Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

Discus and support Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeechD., Oct 6, 2023.

1. DeechD.
    DeechD. Guest

I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times.

Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a black screen like WTH? Why is this still an issue at the end of 2023?

The option says "updates when your console is OFF". Why does this not appear like when there are updates for games, instead of invading during gameplay? This is beyond me! It's like the fourth time this happened and after so many years this problem hasn't been fixed. Bye bye immersion!

:)

DeechD., Oct 6, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Will xbox consoles still be usuable after the new console is released?

Yes. The consoles will still be usable after the Series X is released (just like the 360 is still usable now so many years after the One was released). Game updates might slow down after a period of time as newer games are released.
  3. yoda00101 Win User

0x87c40011

When's the next system update? 1 month and this issue still has not been solved, even though several users have had it throughout the XboxOne's console life. After reading through past accounts, many of them also had to wait for a console update to solve
    the issue. What a great testimony to cloud storage - still broken after 3+ years!
  4. Endgamez Win User

I now have exactly 60,000 gamerscore.

Congrats on the milestone!

I'm reaching for my 50k...hopefully by about mid year, as I catch up on my embarrassing backlog of SP games. I'd likely be on 100k, after so many years, if I hadn't wasted so much time on MP games.
  5. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Forced update mid game!!?

Hi,

The type of update you experienced was a Mandatory update where you are forced to do the update at that time. I know this won't help from before, but going forward you can set your Xbox automatically update each night using the instructions here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview
    ) or listed below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select System > Updates.
    4. Under Console, select Keep my console up to date if it isn’t already.

After that is done make sure your Xbox is set to Instant-On mode so that it can search for updates while off here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes ):

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select Power & startup > Power mode & startup. Select Power mode to change the setting.

Hope this works out for you.
  6. Cincy121 Win User

NFL SUNDAY TICKET APP

Im signed in fine. But is anyone having issues with it freezing after like a min every time. And then the app becomes mad slow! I force close it. Reopen etc. Then it freezes mid game or mid video playback or mid redzone channel... over and over again. And
    its not my internet. Trust me.
Thema:

1. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!! - Similar Threads - Forced console update

2. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone: I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord integration.). However, the Android App will not allow...
  5. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  6. Xbox apps force close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox apps force close: Hello, today i buy xbox game pass and i download xbox app to download the game, but everytime i run xbox app, it appeared xbox logo but after that force close everytime i run it, i tried to fix it...
  7. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  8. Driving force shifter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Driving force shifter: I just bought a new G920 wheel and pedals with a driving force shifter for my XBOX series X and the shifter does not work with forza horizon 4. I want to ask if there are any games that are...
  9. My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...: Any help to solve this problem would be highly appreciated! The noise sound like a refrigerator noise. I have tried to get in contact with the xbox team but it has been utterly impossible!...
  10. How can I restore my Xbox account on my console aftera accidentally force reset.my HDmi...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I restore my Xbox account on my console aftera accidentally force reset.my HDmi...: Can't seem to get anything to connect tou Xbox after accidentally force resetting trying to fix HDmi issue. Not sure if it's stuck on recovery mode or if it reset all the way. But need help bas...