Forza Horizon 5 Rally update failing

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 Rally update failing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to install Forza horison 5, but is failing in the Rally expansion update with error 0x80070003. I'm running a freshly updated W11... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IgnacioGarcia Alfranca, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Forza Horizon 5 Rally update failing

Hello

I'm trying to install Forza horison 5, but is failing in the Rally expansion update with error 0x80070003.

I'm running a freshly updated W11 installation, and have tried almost every solution found in internet.

:)

IgnacioGarcia Alfranca, Jul 7, 2023
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Forza 5 rally adventure

Hello,

As confirmed in the official Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure FAQ

Q: When is the release date for Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure?

A: Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure will release on March 29, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. PDT.

So the exact time it would be available for you would depend on what part of Australia you’re in (as the time zones there vary slightly with three different ones), but as Daft Badger pointed out, it should be early morning on the 30th March. The rally expansion map is viewable if you have the add-on installed, but you can’t access/play any of it until it’s released in your country.

You may also want to read through the release notes for update 19:

FH5 Release Notes: March 28th, 2023

Hope this helps.
  3. IgnacioGarcia Alfran Win User

Hello

I've tried reinstalling the game, reset the windows store, xobx app and gaming services app.

I'll test your suggestions as soon as i can.

I was also having the issue on W10, which is what made me move to W11
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, may I know the specific steps you have done so far on fixing the issue?

An Independent Advisor Kevin posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

(Please skip the parts if you have done them already)

"This issue may occur if there’s something wrong with Windows Update components. If Windows Update components corrupted, Windows Update may not work properly. In this case, try resetting Windows Update components. Here is how to do it:

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type cmd and press Ctrl, Shift and Enter at the same time to run Command Prompt as administrator. You’ll be prompted for permission. Click Yes to open Command Prompt.

2) In Command Prompt, type the command lines below and press Enter on your keyboard after typing each:

net stop bits

net stop wuauserv

net stop appidsvc

net stop cryptsvc

The Windows Update-related system services will be stopped after executing the command lines above.

3) In Command Prompt, type the following command lines and press Enter after typing each:

ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old

You will rename the SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folder as SoftwareDistribution.old and catroot2.old after you run these two command lines. These two folders are used by Windows Update to save temporary update files.

By renaming these two folders, Windows will think these two folders are missing, and Windows will create new ones to store Windows update files. By doing that, you can avoid many Windows Update issues caused by the old corrupted temporary files in these two folders.

4) In Command Prompt, type the following command lines and press Enter after each:

net start bits

net start wuauserv

net start appidsvc

net start cryptsvc

After you execute the command lines above, you start the Windows Update-related system services.

If in case it didn't work try to update it using the website and check if it will push thru:"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

It may be possible that some of the Windows components were corrupted during your Windows 11 update. I would highly recommend you check these troubleshooting steps to see if they will fix the issue.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Please take your time and let's hope for the best!
  6. Mister BuzzBee Win User

First Forza Horizon details, screenshots go live.

Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 Rally update failing - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Rally

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 Error: Hey The problem im having with forza is that I would get into forza, and usually players would come up and I would be in horizon life, I see npcs so I come to my pause menu to see im in horizon...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.: Hello I already tried everything thats out on the internet for getting my cloudsafefile back but nothing works. I would like to have a contact from somebody that could help me to get that sorted...
  5. Will the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel work on Forza Horizon 5?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel work on Forza Horizon 5?: I just bought the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel and I downloaded Forza Horizon 5. I do not have my wheel yet but I have been doing research and cant find anything that says Forza Horizon 5...
  6. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  7. I have lost all of my forza horizon 5 progress. I think its overritten

in XBoX on Windows
    I have lost all of my forza horizon 5 progress. I think its overritten: Today I lost all my FH5 progress i think it has been overitten I play on a xbox series x. b900e3f9-ffb6-4948-938f-3ff603e336a3
  8. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  9. Forza Horizon 5 DLC(hot wheel & rally) not working in game even though I have it downloaded...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 DLC(hot wheel & rally) not working in game even though I have it downloaded...: Developer please fix these problem please 9365fab3-5f55-4410-b1ae-bef7472280f5
  10. Forza Horizon 5 - CTD immediately after launcher goes away, only started after Rally...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 - CTD immediately after launcher goes away, only started after Rally...: After the recent update that occurred for the base Forza Horizon 5 game that coincided with the release of the Rally Expansion, I have been unable to launch the game. This is as far is it gets...