Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...

Discus and support Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! So I used to have an Xbox 360 .....when I did get rid of it I think I may have had some of Xbox Live left on it. Anyways so now that I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joe843, Sep 25, 2015.

1. joe843
    joe843 Guest

Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...

Hi!

So I used to have an Xbox 360 .....when I did get rid of it I think I may have had some of Xbox Live left on it.

Anyways so now that I am getting an Xbox One (by the end of the year, Christmas if not sooner) - here I see that my old account is still available.....or active, whatever. I could use my old Gamertag if I wanted to which would be great BUT the person who had
    the Xbox 360 after me played some games I never played and I guess because my account/Gamertag was active for a while they earned achievement points under my Gamertag.

So if I was to use the same Gamertage with an Xbox One would all of those Xbox 360 Achievements go away since it was another console anyways? My concern is I don't want anything on my Gamerscore that I did not earn.......

Or would I have to start over with an all new Gamertag? If so, can I keep the same email address? I just need to create a new Microsoft account in that case?

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

PS. I did talk in an online chat with support and they said my account is fine and secure as well as of course I changed my password. However I did not talk to them about just wiping my Gamer score but using my old Gamer tag........I think that is what I would
    like to do on the Xbox One if possible.

Any advice or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

joe843, Sep 25, 2015
  2. License Transfering?

You wont be able to share any content form the Xbox 360 with the Xbox One anyways. I'm sure in time the Xbox One will have its own licence transfer tool for transferring content to another Xbox One, but not an Xbox 360.

Dr Black Bones, Sep 25, 2015
  3. btrips
    btrips Guest
    Since the XB1X's launch, what are your thoughts on all 3 Xbox models and mid-gen refresh consoles?

As an Xbox One X owner, do you feel your purchase was worth it (either at $499 or lower prices)?
    Yes.

As a standard Xbox One or Xbox One S owner, did you feel "betrayed" when the X was announced?
    No.

As a standard Xbox One or Xbox One S owner, since the launch of the X (or PS4 Pro), have you noticed the quality of third-party titles or ports degrading at all?

No.

As a standard Xbox One or Xbox One S owner, what are your personal reasons for not upgrading?
    I did upgrade, so I don't know why you're asking me this.

As either a standard Xbox One/Xbox Ons S or Xbox One X owner, do you feel that Sony made the right decision by making the PS4 Pro and/or that Microsoft made the right decision by making the Xbox One X?
    PS4 Pro was a mistake, Xbox One X was the greatest decision MS has ever made.

As either a standard Xbox One/Xbox One S or Xbox One X owner, do you feel that the Xbox Next should be an entirely new console, or another "refresh" (i.e. do you think 'Xbox Next' games shouldn't exist, and instead Xbox One games will just play on all 4 configurations with varying settings [Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Xbox Next])?
    New console with full BC for Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One games.

As an Xbox One X owner, are you satisfied with the performance of the X, or do you feel Microsoft should have waited and beefed up the specs some more?
    I am very satisfied with the Xbox One X, so much that it comes very close to sexual satisfaction.

btrips, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

The gamerscore will still be attached to your account. There's no way to have gamerscore removed unless you're found to have modded or cheated to get the gamerscore. So it would be best to just start a new account. In order to use the same email address,
    you would have to change the email address on your original account to something different in order to free it up for use on a new account.

Smwutches, Sep 25, 2015
  5. joe843
    joe843 Guest
    Ok so once I change my email address on the account then I can go back to my old (ie current) email address for my Microsoft account and then at that point create a NEW xbox Live ID?

No I have not modded or cheated in any way......I got rid of my Xbox 360 and I could see there has been some activity for a while after I had gotten rid of it when viewing my account. I assume that was due to some Xbox Live time left on my account as well
    as I was already signed in or had been using auto sign in when I did have my console.

I suppose though yeah while I know that no one has any of my personal information I pretty much have to get a new account after not having an Xbox for 4 years. Anyways, thanks for your help!

joe843, Sep 25, 2015
  6. joe843
    joe843 Guest
    Also Smwutches can you post a link to where I can change the email connected to my xbox account?

Currently I do NOT have any Xbox or X Live account. So I just need to change my email and then my current email will be free to use again with my new account when I am ready correct?

(Which will be on December 25th - but on or around that. I have an Xbox One on Layaway BUT I am not opening it before December 25th, someone else is getting a cool gift also and the timing, etc, etc, etc.)

