Forza Horizon 5 Save File Replaced with one with 0 progress

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 Save File Replaced with one with 0 progress in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Had a good save file, then booting a fresh install on a laptop it started a new game for whatever reason, and it seems it wrote that save to the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joseph McLoughlin, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Forza Horizon 5 Save File Replaced with one with 0 progress

Had a good save file, then booting a fresh install on a laptop it started a new game for whatever reason, and it seems it wrote that save to the Xbox cloud. Even on Xbox where the game had the old save, it synced and I cannot find a way back to restore that old cloud save.

Please help I’ve spent wayyyy too long to lose all my experience and cars

:)

Joseph McLoughlin, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hi, Joseph. Hope you're having a good day.

As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft support is not able to retrieve or look for older saves or a history of your saved progress for games.

Thanks for your attention,

Arturo.
  3. Joseph McLoughlin Win User

Ok, the save I believe was overwritten yesterday sometime. Is there a way on your Xbox support end to see previous saves, just because it was so recent?
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Joseph M. I’m Arturo.

I’m sorry to hear your progress in Forza Horizon 5 has been lost, however, I’ll be glad to provide guidance with your inquiry today.

Actually, for this specific issue, the Forza support is able to assist with this.

However, as they informed in the article that I am going to share below:

“We will not be able to return any lost progress or return your old save. We will produce a 1:1 match to your inventory for Forza Horizon players.

Unfortunately, we will NOT be able to return any Forzathon Points, Skill Points, Level, Experience, Tokens, or Progress”.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/articles/360005306553-I-ve-lost-all-my-progress-what-do-I-do-

In case you want to proceed with your restore request, it is necessary for you to perform some of the steps they indicate in this same article.

Thanks for taking the time to read me,

Arturo.
  5. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

How can I get my save data back

Hi Jojohd3, my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss of progress in Forza Horizon 5. It appears your save data has been lost or corrupted.

There are a few things you can try to regain your progress:

Check if you have a backup of your saved data. If you saved your save data to a cloud storage service, such as OneDrive or Xbox Cloud Gaming, you can try to restore it.

Try syncing your saved data with the cloud. Forza Horizon 5 saves save data to the cloud automatically, but there may be an issue with syncing. To try syncing your saved data, open the Settings app on your Xbox and follow these steps:

1. Select Games & apps.
    2. Select Games.
    3. Select Forza Horizon 5.
    4. Select Options.
    5. Select Sync Saved Data.

If you've tried all of these steps and still can't recover your progress, you can contact Forza Horizon 5 support for help.

Here are some tips to help you regain your progress:

1. Be patient. The troubleshooting process may take some time.

2. Be persistent. Don't give up if you don't get an immediate response.

3. Provide as much information as you can. This will help support investigate your issue.

I hope this helps you regain your progress in Forza Horizon 5.
    Jose
  6. CarTzy Win User

Forza Horizon 5 - Installation problems

Hello Mat81,

You cannot use the files of Forza Motorsport 7 with Forza Horizon 5. These are two different games with different file formats and structures. If you try to copy or transfer the files, you may encounter errors or damage your game data. The only way to play Forza Horizon 5 with your Forza Motorsport 7 progress is to buy the game and start a new save file.

But you can use the files of Forza Horizon 5 from one PC to another PC, but there are some conditions. First, you need to have the same Microsoft account on both PCs and sign in with it. Second, you need to have enough storage space on the second PC to copy or download the files. Third, you need to have a stable internet connection on both PCs to sync your progress and achievements. If you meet these conditions, you can use the files of Forza Horizon 5 from one PC to another PC without any difference in gameplay or performance.

You may try to disable any antivirus programs, firewalls, VPNs, or other software that may interfere with the download.

Perform SFC Scan to fix corrupted or missing files.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 Save File Replaced with one with 0 progress - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Save

2. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  3. Forza horizon 1 save data deleting issues

in XboX Insiders
    Forza horizon 1 save data deleting issues: I want to delete my save to start over on forza horizon 1 but when I delete it I don't have the option to delete all data. I didn't have an issue with this on my Xbox 1 but since I upgraded to the...
  4. How do I get back my saved game data for Forza horizon 4 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get back my saved game data for Forza horizon 4 PC?: Hello, I have recently bought a new PC and installed WIN 11. On my previous PC I had WIN10. So I signed into windows store to get fresh new installation of FH4. I installed every DLC and started...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 Lost save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Lost save: I haven't played Forza Horizon 4 for quite some time (over a year). I wanted to play again yesterday but when I logged into my account I noticed all progress was gone. Is there a way I can recover...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 Account save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Account save: I have been playing FH5 on xbox for a very long time and have many hours on my account, one day when logging on from my PC (i have also been playing forza on PC on the same account for a few...
  7. I lost my save game Forza horizon 4

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my save game Forza horizon 4: I was playing Forza Horizon 4 on Series X. Then, I opened my Series S account on another console, but I don't know why it started from the beginning, and then it starts again on Series X as well?...
  8. I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...: I had a cloud save for Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox Series X that I have been playing on since the game launched. Yesterday, I decided to download the Xbox App on PC and download Forza Horizon 5...
  9. Save Data Not Syncing With Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save Data Not Syncing With Forza Horizon 5: Hoping someone here can help. I started Forza Horizon 5 yesterday for the very first time and played a few hours. I earned a few achievements. I didn’t see a place to save progress, so everyone...
  10. So i downloaded forza horizon 4 and į dont have save folder plz help cuz į want to reset my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So i downloaded forza horizon 4 and į dont have save folder plz help cuz į want to reset my...: Help į dont have save folder ef0fcb69-c07a-47d7-abb9-46eabd7a7aa4