Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games

Discus and support Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My children playing fortnite cannot talk to their friends over the fornite platform. On Xbox chat the microphone functions. I have had the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DavidDruckman, May 18, 2020.

1. Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games

Hello, My children playing fortnite cannot talk to their friends over the fornite platform. On Xbox chat the microphone functions.

I have had the children quit any microsoft group whilst in fortnite but this changes nothing.

Whilst in fornite they can create xbox chat channels and speak normally. Just over Fortnite.

Thanks for your help.

btw. looking through the forums brought me to this closed chat (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/audio-chat-problem-fortnite/95da9a95-7ef2-4589-b10e-83e4932eba7d) - I therefore open this question.

:)

DavidDruckman, May 18, 2020
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Have you checked through their settings in the Fortnite menus to make sure that voice/mic communication has not been locked or selected to No? Has Fortnite had any updates recently? Sometimes when an update happens, you might need to recheck the settings
    and make sure nothing has been changed. Best of luck!
  3. Mister Cazador Win User

Mic will work in Party but not game chat

Hi there Tuweesuhh.

In Fornite Battle Royale, were you hearing and trying to talk with friends on your squad and in your lobby? We're afraid that you cannot use game chat to speak with others not in your party on Fortnite Battle Royale. If you're still experiencing this, are you
    able to invite a friend to your game in order to test this?
  4. MichaelJones1986 Win User

Problems since last update...

My TV-App worked perfectly, but since the last update the sound is juddering and makes cracking sounds (like an old phonograph record). Only the sound, NOT the video. I tried to connect the TV-Receiver (Kabel BW) directly with the TV and this worked perfectly.
    I also tried to use other sound-settings, but nothing worked

-- I have exactly the same issue since the update!
  5. Ghoul xo Win User

So Why is the Xbox PC App so Bad?

The app is garbage, it disallows me from using my mic to speak in parties for literally no reason, it works perfectly on every other communication application, but on the Xbox App it just blasts static down the mic. Broken ass app please fix.
  6. KyleSmoyer Win User

Missing Sound

I have tried other backwards compatible games and the sound works perfectly fine, except for Borderlands
Thema:

1. Fornite : Cannot speak - Sound working perfectly on other apps/games - Similar Threads - Fornite Cannot speak

2. When I log into fornite it says for my mates that I'm in console voice chat only so I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I log into fornite it says for my mates that I'm in console voice chat only so I...: When I log into fornite it says for my mates I'm I'm voice chat only and i can't here anyone and they can't here me 8cd3bedc-7b6a-4db7-89b5-334581a8b774
  3. Hello why can i play fornite every single time i try it keeps saying no on all the accounts...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello why can i play fornite every single time i try it keeps saying no on all the accounts...: Hello microsoft, Hi when ever i try to play fortnite on any accounts on my xbox it keeps saying an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live, but i can still play...
  4. Why does my xbox say login failed on fornite I've even uninstall fornite and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say login failed on fornite I've even uninstall fornite and then...: My fornite keeps saying Login Failed I have hacked everything and it all is working fine I have uninstalled fornite then reinstalled it I have turned my xbox off and on still saying the same...
  5. We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox: I have contacted epic games and given the following ref my son:- Xbox gamer Id Email address connected to Xbox Evidence of fortnite purchases via Xbox/microsoft account Fornite works fine and...
  6. ¿Porque llevo más de una semana intentando abrir fornite y me dice no se pudo iniciar...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ¿Porque llevo más de una semana intentando abrir fornite y me dice no se pudo iniciar...: Desde hace una semana estoy intentando jugar fornite y me dice no es posible iniciar sesión ya borre el juego y lo instale y me sigue saliendo eso y también reinicié la consola y me sigue saliendo...
  7. Fornite on Xbox one won't reinstall did just says corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fornite on Xbox one won't reinstall did just says corrupted: Won't let me reinstall fornite just says corrupted reset the system and same thing says I own it and won't reinstall just says it's corrupted cec00343-048d-4210-b7c1-4f9583c4f818
  8. I have my allow cross play on but I can’t cross play on fornite I’ve tired everything it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have my allow cross play on but I can’t cross play on fornite I’ve tired everything it...: My cross play will not work 80ad60d6-b5af-4323-aa4d-b8794b96fba0
  9. Why do I have a full blue screen when I lauchn fornite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have a full blue screen when I lauchn fornite?: I have a full blue screen when i launch fortnite. a38490ca-0f47-489c-a5c3-4c1432a2648f
  10. Hi when I play fornite for some reason ever since last night instead of just continuing on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi when I play fornite for some reason ever since last night instead of just continuing on...: Hi when I play fornite for some reason ever since last night instead of just continuing on it forces me to go back into the lobby I can’t just keep reading up 02f456f2-fe3c-4e90-a60f-b8ad69a3817a