Forza Horizon 5 WON'T install to Disk D (Internal HDD)

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 WON'T install to Disk D (Internal HDD) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I keep trying to install Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox PC app, however it doesn't give me the option to install this particular (and some other) games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Crashed_PC, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Crashed_PC
    Crashed_PC Guest

I keep trying to install Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox PC app, however it doesn't give me the option to install this particular (and some other) games onto my internal HDD (disk D). It will, however, install to my lower-capacity SDD (disk C), which I do not wish to do, as it will considerably slow down my SDD. I have looked wasted time on finding solutions, but to no avail. Strangely, some games WILL install to my preferred disk (D), however I am met with this error code: 0x80242020, for which I cannot find a single working solution. Any help is appreciated.

Space on SSD (Maximum capacity) = 256GB

Space on SSD (Currently) = 170GB (Approx.)

Space on HDD = 900GB (Approx.)

( If important, I am met with the error code 0x80073d0d when moving files to disk D, and Settings does not recognise Disk D in storage Settings )

I have tried many solutions and before you ask (this still will probably happen), I HAVE formatted it to NTFS! (lol)

TL;DR: I can't install FH5, or other games because error codes. "Fixes" don't fix it. I need help.

:)

Crashed_PC, Feb 22, 2022
  2. Crashed_PC Win User

Thank you so much, I would have probably spent the rest of my life looking up these temporary "fixes". I just downloaded the game onto Disk C for the meantime and it's running, which is really helpful (lol).

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond!
  3. Crashed_PC Win User

Hello there! I have a question for you: do you happen to be on Windows 11, by any chance?

Edit: And does this happen when you try to install any other games aside from FH5?
    Hello! Thank you for replying.

No, I am not on Windows 11, I am currently using Windows 10.

Yes, most games on the Xbox PC app run into the same problem.
  4. XBF - Amory Win User

No worries, happy to help!
  5. XBF - Amory Win User

Hello there! I have a question for you: do you happen to be on Windows 11, by any chance?

Edit: And does this happen when you try to install any other games aside from FH5?
  6. XBF - Amory Win User

Alrighty, then it sounds familiar for sure. This is a known issue that is being worked on, and at the moment the feature isn't publicly available yet--as in, I'm sure you have access to it as part of the Xbox on PC Insiders program, which by the way: thanks much. 🥳

As of a couple of days ago, there was an update released to the Insiders that fixed a few things, and states that some known issues are still being tracked. So definitely check that out and make sure you update your application. Also, when you run into trouble like this on the Insider's release of apps, we really truly duly need you to submit those bug reports from inside the Xbox app.

I hope this helps clarify!
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 WON'T install to Disk D (Internal HDD) - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon WON'T

2. Forza horizon won't work online? Weird issues in game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon won't work online? Weird issues in game?: Purchased an Xbox Xseries for Christmas. It was the for,a horizon edition. I also purchased a 3 month xbox gold card which I've read has actually been rebranded as "core pass"? Or something like...
  3. Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?: I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it won't even open, giving me an error and...
  4. My series X won't recognize Forza Horizon 3 or Transformers Devastation both have perfect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X won't recognize Forza Horizon 3 or Transformers Devastation both have perfect...: Both discs are perfect I'm the only owner and they work one my Xbox one no issue. But put them in the series X and I get nothing at all. Please help! 32e7c5ab-f975-43db-84cc-af08c862bd71
  5. Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?: Cant log into Forza Horizon 5. 0da386f2-07be-45a1-98d7-63de8e39c93e
  6. Forza Horizon 5 won't start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't start.: I have GamePass Ultimate. I have it on the main C drive, SSD. I press play on the XBOX app, nothing happens. I have it run on administrator on Windows 7 compatibility mode (and have tried Windows...
  7. Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update: Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update 53aa9a15-004c-420e-a9e7-a9ab3ffa0735
  8. Forza Horizon 5 won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't load: enever I select the game, it starts to load fine, but when it gets to the PG logo intro it freezes and after a while the screen goes blank and then after another minute it goes to the main video...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 won't boot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't boot: I have tried almost anything and am willing to do whatever at this point. I have been trying for 4 to 5 months to play forza again, it works with cloud gaming, but when I boot it on my PC I get...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 won't launch.

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 5 won't launch.: Hello I have bought FH5 a few days ago but it does not launch in any possible way, I have already tried uninstalling and following the common help article. My pc is also well capable of running...