Fortnite won't install

Discus and support Fortnite won't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son's fortnite won't install the new update, It goes the the queue and then just stops at 0%. He has enough room on the system so what do we do?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jocelyn Kroschinsky, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Fortnite won't install

My son's fortnite won't install the new update, It goes the the queue and then just stops at 0%. He has enough room on the system so what do we do?

:)

Jocelyn Kroschinsky, Nov 6, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Fortnite won't install

Hi Jocelyn K, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that your son is having this problem when wanting to install a Fortnite update on his Xbox console, with the intention of helping you I'm going to suggest a few things:

I will recommend that you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it turns off completely.

- Unplug the power cord from the console. Wait 2 minutes.
    - Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if everything is OK.

If that doesn't help, I suggest you try performing a factory reset while keeping the games and apps on your console. This will update the console and remove all potential errors without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    - Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information.
    - Select Reset console.
    - Choose Keep games and apps.

Once this is done, you will need to sign in to the console with your Microsoft account credentials. If the problem is with your console, that should fix it.

I hope this information is useful for you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Fortnite won't install

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Fortnite won't update now won't install

Really the only thing you can do and what is recommended is that you
    continue insisting with the Xbox team, explaining the situation in detail
    since they are the only ones who can help you because they do have access to
    the accounts and can see what possibly happened. . This forum is really not the
    most appropriate medium to discuss your topic, especially since we as players do
    not have the tools to help you as it is a sensitive privacy and security issue.

Below I will leave you the link so you can contact Xbox technical support:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Note: Remember that Xbox chat is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 9:00 p.m. m.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Joseph M, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand that you are having problems installing Fortnite on your Xbox due to error 0x80070570. Here are some suggestions that might help you solve this problem:

Power cycle your Xbox: Press and hold the power button on your console for about 10 seconds until it turns off completely. Unplug the power cord and wait at least 10 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and turn on your Xbox

Check for system updates: Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Navigate to “Profile & System” and select “Settings.” From the Settings menu, select “System.” Choose “Updates and downloads” and select “Console update available” if prompted. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install any available system updates

Clear persistent storage: Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Navigate to “Profile & System” and select “Settings.” From the Settings menu, select “System.” Choose “Storage” and select your storage device (for example, internal hard drive). Select “Persistent Storage” and choose “Clear Persistent Storage.” Confirm the action when prompted

Reinstall Fortnite: Go to the Microsoft Store on your Xbox. Search for Fortnite and select it from the search results. Choose the option to download and install the game. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Joseph Moment Win User

Hi thank you for the reply however this did not work. And there's no clear persistent storage option on the hard drive either only on the blue ray screen either way still cannot download.
Thema:

Fortnite won't install

1. Fortnite won't install - Similar Threads - Fortnite won't install

2. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?: When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This...
  3. Fortnite won't install and I quite literally tried everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't install and I quite literally tried everything: hi so basically my Xbox won't let me download fortnite like at all it said my content doesn't match the version I been invited to play and i don't know how to fix it at all I been playing fortnite...
  4. My Fortnite | Xbox Cloud Gaming won't load and keeps coming up with the same error, how do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Fortnite | Xbox Cloud Gaming won't load and keeps coming up with the same error, how do...: I keep trying to log onto the Xbox Cloud Gaming service provided by Microsoft to play Fortnite or at least test it with some mates yet it still doesn't work and seems to create an error. Is there...
  5. Fortnite won't update now won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't update now won't install: Hi I tried to update fortnite and it stayed at 0percent all day not even 0.01 checked my Internet and that's all good. So then I unistalled to try to re install and now it comes up with the...
  6. My fortnite has corrupted and won't reinstall.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My fortnite has corrupted and won't reinstall.: Fortnite has corrupted, I've uninstalled and restarted my xbox one console as well as reset to defaults yet I still cannot install fornite. What can I do to fix the issue?...
  7. Fortnite is corrupted and won't install/uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite is corrupted and won't install/uninstall: As the title says, I have done everything, from power reset, to resetting the console and keeping all games and apps, the game still says corrupted, but after "uninstalling" the game and doing a...
  8. Fortnite won't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't connect: Fortnite will not go past the connecting page. I have Uninstalled game, power cycled xbox, reset console, signed in and out. Nothing has worked. 2ee480ce-db5e-4d06-8c61-7a2e6bc8650c
  9. Fortnite won't load.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't load.: On my Xbox One, starting today when I try to play Fortnite, I get the error, "There was a problem launching your game or app." I've uninstalled and reinstalled, no change. What's going on?...
  10. Why won't my fortnite open?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my fortnite open?: I've deleted and re installed. Cleared the cache. Shut down my internet. Factory reset it. Used a different account. Tried everything I can think of, please help 0e4d0a39-a004-44d8-a6d7-88d6311c056c