Fortnite Chat Issue on PC

Discus and support Fortnite Chat Issue on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When my son is playing Fortnite on his PC his friends and team members can hear him but he can't hear them. When he plays on his switch he doesn't have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HStevens1, Dec 21, 2023.

1. HStevens1
    HStevens1 Guest

When my son is playing Fortnite on his PC his friends and team members can hear him but he can't hear them. When he plays on his switch he doesn't have this problem, only PC. Any advice please!

:)

HStevens1, Dec 21, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Gerardo, recommends the following steps for a solution.

Please try to solve the problem by doing the following procedures:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem persists.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/398a4985-122f-472f-aba6-3ee466a93c2b

I hope to be of great help to solve your problem.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Help with fortnite voice chat

4. Francia J. Win User

Fortnite chat issues

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Make sure that you're on game chat instead of party chat. This should be visible on the top left part of your game.

Also, please perform a powercycle on your console.

​​​

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"
  5. Rk2p Win User

Xbox mic not working

It's probably a fortnite issue, the only way to use game chat in fortnite is by going to voice chat in the pause menu and turning it on from there, if that doesn't work you can go to audio settings ingame and disable voice chat then re-enable it. This
    has always worked for me but if it doesn't I would report the bug to fortnite.
  6. josh smith2 Win User

cloud gaming fortnite mic problem

He’s saying he is trying to “game” chat through fortnite and not “party” chat through Xbox, probably because his friends use a different console than Xbox. I have the same issue. Only on fortnite can I not use game chat with cloud gaming. It’s beta. The perfect excuse to not work. Lol
Thema:

1. Fortnite Chat Issue on PC - Similar Threads - Fortnite Chat Issue

2. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's: My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup. We've recently purchased a Series S...
  3. Can’t chat to people friends or teammates in Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t chat to people friends or teammates in Fortnite: I have enabled Friends and Teammates for Voice chat in Fortnite but on screen it says that because he is under 10 it will only be Friends only? He can’t chat to anyone at the minute - either...
  4. Fortnite party chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite party chat not working: So this has been an issue for a long time now and it is that when i log into fortnite i join my friends party but they can hear me but i cant hear them. Has anyone experienced this issue and if...
  5. I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite: Whenever i try and hear voice chat on fortnite, it doesnt work. Even party chat on xbox works. It works if i am using cloud on my laptop, and only one instance it has worked on my xbox since the...
  6. Fortnite voice chat no working Xbox series S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite voice chat no working Xbox series S: I play Fortnite on my Xbox series S and can hear my friends on the Fortnite voice chat but they can’t hear me. How do I fix this? 913acd1a-eaf5-4531-8572-38e49b57f39a
  7. Xbox one not recording audio from fortnite game chat clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recording audio from fortnite game chat clips: I've looked for a solution everywhere and I couldn't find any. Please fix this or provide a solution because i've tried everything 6aa31784-29f5-45a0-adee-993cd2c3bba9
  8. Xbox Series X - Fortnite Game Chat Not Coming Up on Stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X - Fortnite Game Chat Not Coming Up on Stream: I've been scouring the internet and watching YouTube tutorials and can't figure it out. I want to stream and include game chat audio in my stream but I can't get it to work Here is my hardware...
  9. Can’t chat to people friends or teammates in Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t chat to people friends or teammates in Fortnite: I have enabled Friends and Teammates for Voice chat in Fortnite but on screen it says that because he is under 10 it will only be Friends only? He can’t chat to anyone at the minute - either...
  10. Fortnite chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite chat issues: Hi, please can anyone help as I am going out of my mind! I play fortnite and have all the settings to be able to chat to everyone. Recently though someone invited me to xbox party while playing....