Forza Horizon 4 | PC | Big frame rate drops on certain scenarios only | November 2019

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 | PC | Big frame rate drops on certain scenarios only | November 2019 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! I just purchased and played Forza Horizon 4 on November 15, 2019. The game performed well and great. No issues. No lag. No frame rate drops.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LexCabanting, Nov 26, 2019.

1. LexCabanting
    LexCabanting Guest

Forza Horizon 4 | PC | Big frame rate drops on certain scenarios only | November 2019

Hello!

I just purchased and played Forza Horizon 4 on November 15, 2019.

The game performed well and great. No issues. No lag. No frame rate drops. Even on the highest settings (Ultra), I had no problem.

Until their recent update on the game for Series 16.

(FPS counts based on Nvidia FPS counter)

Played November 22 and 23:

Game drops to 1fps on the "scoreboard" after the race. (Where it shows the Credits and Influence gained)

Driver's are updated.

November 25, today.

Opening cinematics have no issue, 30fps.

Then intense frame rate drop before the opening menu, 1fps.

Then it turns fine, 60fps.

Upon entering "options", frame rate drops to 1fps.

I've turned Fullscreen ON and OFF, no change, still at 1fps.

I continue to game, 1fps loading screen.

Game loads, I get to drive the car and play the game, NO FPS DROP, 60fps

Pause menu, frame rate drops to 1fps again.

Change car menu, 1fps.

Tuning menu, 1fps.

I haven't tested all but it seems that the all sorts of menus have the problem.

Which makes the game unplayable since a lot of the game has to go through some kind of menu. (Car select, tuning, options before the race, setting a waypoint on the map, to name a few.)

Again, all these happened before the Series 16 update.

Weirdly, it happened "slowly", only affecting the score screen after races a few days ago and now affecting most of the game.

Everything was fine before the update.

Worth noting that this also slows down the rest of the pc. (Alt+Tab on game).

Closing the FH4 game, would solve the PC slow down.

Posted an Unlisted video on Youtube to show the Problem:

https://youtu.be/yTMzb7SK-GQ

Hope you guys can get back to me on this the soonest. The game is great.

-Lex

:)

LexCabanting, Nov 26, 2019
  2. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

3. LexCabanting Win User

UPDATE: Things got worse.

I reinstalled the game, hoping that things would get better.

Rather than having good and normal fps (60fps) on the driving parts of the game, that has dropped to 1fps as well.

So basically, the whole game on all scenarios are now in 1fps.

Also, I looked at Task Manager and saw the FH4 has been using 88% of the CPU.

I compared this to my friend who was also playing, his is at only 50%.

Not sure if that's related but worth noting.

Would really like some help.

Thanks.

-Lex
  4. Zenosos Win User

Crew 2 4K 60??

Just to confirm too forza horizon 4 runs in either 4k30fps or 1080p60fps, it's wether you want higher frame rate or better quality.
  5. Boss 429 POWER Win User

0x80830003 problem.

Forza Horizons 4 and 5 are working great, though Horizon 5's frame rate is a bit wack. the Sims 4 is being tested now, with Uno being next.

meanwhile, i've been listening to Nessu_Utare, feeling great.
  6. ZacClarke Win User

Tomb Raider DE Freezing At Certain Points

I'm also noticing frame rate drops at certain times
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 | PC | Big frame rate drops on certain scenarios only | November 2019 - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Big

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 Error: Hey The problem im having with forza is that I would get into forza, and usually players would come up and I would be in horizon life, I see npcs so I come to my pause menu to see im in horizon...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.: Hello I already tried everything thats out on the internet for getting my cloudsafefile back but nothing works. I would like to have a contact from somebody that could help me to get that sorted...
  5. Will the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel work on Forza Horizon 5?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel work on Forza Horizon 5?: I just bought the Thrustmaster T128 racing wheel and I downloaded Forza Horizon 5. I do not have my wheel yet but I have been doing research and cant find anything that says Forza Horizon 5...
  6. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  7. I have lost all of my forza horizon 5 progress. I think its overritten

in XBoX on Windows
    I have lost all of my forza horizon 5 progress. I think its overritten: Today I lost all my FH5 progress i think it has been overitten I play on a xbox series x. b900e3f9-ffb6-4948-938f-3ff603e336a3
  8. Latest update on Forza horizon 4 has big flaw

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Latest update on Forza horizon 4 has big flaw: At loading screen when starting game it glitches like it has troubles starting up then freezes and goes to xbox home screen.havnt been able to play since updated around5pm...
  9. Big Pixels on smoke in Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Big Pixels on smoke in Forza Horizon 3: Hello, Since I've buy Forza Horizon 3 (like 6-7 month), I've allways play on ULTRA. All is fine except for one detail : all smoke (from tires or from the ground) have BIG pixels, like 800 * 600...
  10. Big problem with my Xbox or forza horizon 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Big problem with my Xbox or forza horizon 2: Y is it that wen you are planning forza horizon 2 on Xbox one and u stop for a little time and your controller automatically turns off and you turn it back on and you don't have control over your...