Forza Horizon 5 not starting on Windows 10( xbox launcher/ms-store | error code: 0x12c)

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 not starting on Windows 10( xbox launcher/ms-store | error code: 0x12c) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Forza Horizon 5 is not starting and returns after 1.30min of waiting the error code 0x12c. I purchased the expensive premium edition 2 days ago from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sunil166, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Sunil166
    Sunil166 Guest

Forza Horizon 5 not starting on Windows 10( xbox launcher/ms-store | error code: 0x12c)

Forza Horizon 5 is not starting and returns after 1.30min of waiting the error code 0x12c. I purchased the expensive premium edition 2 days ago from the xbox launcher on windows 10 and support (forza support and microsoft) did not respond to me yet. Other games from the launcher are perfectly running.

Things I tried to resolve this issue:

- clean booting windows 10

-reinstallation (forza as well as xbox launcher)

- disabling antivirus

- Repairing and reseting the application with windows

- verfiing game integrity and game files via xbox game launcher

- starting as administrator

- checking for appropriate vsc++ redistribution and direct x version

- reinstalling grafics card driver

- launching from ms store

UPDATE:

- after resetting and repairing with windows settings, forza tries to download missing files but fails:
    error code 0x80073d05. After that i reinstalled forza entirely and now get the same error (0x12c) as before.

SPECS:
    - Windows 10 Home

- x64-kernel

- AMD ryzen 5 2600

- 16gb DDR4 RAM (3200Mhz)

- Driver: AMDSoftware Adrenaline Edition-Version 23.Q1.1

:)

Sunil166, Jun 26, 2023
  2. Sunil166 Win User

Forza cannot be opened anymore (the error popup window redirects to the ms-store which forza cannot be opened from either), and the xbox launcher won't launch. Microsoft Store looking for updates runs forever.

UPDATE:
    I reinstalled Xbox GameServices and now the game starts again with the error code 0x12c as before
  3. Janet_C Win User

Forza technical support usually takes few days to respond, if you have opened a ticket it is a matter of waiting for a response.

Also you can try to perform a system reset, you can do this while keeping your files.

If you are on Windows 11:

Select Start > Settings > System > Recovery > Reset this PC.

Then make sure you have the option to keep your files enabled.

Keep my files > Change settings > Pre-installed apps On.

If you are on Windows 10:

Select the Start button, then Settings > Update and security > Recovery. Under Restore this PC, select Get Started and then verify that the Keep your files option is active.
  4. Sunil166 Win User

This is very interesting. I checked and only found the following services in the list:
    XboxGipSvc

XblAuthManager

XboxNetApiSvc (Xbox Live Networking Service)

XblGameSave

Microsoft Store InstallService

Gaming Services

I put them on automatic startup. But the rest of the services you mentioned are missing (Game Bar, Xbox TCUI)

UPDATE:

I rebooted my PC and the game returns same error after approx 1:30min
  5. Janet_C Win User

Use the Windows search engine and type "PowerShell", Then run it as administrator.

On the Administrator Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLLHN

In the Windows search bar type "Services".

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services: XblAuth Manager, XblGameSave, XboxGipSvc, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service, Microsoft Store Install Service, GamingServices, Game Bar, Xbox TCUI and any service with "Xbox" in its name.

Right-click on the service (you must do this for each of them) and select Properties .

In the Startup Type section of the "General" tab, make sure it is set to Automatic . If it is not already started, click Start.

Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.

Restart the device and try again.
  6. Janet_C Win User

Open the Registry Editor, locate these paths and delete them

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_LOCAL_MACHINE_SYSTEM_CurrentControlSet\Set\Services\GamingServices

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_LOCAL_MACHINE_CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet

Restart the PC, open the Microsoft store and go to your library, then go to check for updates.

This will cause an application to download, this may take a while.

Once installed, restart the PC again and repeat the process again to check for updates. After this try your download.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 not starting on Windows 10( xbox launcher/ms-store | error code: 0x12c) - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon starting

2. forza horizon 5 does not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 does not start: 1 hour ago I downloaded forza horizon 5 and now I'm trying to open it and it's stuck on the loading screen 2dbe3d73-012f-405b-be28-cdac90d0203d
  3. Can't start Forza Horizon 5 (also all CoDs from battle net) after deleting ..... OneDrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't start Forza Horizon 5 (also all CoDs from battle net) after deleting ..... OneDrive: Soo i uninstalled OneDrive (without knowing what troubles this means) and deleted all the fiiles. OneDrive was actually still on my PC, but the next day i was unable to run FH 5 on Xbox app and...
  4. Forza Horizon doesn't start anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon doesn't start anymore: Hello everybody, I have some troubles with Forza Horizon 5, because it doesn't start anymore. When ever hit the play button in the Xbox App, nothing happens. If I go the game location and try to...
  5. I started Forza Horizon 4 and then I was just lvl 1 and had nothing before that i was like....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I started Forza Horizon 4 and then I was just lvl 1 and had nothing before that i was like....: Can I become my old account again? 0bacd29a-8341-47fd-931c-c194b0d1c87b
  6. Msfs closes automaticly on start up even forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Msfs closes automaticly on start up even forza horizon 5: When I open msfs it just closes,, even forzazaa it does not ask me any questions it just close randomly ant nvidia game bar yet works after it has closed 4de837b7-4a0d-47ed-a715-5f88024fd99e
  7. forza horizon 5 wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 wont start: hello so my fh5 istn starting anymore its just showing me the client window with sync data not even the sync data popup window i tried resetting it deinstalling it changing priorities and also...
  8. My Forza Horizon 5 when click start always stuck loading please wait the crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 5 when click start always stuck loading please wait the crash: 13 days ago, I played the Forza Horizon 5 game normally, but the next day suddenly it can't be played at all until now, I've followed the troubleshooting instructions on YouTube but it still...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 wont't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 wont't start: [img] So i bought the game when it came out and i played it a lot then. But i stopped playing untill about a week ago but when i start it the first loading screen comes up (picture) and then it...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing on start up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing on start up: Hello, so I have a problem with Forza Horizon 4, It crashes, I've checked the Event Viewer thing and this is the thing that it gives me Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version:...