Forced to grant my child permission EVERY time

Discus and support Forced to grant my child permission EVERY time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 4 year old who I've enabled privacy settings for. I try to start Lego Hobbit for him, and I'm asked to grant him permissions. I enter my Live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Solisimo, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Solisimo
    Solisimo Guest

I have a 4 year old who I've enabled privacy settings for. I try to start Lego Hobbit for him, and I'm asked to grant him permissions. I enter my Live ID password. When prompted, I tell it to ALWAYS let him play this game. The next time he signs in and
    tries to start the game. I'm prompted AGAIN to give him permission. I AM PROMPTED EVERY TIME!!!

Rather than answer this prompt every time, I decided to modify his privacy settings to allow him to play games suitable for 10 and up. But guess what? I'M STILL PROMPTED EVERY TIME TO GRANT HIM PERMISSION!!

What gives?

:)

Solisimo, Sep 16, 2014
  2. DJizzle
    DJizzle Guest
    Xbox One Family & granting exceptions to content limits for child accounts: Allow Always versus Just Once

I'll give this a try. The issue I'm having is one of my child accounts no longer asks for the adult to allow permissions; it only ask for the password/pass key assigned to the child's acct. So I can't grant permissions, it only asks for the password and
    pass key every time. Thanks for posting this; let's see if it solves my dilemma.

DJizzle, Sep 16, 2014
  3. Granting exceptions to content limits for a child account

I am trying to grant an exception for my child to give permission for him to use Star Wars Battlefront. He has an xbox live account so we don't want to use our adult account for him to lay the game as we don't pay for xbox live on that one. The game was
    bought as a download from EA/Origin. When he tries to play he gets the error message 'unable to access online features'

I have found instructions on how to grant permission online

Grant an Exception to Your Child’s Content Limits on Xbox One

but the option to 'choose who will give permission' screen isn't there so the option to input the passkey and provide permission wont appear, when I Iocate the content on the xbox all that happens is the game launches, any ideas? Thanks

RIHolmes-[xboxvenue], Sep 16, 2014
  4. Forced to grant my child permission EVERY time

Over a year later and seems this issue still not sorted as I have same problem with my daughters account

CYL3NTAssassin, Dec 5, 2015
  5. CYL3NTAssassin Win User

Over a year later and seems this issue still not sorted as I have same problem with my daughters account
  6. DJizzle Win User

Xbox One Family & granting exceptions to content limits for child accounts: Allow Always versus Just Once

I'll give this a try. The issue I'm having is one of my child accounts no longer asks for the adult to allow permissions; it only ask for the password/pass key assigned to the child's acct. So I can't grant permissions, it only asks for the password and
    pass key every time. Thanks for posting this; let's see if it solves my dilemma.
  7. HyruleBalverine Win User

Xbox Back Door to Family Timer

While that will prevent the child from accessing the console without permission, it does not deal with the issue of limiting how much time the OP's child can have that acess when granted.
  8. AnnaMartikainen Win User

Granting child permission on Xbox

I did change my password and tried the new one. No password error comes up at all, just skips back to the previous screen asking for the password.
  9. Gilly Woo Win User

Child's account - grant permission

Can anybody help with this? ☹️
Thema:

1. Forced to grant my child permission EVERY time - Similar Threads - Forced grant child

2. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone: I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord integration.). However, the Android App will not allow...
  5. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  6. Xbox apps force close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox apps force close: Hello, today i buy xbox game pass and i download xbox app to download the game, but everytime i run xbox app, it appeared xbox logo but after that force close everytime i run it, i tried to fix it...
  7. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  8. Driving force shifter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Driving force shifter: I just bought a new G920 wheel and pedals with a driving force shifter for my XBOX series X and the shifter does not work with forza horizon 4. I want to ask if there are any games that are...
  9. Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop: I have changed my password because I forgot the last one, now when I log in with the new password it says "We detected unusual activity on your MS account ... we believe your credentials are at...
  10. Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game: I hit MR 140, downed Risen Teostra, and called it for the night. (Have game clip of it). 2 days later, I go to play, and all I have is "New Game" on the main menu. Save data on the Xbox...