Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Isa lai, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Isa lai
    Isa lai Guest

Hi,

I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play.

- The screen suddenly freeze for around 30 seconds to 1 minute with only the background music when I open the car selection menu. After that sometimes the menu pop up with some thumbnails of cars being blank, and sometime the game just crash
    - The game sometimes freeze or crash when I fast travel or join a solo race event

- The game may keep on loading at the welcome page

After the game crash, my recent game progress will be gone and will have to do the races again.

To try to solve the problem, I have already tried to:
    - Reset the console to factory settings

- Reinstall the game

- Go over the power cycle and clear the cache

- Check that there are at least 35% storage left in the internal storage

I also have Forza Horizon 4 on my console and it does not encounter such a problem. I am desperate in finding a solution for it.

:)

Isa lai, Dec 7, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

No problem. Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Isa. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I understand how frustrating it must be that you are experiencing this problem. So all other games you've tried are working?

In this case I recommend reporting the issue to the Forza Team so they can look into it: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/requests/new

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. sleeps Win User

Forza Horizon 5 crashing during Eliminator session

It's not a Windows update problem but a Forza Horizon 5 problem. The game also crashes for people in Eliminator on an Xbox Series X/S and so on.

All we can do is wait for the developers to fix it.

Yes, it makes Eliminator pretty much unusable. But since there's no known workarounds and it happens on other platforms too, it's up to the developer.
  5. Francia J. Win User

0x803f800b error code. Says need subscription, but we have one

If Xbox Series S digital can play Forza Horizon 4 online it means that there shouldn't be any problem with other games that aren't free and that's okay if we will not set it as Home Xbox. It's just odd that you're getting that error with Forza Horizon 5.

If I may ask, were you able to obtain the game through a game pass or did they purchase it digitally?
  6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Xbox one transfer games to Xbox series S issue

Unfortunately, you can't play the games disc version on the Xbox Series S since it doesn't support physical disc-based media. Otherwise you will need to purchase the digital version of Forza horizon 4 to play it on the Xbox Series S.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon frequently

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 Error: Hey The problem im having with forza is that I would get into forza, and usually players would come up and I would be in horizon life, I see npcs so I come to my pause menu to see im in horizon...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.: Hello I already tried everything thats out on the internet for getting my cloudsafefile back but nothing works. I would like to have a contact from somebody that could help me to get that sorted...
  5. Will the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel work on Forza Horizon 5?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel work on Forza Horizon 5?: I just bought the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel and I downloaded Forza Horizon 5. I do not have my wheel yet but I have been doing research and cant find anything that says Forza Horizon 5...
  6. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  7. I have lost all of my forza horizon 5 progress. I think its overritten

in XBoX on Windows
    I have lost all of my forza horizon 5 progress. I think its overritten: Today I lost all my FH5 progress i think it has been overitten I play on a xbox series x. b900e3f9-ffb6-4948-938f-3ff603e336a3
  8. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  9. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  10. Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923: When i use the steering wheel G923 on Forza Horizon 5 for PC it says that i can use the y button to rewind but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging but it doesn’t work either. It’s...