Forza Horizon 4 Crashing when entering Speed Zone, Drift Zone and New Roads

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 Crashing when entering Speed Zone, Drift Zone and New Roads in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I know I'm going to be fobbed off and told it's a Forza Support issue. But after having my support ticket marked as solved by Secret Agent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dylan Edmonds, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing when entering Speed Zone, Drift Zone and New Roads

Hi all,

I know I'm going to be fobbed off and told it's a Forza Support issue. But after having my support ticket marked as solved by Secret Agent McNuggets, I am opening a support ticket here regardless. I have since opened a second support ticket and luck would have it that it has been assigned to the same support agent. My game crashes when I enter a Speed zone, a Drift Zone, or discover a new road in game, both online and offline. I have everything up to date, my drivers are all up to date, directX is up to date, And I will not be rolling back to Windows 1809 as suggested in another thread as that is beyond my capabilities.

This is the Event Viewer Application Error file:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x638ee18e

Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x638ee18e

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x0000000000e20457

Faulting process ID: 0x49f8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d9507a2645b912

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.477.175.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.477.175.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Report ID: e9bf7877-b76a-4f6d-8dc0-d81b98011668

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.477.175.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

I can make no sense of any of this, Hopefully someone here can or give me a detailed response of how I can get Forza Support to fix this.

Kind Regards,

Dylan.

:)

Dylan Edmonds, Mar 9, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Forza Horizon 4 vs. Forza Horizon 3

Forza Horizon 4, without question. The quality of life improvements present in FH4 easily put it ahead of FH3 for me. Trying to do some of the activities on FH3 was a real chore because of other cars on the road, especially when we're talking about speed
    traps and drift zones. I lost out on so many great runs because some random car was driving like a nutter and slammed into me when drifting. FH4 moved things forward by turning your car/other cars into ghost cars when you're in a drift zone. Small step, but
    a huge improvement.
  4. Daniel D.R Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Windows 10

I've got the exact same issue. exception code: 0xc0000096. My game crashes every time I enter a speed/drift zone. I've tried everything. Got the same response from forza support blaming Microsoft. I'm hoping they release a fix soon. Maybe it has something do to with the release of Forza Horizon 5 and this bug is happening on both FH4 and FH5? Who knows... it's very frustrating.
  5. RomkaZzz Win User

[Guides] Forza Horizon 3 3 Stars Guide

Drift Zones
    Getting 3 stars on all Forza Horizon 3 Drift Zones is almost as hard as getting 3 stars in the Danger Signs PR Stunts and the tips and tricks in the guide below are meant to help you achieve those stars.

Unlike most of Forza Horizon 3 Speed Zones and FH3 Speed Traps, which are easier to complete with 3 stars, the Drift Zones Stunts will require quite a few tries, so be patient before attempting them.

There are 17 Forza Horizon 3 Drift Zones PR Stunts in the video game developed by Playground Games for PC and Xbox One.

[​IMG]

To access all Drift Zones you have to upgrade each Horizon Festival location to its max level, unlike the Barn Finds, Reward Boards or Beauty Spots which are revealed by world discovery.

The Forza Horizon 3 Speed Zones are marked on the map with an icon depicting a sliding car and when you hover over one of these icons it will highlight the area in which you are allowed to perform the drifts.

On the actual road, such a zone is marked by green flags on both sides of the road. Your drift is calculated as soon as you hit the area between the first two flags, hence it’s a good idea to begin the drift a bit earlier in order to maximize the amount
    you can get in the zone. Also, it doesn’t matter from which end you begin the drift, so experiment until you find what’s the most comfortable path for you.

To initiate a drift you press the E-brake button while turning left or right on your joystick.

Then immediately you have to counter-steer in the opposite direction to maintain control.

Press the throttle gently to prevent over-steering.

Moreover, don’t approach a Drift Zone at a high speed, because you will overshoot the designated area and you will fail the drift. While it is safe to decelerate or even stop inside a zone (though not recommended), you will also fail the drift if you turn
    around the car.

To make a car drift with ease you can turn off the Traction Control and the Stability Controlsettings in the difficulty menu.

An advanced setting would be to turn the shifting to manual. This way you can keep the car in the desired gear all the time. When the RPM drops significantly shift to a lower gear to keep the wheels spinning and prevent them from gaining grip.

When you play solo use the rewind function to save some time and return to the start position fast. However, the Drivatars are the most annoying thing while playing solo, thus you can ask a friend to play in a private online freeroam session where you will
    not be bothered by AI traffic.

While your skill can be an important factor in the Forza Horizon 3 Drift Zones, the car you decide to use is the essential one and can save you from a lot of frustration while attempting the PR Stunts.

If you are a beginner don’t jump to the fastest and most powerful car. Instead, choose a B-class or lower tier car that has a rear wheel drive (RWD). Tune up its power to make it more potent.

Invest in handling, launch and acceleration, because you don’t need top speed when you drift. Alternatively you can try a AWD car (all wheel drive), but it tends to have more grip which is not a good thing if you intend to drift.

If you don’t know how to fine tune your car for drifting search for a custom upgrade/tune file that has been developed by other players. Usually, hardcore players know their way around a car and will amaze you with the results.

We got 3 stars on all 17 Forza Horizon 3 Drift Zones using a 1974 Toyota Celica GT, which was tuned using a AWD Drift Tune. You can check the upgrade file that we downloaded in the video below.

While it can seem underwhelming at C-class we can assure you it was fine tuned to have an insane amount of power. You can also use the video if you want to see other cars suitable for drifting, along with the suggested tuning options.

The terrain is another factor that you should take into account. The car behaves differently on asphalt and gravel. When the rain starts it affects all the car physics and you will lose control more easily. The night makes the matter even worse due to low
    visibility.

To get around the issue use the next trick. Fast travel to an already discovered Beauty Spot and the weather and time of day will change instantly. We suggest using the one at the crossroad in the Outback since it will make the weather sunny. Then return
    to the Drift Zone.

Take these tips into consideration when attempting to get 3 Stars on all Forza Horizon 3 Drift Zones:

• Check the global leaderboards to see what cars (and their performance index) have been used by other players.
    • Properly tune your chosen car.
    • Use the rewind button if you hit any obstacles.
    • Be gentle with the controls, especially the throttle.
    • Practice a lot and be patient.
    https://youtu.be/-OATd-ugm7s.

by [VGFaq]
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Forza Horizon 4 game crashes when entering speed/drift zones (PC)

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Yes, it is on the developer's end. You can reach out to them for further assistance here https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/re...
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing when entering Speed Zone, Drift Zone and New Roads - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Crashing

2. When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.: When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes. When you get to the end of the mission, it stays there. The same thing always happens when I restart the console. It is important to mention...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module...
  4. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  5. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  7. Forza horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing: Forza horizon 5 crashes on start. I used to have an error code. But I no longer do. It acts like it’s going to load. Then as soon. And the little screen part shows up nothing happens. And it...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S: Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play. - The screen suddenly freeze for...
  9. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  10. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...