Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

Discus and support Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Rob Usher, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Rob Usher
    Rob Usher Guest

My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup.

We've recently purchased a Series S for the youngest to play on, but now he can no longer chat to anyone playing on another platform. If the other party members are on another platform (PS/Switch/PC) there's a padlock symbol next to the person's name.

I have Parental Controls setup through Xbox, with both sons set as Child Accounts. I've gone into the Family Settings app and enabled cross-network play & communication on both accounts, but this hasn't helped.

Both children have added each other as Friends within EPIC/Fortnite and within the Xbox platform, which should be sufficient for Under 10's to use cross-network communication as per EPIC's guide: https://safety.epicgames.com/en-US/parental-controls

Does anyone have any suggestions that I'm missing?

Thanks

:)

Rob Usher, Mar 20, 2024
  2. Pasquale C. Win User

Microphone not working in COD

3. XBF Brad A Win User

Fortnite Cross-Platform

Hello Astroman,

Currently there is no option for cross platform. It will be implemented soon hopefully. Microsoft knows about the issue and is working diligently to implement the cross platform option. If the account birthdate is set to under 12 there will be no way to
    change it to cross play as of right now. Have you enabled it inside of Fortnite itself? Once in lobby hit the menu to pull up settings you will see an option to enable cross play.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. V1PERone Win User

Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps

I recently bought Xbox Live like 2 hours ago just to play Fortnite, I am updating fortnite as we speak and it is downloading at 20 kb/s while my core internet on my computer which is connected to the same network is running at 10 mb/s, so what i'm saying
    is my download speed is very very slow and it's making me mad. Any Help?

Thanks,

EDIT: This problem was solved by redownloading my Fortnite.
    Glad to hear that the issue was solved and you are able to enjoy your game and the xboxlive experiencešŸ˜ŠšŸ‘
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox One Servers in Asia

Hi there Monk,

Thanks for the reply! Insofar as game for cross platform or cross-network play, there are already some multiplayer games out there that allow it. One of those games is Fortnite and, I believe, another is Minecraft. Essentially, there are just a few titles
    that allow cross-platform capability at this time, but hopefully more will be had in the future!

For a little more info regarding how to play across networks, I recommend having a look at the following support article for specifics regarding the necessary settings to do just that: How
    do multiplayer and communication work for cross-network play?

I hope that this helps out!

Best of luck!
  6. kRevali Win User

Fortnite Cross Platform Game Chat and Twitch

You can create a free Discord server and use the voice chat for that, also depends if you're doing native stream from the console, the professional thing to do is get a elgato capture device tho
Thema:

1. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's - Similar Threads - Fortnite Cross Network

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is Iā€™m scared if itā€™s broken or if itā€™s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. My fortnite doesnt launch

in XBoX on Windows
    My fortnite doesnt launch: When i click launch from epic games i says running but a short while later it says launch again. Also i donā€™t have the easy anti cheat kamu folder. My cpu is also running at a 100% when fortnite...
  4. I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.: When i type the code, it says: "Check the instructions provided with your code. You may need to use it on anotehr web page or device, or you may not be authorized to use this code." What could be...
  5. Why canā€™t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why canā€™t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why wonā€™t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and wonā€™t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  6. So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I canā€™t see anyone in a voice...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I can join into Fortnite and join. My friends party but I canā€™t see anyone in a voice...: I just got Fortnite on my pc yesterday but I did have an epic account so it was all my old stuff 9f7338ef-3798-4a9c-91cf-58bc5f2d1a5c
  7. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I canā€™t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  8. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they canā€™t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they canā€™t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends canā€™t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  9. Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s: Hi! I want to know if there is a difference between Xbox series s fortnite edition and the normal Xbox series s because the one with fortnite edition is cheaper than the normal one. If it was the...
  10. Fortnite Cross play Option for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Cross play Option for Xbox: The option to toggle the cross play on Fortnite is gone. Like it was never there. I tried everything. I doubled checked to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I checked the Xbox settings (all good...