For those who have no or very rare NAT / connection issues. What ISP, modem, router do you ...

Discus and support For those who have no or very rare NAT / connection issues. What ISP, modem, router do you ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I've had Windstream as an internet service provider since I've been gaming and have always had a strict to moderate (rare) NAT with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by King Slayer JB, Feb 3, 2016.

1. For those who have no or very rare NAT / connection issues. What ISP, modem, router do you ...

Hey everyone! I've had Windstream as an internet service provider since I've been gaming and have always had a strict to moderate (rare) NAT with connection problems. I use a Windstream Speedstream 4300 modem (which I hear is basically a router) with a Linksys
    router. I have to use a wireless connection as well. I've tried everything possible to fix these issues with no success. I'm ready for a change! So my question is for those who rarely have these issues. What ISP do you use? What type of modem and router? Are
    you wired or wireless? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:)

King Slayer JB, Feb 3, 2016
  2. master_45
    master_45 Guest
    Please Help, Headset Issue

You're right, it's not your headsets.
    In rare occasions, your router can stop others from hearing you and it could be related to your NAT setting being strict. If your firewall on your router is on then you should be able to turn it off for testing. If you turn it back on then you should setup port forwarding to bypass the routers firewall. I suggest giving that a shot. If you're not comfortable with that, then I suggest asking a family member or friend. It that's not an option then I suggest you bypass the router all together and connect directly into the modem. If that is already being done then it's your xbox settings conflicting with the input of your mic.
    At this point it is the process of elimination and you should start by directly connecting to the modem, it's quick, it's precise and you'll bypass all the other troubleshooting steps by doing so.

1) Start by connecting directly to modem for NAT restriction testing.
    a.) did it work? Yes.Good your router hates you.
    b.) did it work? No.Sucks to be you and call microsoft.
    c.) did it work? Yes. Awesome you can thank me in advance and play some black ops 3 with me or game of choice.

Try this.

master_45, Feb 3, 2016
  3. eri_
    eri_ Guest
    Please Help, Headset Issue

Still nothing. I tried hardwiring directly to modem and it didn't fix anything. I was always hardwired into my router so I even tried just going online over WiFi and that was to no avail also. My NAT settings are set to open so that shouldn't be the issue. This Xbox must be faulty. Oh well. Thanks for your help anyway. We tried. I appreciate it. Just gonna send it back to Microsoft and buy a new one. Smh.

eri_, Feb 3, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

For those who have no or very rare NAT / connection issues. What ISP, modem, router do you ...

I don't experience any connection issues and my NAT is always open. My ISP is Mediacom and my service is 100+ Mbps download and 20 + Mbps upload. I use a Netgear R7000 router with an ARRIS TM822 cable modem. I always connect wired with a static/reserved
    IP address.

{Parity}, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Bumping just to see if anyone has any other options!

King Slayer JB, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: