes when upgrading after career race.: Most times when upgrading car following career race, game does infinite spinning spokes. Forcing you to quit to dash and restart game. Then have to do same race over again. This happens most times...
  8. forza Motorsport crashes every time after race n update the car

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza Motorsport crashes every time after race n update the car: Forza Motorsport crashes every time after race n update car. So long in development, so expensive, such a disappointment to be quite fair n honest!!!! Playing on Xbox series X, I mean, what the F...
  9. Forza Motorsport Crashing on Startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport Crashing on Startup: Game crashes at the same point every time I launch the game. It crashes straight after the screen of text. I have followed multiple guides, closed down any apps that might conflict, updated...
  10. Forza Motorsport 2023 keeps crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Motorsport 2023 keeps crashing: Hello! I was playing Forza Motorsport 2023 on my Windows 10 PC. Minutes later, the game crashed. Once I restarted Forza Motorsport 2023, after I kept playing for minutes, the game crashed. After I...