Forza Horizon 5 crash on splash screen error 0xc0000005 steam

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 crash on splash screen error 0xc0000005 steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've spend a total of well over 20 hours working on this issue. I've had this issue for many months now, I've played the game through microsoft store,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vampr1c, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Vampr1c
    Vampr1c Guest

I've spend a total of well over 20 hours working on this issue.
    I've had this issue for many months now, I've played the game through microsoft store, and steam.
    The game worked in the past.

I've clean booted my pc and disabled all antivirus and firewall protection
    I have done everything listed by the official Forza Horizon support forum and much more
    Re installed Xbox gaming services, microsoft store, Forza Horizon 5, Xbox, my graphics drivers, direct x, dot net, visual studio, updated windows, optional and all, my drivers too, including backdating my graphics drivers.

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.538.198.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000

Faulting process ID: 0x49ec

Faulting application start time: 0x01d91fee287983dd

Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon5\ForzaHorizon5.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 6877dc6e-864b-4aed-b5a8-698efbd02bf8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

PC
    GTX 1080
    32gb of 2400mhz
    i7 6700
    running game off of 3tb 7600rpm slave HDD

:)

Vampr1c, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Sorry for the late reply

Create a second Microsoft account here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/account-billing/how-to-create-a-new-microsoft-account

Make sure to use a different email address (you can always just create a throwaway gmail account). Once created, sign into this account on your PC..now try launching the MS store version (you may need to sign in to the MS Store with this account too)..it should have either created a gamertag for you or prompt you to create one (I am not entirely sure as I have never created a second account on PC as I created mine on Xbox)
  3. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Vampr1c,

I apologize for the late response.

I see, if you've been prompted to the main page, please sign in your account on Forza for you to be able to submit a request.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Have you tried creating a second account and then playing the game through that account? I only ask as sometimes issues happen on one account but not another....as an example, in FH5, I lose all controller input if I coast (neither on throttle or brake) through corners using my second profile yet never happens on my main profile, despite using same hardware.

It won't solve the issue but it might point to whether it's an account specific issue or an issue the game has with your machine
  5. Vampr1c Win User

I would love to contact them via the link that you attached, however whenever I click on the "Sign in" button it redirects me to the main page. I have tried this on multiple browsers and devices and am unable to find anything online of this issue.
  6. Vampr1c Win User

I would love to try this but could you please tell me how to log into an account before attempting to launch the game? I am not attempting to be passive aggressive I am genuinely asking.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 crash on splash screen error 0xc0000005 steam - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon crash

2. When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.: When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes. When you get to the end of the mission, it stays there. The same thing always happens when I restart the console. It is important to mention...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module...
  4. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  5. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  7. Forza horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing: Forza horizon 5 crashes on start. I used to have an error code. But I no longer do. It acts like it’s going to load. Then as soon. And the little screen part shows up nothing happens. And it...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S: Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play. - The screen suddenly freeze for...
  9. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  10. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...