Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So as the title suggests, my horizon 5 keeps crashing at launch. The exit from the game happens when I login in my xbox account and click "start game"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Александр Маслов1, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck

So as the title suggests, my horizon 5 keeps crashing at launch. The exit from the game happens when I login in my xbox account and click "start game" or "accessibility/settings" button at the game start menu. No error codes or anything, just a game crash.

I would like to point out the following:
    - The game worked well before. I used the same xbox account as now. I just uninstalled the game, installed it again after a while and tried to log in.

- Crashes from the game occur only with my account (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***)
    - When I use a new account, everything is fine, the game starts and everything works well

so, I'm sure something happened to my account, the game refuses to accept it. I don't want to lose my progress, especially since I haven't done anything

Maybe something with my saves? could you help me with recovery or problem solving?

:)

Александр Маслов1, Aug 19, 2023
  2. Александр Win User

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, none of the above helped. :(

Wrote to xbox support. I'm waiting for their answer. Thank you!
  3. Houston Pannell Win User

I FOUND A FIX!!

Open your task manager and underneath “processes” anything that has “RTSS” end that task. That is RivaTuner and FH5 does not like RivaTuner
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Forza Horizon 5 on your Steam Deck. Based on the information you've provided, it seems that the issue may be related to your account or saved data.

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Clear the cache on your Steam Deck by restarting it and then launching the game again.

2. Verify the integrity of the game files on Steam by right-clicking on the game in your library, selecting "Properties," then "Local Files," and finally "Verify Integrity of Game Files."

3. Try signing out of your Xbox account on the game's start menu, then signing back in again.

4. If the issue persists, try deleting your saved data for Forza Horizon 5. You can do this by going to "Settings" on your Steam Deck, selecting "Storage," then "Manage Storage," and finally "Forza Horizon 5." From there, you can delete your saved data.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Xbox Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you recover your saved data.
  5. Grunt Of Death Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Crashing on startup

no steering wheel connected
  6. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Crashing on startup

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with crashing issues on startup with Forza Horizon 5 PC. I will provide the link on how to troubleshoot issues with the game crashing on PC; this pertains to all versions of Forza on PC. Second, are you running the game on Windows 10 or 11?

If you are having trouble launching your game on PC or are experiencing random crashes, Please thoroughly attempt all steps. Please click on this link My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.” Please let me know if any of these steps resolved the issue. Have a great day.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon crashing

2. When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.: When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes. When you get to the end of the mission, it stays there. The same thing always happens when I restart the console. It is important to mention...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module...
  4. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  5. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  7. Forza horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing: Forza horizon 5 crashes on start. I used to have an error code. But I no longer do. It acts like it’s going to load. Then as soon. And the little screen part shows up nothing happens. And it...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S: Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play. - The screen suddenly freeze for...
  9. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  10. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...