Forza 5 won’t download without pausing every 2 minutes

Discus and support Forza 5 won’t download without pausing every 2 minutes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got the disc forza 5, it won’t successfully download without giving me the notification “installation stopped” and pausing itself every 2... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Oblivia Chalk, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Forza 5 won’t download without pausing every 2 minutes

I just got the disc forza 5, it won’t successfully download without giving me the notification “installation stopped” and pausing itself every 2 minutes. At first I was assuming it was a console error but I paused the installation and downloaded an even bigger game which downloaded with 0 issues. I’m wondering why forza 5 won’t download properly.

:)

Oblivia Chalk, Nov 15, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Oblivia! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Forza Horizon 5 disc game. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to perform the following workarounds:

1. Remove your account, power cycle, and re-add your account:

Here's how to remove your account:

> Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    > Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    > Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

Power Cycle:

> Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

> Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Then re-add your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.
    Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Note: Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
    Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console.

2. Clear the local save for Forza Horizon 5 and resync with the cloud. Here's how:

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.

After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try downloading the disc game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you used to play this game online so that all your data is saved to the cloud.

Reference link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. NYJets12 Win User

XBOX ONE - Am getting frequent updates on games - each saying approx 5 GB

I had RYSE Son of Rome(twice), Forza Motorsport 5 update on me but there not really big 1 -2 minutes, just let it download and your done.
  4. Raz0rking Win User

Disconnecting every 2-5 minutes

Afaik DS-lite but everything is IPv4 so..that is not the issue

and i would apreciate to get something tangible from official side. Because the whole time "try this" then "try that" and then again "try..." ect.
  5. Raz0rking Win User

@Rozilla: already done that..the line is as good as new. They see also that i get disconnected very few minutes. So the problem is with me or with live..

and surprisingly i have no files about my xbox connecting with the internet and disconnecting ...duh!?
  6. Raz0rking Win User

@Nod Nolan: No as far as i know not.

@Rozzilla: i have tried that already..but i'll try it again >.>
Thema:

1. Forza 5 won’t download without pausing every 2 minutes - Similar Threads - Forza won’t download

2. My forza horizon 5 won’t install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My forza horizon 5 won’t install: My game didn’t download for weeks now and I’ve tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, unplugging the WiFi, restarting the Xbox and hard reset and now it is stopped at 91.9%. It is a 121gb game...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 won’t install PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won’t install PC.: Forza Horizon 5 had an update. Tried downloading the update on Xbox App, but it kept giving an error and would not update. Tried updating it on Microsoft Store and it also would not update. Then...
  4. My Xbox won’t allow me to play Forza Horizon 5 offline.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won’t allow me to play Forza Horizon 5 offline.: When I am not connected to the internet and try to start Forza the error “must be online to start this game” comes up. Forcing me to connect to the wifi to even start the game, wether I intend on...
  5. Forza Horizon 3 won’t start on my Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 3 won’t start on my Xbox One S: Been going on for a while. Loads into the game, get to the "Press 'A' to start" screen, and the loading icon begins. After about 30 seconds, the game is closed or crashes, and I'm back in the...
  6. Forza horizon 4 won’t let me go online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 won’t let me go online: It says the feature is locked because my profile cannot be verified with the server at the moment. How can I fix this so I can play with my friends? 5c28c413-40a7-4b5c-adeb-85ee273df633
  7. Forza Horizon 4 won’t load after yesterday’s update

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 4 won’t load after yesterday’s update: The game starts up fine, but after hitting A it just loads indefinitely. I’m on a Series X on the Delta ring. Tried downgrading to Omega and had the same problem. This is the first time ever I’ve...
  8. My Forza Horizon 4 won’t let me play

in XboX Insiders
    My Forza Horizon 4 won’t let me play: I’ll get straight to it. Whenever I try to play Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on my Xbox Series X, It will launch, and get to one screen before closing itself. I did recently install an update...
  9. Forza 7 - Won’t Install, disappears mid-download from queue.

in XboX Insiders
    Forza 7 - Won’t Install, disappears mid-download from queue.: Since Forza 7 is on Game Pass I thought I’d give it a go again, I’ve downloaded and played it in the past. However each time, 7/8 times now I reckon, the download seems to disappear without any...
  10. Forza Horizon 3 Won’t Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 Won’t Download: So I’m trying to download Forza Horizon 3, I have enough storage available, a lot more then what’s required. But when it begins downloading, about 30% in, it stops. I have to keep resuming it...