Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

Discus and support Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried accessing the menu ingame on his account but it's greyed out. I don't have an account myself. How the hell can I changed back ? It seems it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LouiseThomass, May 25, 2022.

1. Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

I've tried accessing the menu ingame on his account but it's greyed out. I don't have an account myself. How the hell can I changed back ? It seems it locked also on the switch...

Please help my kid is going nuts

:)

LouiseThomass, May 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Louise, is your son's Epic account created using a Microsoft account?

Let's try this if yes:

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your son's account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your son's account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your son's account everywhere and restart your PC

Then log in your account again and try downloading the game.

Just to double check, please check if birthdate is more than 18, if not change birth year

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

Double check too if all privacy settings are allowed:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings
  3. LouiseThomass Win User

Hi Josef,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately my son's fortnite account was not created through Microsoft services.

I've created a new microsoft account for me and him for the special purpose of having a bit more control of his gaming time and the content he has access to but he already had the Epic account.

It seems that connecting his epic account on this new "family controlled" account was detected by Fortnite by itself but I've looked on my family control account and I can't find any setting anywhere.

What should I do ?

Thanks again for your help !

EDIT : I've created an XBOX profile as well as an Epic account for myself. I've linked both of them together but I don't see any more settings either on Microsoft's family control interface or on Epic's. On Epic I don't even see a way to add my existing son's account...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Oh, I see.
    Louis is this case you may need to contact Epic support, probably they can look further on your son's account and explain to you what's going on
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Hey Louise,

Have you tried everything here?

How do I fix voice chat issues in Fortnite? - Epic Games

- specifically refer to Adjust parental control settings in particular.

Also, if you successfully connect the Epic Games account/profile to an Xbox account (includes steps for both the website and console), then you would need to verify that the Xbox privacy settings enable/allow voice chat as well.

These settings need to be set to allow (you can always just select the friends option if you prefer) on your son’s account:
    People outside of Xbox Live can communicate with voice and text - set to allow

Others can communicate with voice, text or invites - set to everyoneBe sure to select submit at the end of the page to confirm and save any account changes. Your son would then need to sign out and back in again for the updated settings to properly take effect.

This guide may also help:

How do I manage my party and voice chat options from the Fortnite Lobby? - Epic Games

Family & online safety | Xbox Support

If all your son’s online permissions are correct and this doesn’t reflect accordingly or if you still can’t enable voice chat because it’s greyed out in-game, then it would be best to contact support directly as we can’t access accounts here on the forums. If you experience this error in all games, contact Xbox Support or if this issue only occurs in Fortnite (especially if this persists on multiple devices), then submit a request to Epic Games Support for further assistance regarding this.

Hope this helps.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Maybe the account is connected to other service and that service is blocking functionalities.
    Is hard to tell, I hope Epic support can fix it for you on this one
Thema:

1. Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control - Similar Threads - Fortnite microphone locked

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. My fortnite doesnt launch

in XBoX on Windows
    My fortnite doesnt launch: When i click launch from epic games i says running but a short while later it says launch again. Also i don’t have the easy anti cheat kamu folder. My cpu is also running at a 100% when fortnite...
  4. I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.: When i type the code, it says: "Check the instructions provided with your code. You may need to use it on anotehr web page or device, or you may not be authorized to use this code." What could be...
  5. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  6. So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I can’t see anyone in a voice...: I just got Fortnite on my pc yesterday but I did have an epic account so it was all my old stuff 9f7338ef-3798-4a9c-91cf-58bc5f2d1a5c
  7. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  8. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  9. Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s: Hi! I want to know if there is a difference between Xbox series s fortnite edition and the normal Xbox series s because the one with fortnite edition is cheaper than the normal one. If it was the...
  10. Fortnite vbucks cards bought in shops,,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite vbucks cards bought in shops,,: Please make fortnite vbucks cards redeemable directly from the xbox consol this will increase your customer base for players like me, simplicity is the key here, keep your gamers gaming,, you can...