Thanks! I have looked and looked for the info on here but have not found it! Do I have to wait until I have an active Xbox Live membership? I would like to get my account ready to go now so I am not wasting time with the crap when I get my console and
    I can start playing games and using aps right away. I am getting the Madden 1 TB set and the Nyko Media Remote - currently I have NO plans to get the Kinnect......maybe next year but not now.

joe843, Sep 26, 2015
  7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Smwutches Win User

Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question about achievements

The gamerscore will still be attached to your account. There's no way to have gamerscore removed unless you're found to have modded or cheated to get the gamerscore. So it would be best to just start a new account. In order to use the same email address,
    you would have to change the email address on your original account to something different in order to free it up for use on a new account.
  9. joe843 Win User

Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question about achievements

Also Smwutches can you post a link to where I can change the email connected to my xbox account?

Currently I do NOT have any Xbox or X Live account. So I just need to change my email and then my current email will be free to use again with my new account when I am ready correct?

(Which will be on December 25th - but on or around that. I have an Xbox One on Layaway BUT I am not opening it before December 25th, someone else is getting a cool gift also and the timing, etc, etc, etc.)

Thanks! I have looked and looked for the info on here but have not found it! Do I have to wait until I have an active Xbox Live membership? I would like to get my account ready to go now so I am not wasting time with the crap when I get my console and
    I can start playing games and using aps right away. I am getting the Madden 1 TB set and the Nyko Media Remote - currently I have NO plans to get the Kinnect......maybe next year but not now.
  10. joe843 Win User

Ok so once I change my email address on the account then I can go back to my old (ie current) email address for my Microsoft account and then at that point create a NEW xbox Live ID?

No I have not modded or cheated in any way......I got rid of my Xbox 360 and I could see there has been some activity for a while after I had gotten rid of it when viewing my account. I assume that was due to some Xbox Live time left on my account as well
    as I was already signed in or had been using auto sign in when I did have my console.

I suppose though yeah while I know that no one has any of my personal information I pretty much have to get a new account after not having an Xbox for 4 years. Anyways, thanks for your help!
  11. Smwutches Win User

12. NENGaming Win User

i bought a 2nd hand xbox one with 3 installed games how to handle?

The games will be linked to the former owners Microsoft account. You'll not be able to use these games once that account has been removed from the Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ... - Similar Threads - Former 360 Owner

2. Former XBOX 360 players... They are going to take our childhoods from us. That which we...

in XboX Insiders
    Former XBOX 360 players... They are going to take our childhoods from us. That which we...: XBOX players, consider this a call to arms. Microsoft's going to stop supporting the 360 on July 29, 2024. Are we really gonna let them do that without at least bitching about it? This is our...
  3. Linking current microsoft account to a new PSN (Former one is deleted)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking current microsoft account to a new PSN (Former one is deleted): Hey guys! So I want to link my current microsoft account to my main PSN account, however it's already connected to a former PSN account that I've only used once for minecraft, no purchases or...
  4. I have lost the former email and transaction ID for minecraft and I need to migrate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost the former email and transaction ID for minecraft and I need to migrate: Hi, I cant play on my Minecraft account anymore because I havent migrated, I have no Idea what the email is or the transaction id. It was my brothers minecraft account like 10 years ago. I have...
  5. Unable to Login to former Xbox account - after 10 days and numerous support call attempts....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Login to former Xbox account - after 10 days and numerous support call attempts....: My son (34 years old) has CP and has limited mobility and speech. A big part of his life is his XBox. His older console has failed and in advance of purchasing a new XBox X, we have exhaustively...
  6. what is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number...

in XBoX Accessibility
    what is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number...: What is the number on a gamertag? my number changed and I can't access my former number with all my old games and history. My login shows my old number but as I access the game it changes the...
  7. Recover former gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover former gamertag?: Hi all. A few months ago while logging into a friends xbox, a different tag came up. Ever since then, every time I log in to my xbox, this tag comes up and is associated with my email address. Is...
  8. Email Correspondence with Primary Alias and Former Alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email Correspondence with Primary Alias and Former Alias: My Microsoft/Xbox account was formerly registered with my mother's email when I was a juvenile. I am now an adult and have my Xbox account attached to my own Microsoft account. My mother's email...
  9. Hello! Help please, I bought xbox 360 but it is parental control. The former owner did not ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! Help please, I bought xbox 360 but it is parental control. The former owner did not ...: Hello! Help please, I bought xbox 360 but it is parental control. The former owner did not tell me the code, how do I disable it? e92ad283-043b-47ec-bb60-a611c82e6960
  10. Gold from former Family Plan member expired on 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold from former Family Plan member expired on 360?: My younger brother was a member of our Family Plan as it was retired, and now, his account still has gold on the Xbox One, but he doesn't have it on the 360. Where it was retired, was his...