Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys, this ist driving me crazy: 7 days ago my Xbox One X died while playing Forza Horizon 4 which was run from an external HDD. The console... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DunkelheitVZ, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DunkelheitVZ
    DunkelheitVZ Guest

Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console

Hello guys,

this ist driving me crazy:

7 days ago my Xbox One X died while playing Forza Horizon 4 which was run from an external HDD. The console was unrecoverable, so I got a new one. I plugged in my external HDD, started the game and it crashed after the Playground Games logo. I did everything
    in Microsofts book:

- reboot console

- move all data to internal

- uninstalled the game, rebooted console, installed game on the account of my wife, cut off network after installing to avoid problems with cloud saves, I did not even install any add-ons, yet the problem remains the same

- and a mix of everything and some more

If you have any idea, let me know, because I am desperate.

:)

DunkelheitVZ, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Why is UPnP not succesful and why In some games it lags after a while and crashes

I played forza horizon 2 and after a while it lagged and just crashed. My xbox is 4 months old

Diswashonored44, Nov 13, 2018
  3. FrugTose
    FrugTose Guest
    XBOX ONE X runs slowly

Hello Guys,

since yesterday my XBOX ONE X runs extremely slowly when im on the dashboard. When i want to move to the store it takes like 4 secs before i got there super fast. Also Forza Horizon crashed in the loading screne and then after 5 min of playing....

FrugTose, Nov 13, 2018
  4. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest

Hello Dunk,

Sorry for the issue with Forza 4 not starting up. Since you have done some troubleshooting, we recommend a

Soft factory reset
    where you keep games and apps. Before doing the reset make sure you have a stable internet connection. Also make sure you know email/password for all accounts on the console. Also recommend for start just install game to internal HD,
    after the game working can move to the external.

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Brad

XBF Brad A, Nov 13, 2018
  5. ManyCracker
    ManyCracker Guest
    Hey, did you end up fixing this? I made a support ticket 2 weeks a go but nothing so far. Tried everything you have as well. Works fine on my ONE S but same issue as you on my ONE X.

ManyCracker, Nov 28, 2018
  6. DunkelheitVZ
    DunkelheitVZ Guest
    I ended up exchanging the console. I have tried really everything and nothing helped. The game was just stuck in the PG animation.

After the exchange, everything was fine.

DunkelheitVZ, Nov 28, 2018
  7. ManyCracker
    ManyCracker Guest
    Thanks for the reply! Mine gets stuck on 'press a to start'

Every other game works fine on my One X so not keen to do an exchange unless it's actually the last port of call...

Did other games work on the console before you exchanged? I have 2 months left to figure out if it's the console or not..

ManyCracker, Nov 28, 2018
  8. DunkelheitVZ
    DunkelheitVZ Guest

I had problems with wireless as well and some other games crashed, while otehr were running flawlessly....

DunkelheitVZ, Nov 30, 2018
  9. ManyCracker
    ManyCracker Guest
    Right, well that's my last resort haha. Thanks for replying Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console :) As said before every other game, and the one x it self runs fine.

ManyCracker, Nov 30, 2018
  10. Try clearing the cache.
    Put your finger on the start button of the console for 10 seconds until it goes out.
    Then wait another 30 and turn it on again.
    After trying this, reinstall the game.
    It may work for you Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console :D.

Chyrola Cuello, Nov 30, 2018
  11. ManyCracker
    ManyCracker Guest
    Hey thanks, already tried that unfortunately! Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console :)

ManyCracker, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: