Fortnite connecting issue

Discus and support Fortnite connecting issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has a new Xbox and downloaded his Fortnite game but it’s not getting past the connecting page and then it kicks him out. We have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by THEGC, Nov 4, 2023.

1. THEGC
    THEGC Guest

My son has a new Xbox and downloaded his Fortnite game but it’s not getting past the connecting page and then it kicks him out. We have tried everything! Followed all the trouble shooting stages, spoke to 2 Xbox experts who blamed epic games, did live chat with epic games who did something their end which didn’t work so then blamed it on Microsoft. Does anyone have any other ideas on what it could be? All his other games work perfectly fine and it’s less than a month old!

:)

THEGC, Nov 4, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

There are a few additional things you can try:

1. To start, we can try restarting your console: A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches. Try turning off your Xbox One S completely, including unplugging it from the power source, waiting for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in and turning it on. Once it's powered back on, attempt to sync your games again.

2. If the above doesn't work, we can try clear persistent storage: Clearing the persistent storage on your Xbox can sometimes help resolve syncing issues. Here's how to do it:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    b. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "Storage".
    c. Highlight the "Reserved space" option.
    d. Press the "Menu" button on your controller (three horizontal lines).
    e. Select "Clear reserved space" and confirm the action.

3. 3. Let's try to delete the profile on your Xbox and then add it back, you can follow these steps:

a. In the main menu of your Xbox, go to the "Settings" section at the top right of the screen.

b. Within the "Settings" section, select the "Accounts" option.

c. On the "Accounts" page, select "Family and other users."

d. Here you will see a list of user profiles. Select the profile you want to delete.

e. On the selected profile page, choose the “Delete this profile” option or a similar option.

f. A warning will appear indicating that all data associated with the profile will be deleted. If you are sure you want to proceed, select "Delete" to delete the profile.

Once you've deleted the profile, you can add it back by following these steps:

a. In the main menu of your Xbox, go to the "Settings" section again.

b. In the "Settings" section, select "Accounts" and then "Sign in, security, and passcode."

c. Choose the “Add New” or “Add New Profile” option to add a new profile.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in with your existing account or create a new account.

Please remember that deleting a profile will erase all data and settings associated with that profile in the console. If you have saved games, achievements, or other important information on your profile, be sure to make a backup before deleting it.

4. If none of the above steps work, you can consider performing a factory reset on your Xbox. Keep in mind that this will erase all data and settings on the console, so consider backing up any important information before proceeding. To perform a factory reset, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Console info" > "Reset console" > "Reset and remove everything". Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Best regards.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Please help, set up Xbox one with wrong username

Hello GJ111,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with connecting your Xbox Live profile to a Fortnite account. For help with connecting your profile to Fortnite, please contact

Epic Games Support

I hope this helps.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Fortnite isnt working pls fix this

then contact epic as its their servers you connect too.

currently there are no issues listed for fortnite so it could be an account issue
  5. NaZoooom Win User

Fortnite micro on PC

Hi LindaChartrand3,

Are you able to clarify please? By micro do you mean Microphone? If you are playing Fortnite on PC, this would be an issue for Epic Games / Fortnite Support page as
    I am pretty sure it has its own launcher / service and is not connected to the Xbox service.
  6. Brian.G. Win User

I receive the error code “Montano” when loading into Warzone 2. Communication server unavailable. What can I do to resolve?

Hello again,

I downloaded fortnite and it is showing the same issues. I am unable to unmute players, and unable to connect to comms servers
Thema:

1. Fortnite connecting issue - Similar Threads - Fortnite connecting issue

2. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  3. Im trying to connect my epic games account and play fortnite with the progress on my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im trying to connect my epic games account and play fortnite with the progress on my xbox...: I have both playstation and xbox accounts connected to one email and i want to play with my xbox's progress, for some reason when i try to login to epic games with my xbox account it says it sent...
  4. Error connecting Fortnite account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error connecting Fortnite account: how to connect Fortnite epic account to the Xbox when it was originally connected to a different Microsoft account. Now getting an error trying to reconnect from epic that another Microsoft...
  5. Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller: Hi, for a while now whenever I connect my Xbox controller to my laptop to play Fortnite on xcloud, the touchscreen controls stay on my screen. This makes it very annoying while playing. I’d...
  6. When I load into Fortnite with Xbox cloud gaming I have my controller connected and the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I load into Fortnite with Xbox cloud gaming I have my controller connected and the...: When I load into Fortnite with Xbox cloud gaming I have my controller connected and the touchscreen control's won't disappear even tho I am on controller how do I fix this ?...
  7. My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one.: So I can see that the controller is sending input to the console however any last input will not register until the next input is made. It is infinitely delayed by this. Please help?...
  8. How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...: So I’m trying to play Fortnite on an iPad Pro through Xbox cloud gaming . I’ve been able and to play the game with a wireless Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth to the iPad Pro and play...
  9. Fortnite won't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't connect: Fortnite will not go past the connecting page. I have Uninstalled game, power cycled xbox, reset console, signed in and out. Nothing has worked. 2ee480ce-db5e-4d06-8c61-7a2e6bc8650c
  10. wired connection causing higher ping/ms than wireless on fortnite and other games

in XBoX on Consoles
    wired connection causing higher ping/ms than wireless on fortnite and other games: hi , does anyone know or have any pointers to help me out with my ms in games when i am playing wired connection via tp links cat-5e cables on both on fortnite for instance which is a game based...