For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?

Discus and support For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AidenWroxTTV, Dec 31, 2023.

1. AidenWroxTTV
    AidenWroxTTV Guest

I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to ask, do i have to buy a completely new adapter?

:)

AidenWroxTTV, Dec 31, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

3. rubius_hagrid06 Win User

xbox 360 kinect to xbox one x

thanks for the reply sir,

by the way im new here (and on xbox) if i buy a xbox one kinect, do i still need to buy the adapter?

thanks in advance.
  4. Shadowskill08 Win User

USB1 port of Xbox one s cannot discern Kinect

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting your Kinect to an Xbox One S. Have you purchased the Kinect adapter?Here is a

link
    for a walkthrough on how you will need to set up the Kinect.

Hope this helps!
  5. TG Fireflex Win User

Kinect Sensor for Xbox One S

Checkout:
    support.xbox.com/.../kinect-adapter

For users upgrading from original Xbox One to Xbox One S

For a limited time, the Kinect Adapter will be available for free to customers who have an existing Xbox One console, an Xbox One Kinect Sensor, and an Xbox One S console. You will need the serial number for all three devices to get the free Xbox Kinect
    Adapter. To request your free Kinect Adapter, contact Xbox Support.

To save time, we recommend that you make sure your Xbox One S console, original Xbox One console, and Xbox One Kinect Sensor are registered to your Microsoft account. Go to Device Support to register your devices.

For users new to Xbox One S

Customers who have just purchased a Kinect sensor to use with their Xbox One S console can buy the adapter from the Microsoft Store or other participating retailers
  6. von zechstein Win User

Microsoft buying back my Kinect?

Not all support issues can be fixed on the forums. Especially when it comes to something like a refund that would require more security.

The kinect will work with the One X. You just need an adapter which is nothing new. The kinect has required an adapter since the One S was released in 2016.
    Indeed you just need an adapter. But the adapter is not available anymore. So in reality the Kinect is not working on a brand new Xbox One X.
Thema:

1. For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter? - Similar Threads - Kinect need purchase

2. What do I need to download onto my skypad 8 to be able to run the Xbox Kinect for my sls...

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I need to download onto my skypad 8 to be able to run the Xbox Kinect for my sls...: I did download a couple of apps for the Kinect through Microsoft but when I try to open the program it says I have nothing that can read the app. I downloaded win zip and PDF reader and still it...
  3. USING KINECT FOR PROJECT IN UNIVERSITY I NEED COPYRIGHTS

in XBoX on Windows
    USING KINECT FOR PROJECT IN UNIVERSITY I NEED COPYRIGHTS: Greetings, I am Student of Ziaudin University of Health Sciences Currently Enrolled in Mphil Cardiopulmonary Conducting Research on Fibromyalgia Patients Title of my study is “Effects of...
  4. NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor

in XboX Insiders
    NEED TO SELL Xbox 360 4Gb along with the Kinect sensor: Hello, Looking to sell my xbox 360 4Gb along with the kinect sensor. And around 10 CDs. Does anyone know who would buy it in Mumbai, India? Thanks. submitted by /u/UnKoNoWnDuDe [link] [comments]
  5. URGENT/ PARISIAN FATHER Need To find KINECT + Adaptator for XBOX ONE S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    URGENT/ PARISIAN FATHER Need To find KINECT + Adaptator for XBOX ONE S: Hello i am based in Paris and i am looking for KINECT + Adaptator for XBOX ONE S for my daughter . Someone has good plans to find it ? : Real stuff which will work well. Thank a lot because it...
  6. kinect 2.0 for xboxonex i need adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect 2.0 for xboxonex i need adapter: i need adapter for kinect 2.0 on xbox one x , everybody saing it is not in sale anymore, why? a3178043-fd53-489f-b5b2-00fbd69d4959
  7. I need kinect adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need kinect adapter: Hello, some time ago I bought my Xbox one x, and I have kinect from my other xbox one. I found out that they gave away the adapter. I would like to know who I should contact to ask for it. Thank...
  8. Need a Kinect adapter for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need a Kinect adapter for my Xbox one: unable to find an adapter for less than $100. Ebay and Amazon both are selling for upwards of $250. This is so unfair, why is the Kinect even for sale without all the necessary parts to operate...
  9. Need kinect adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need kinect adapter: Got a xbox One X, great stuff. But i would need an adapter for my kinect. Its sold/unavailable everywhere:( Can u help me on that? 10c222ab-e145-4a2d-83a7-23acfb291ada
  10. I'm in need of the adapter for the kinect x box one s. I bought three new just dance game for ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm in need of the adapter for the kinect x box one s. I bought three new just dance game for ...: I'm in need of the adapter for the kinect x box one s. I bought the new just dance game for my kids for Christmas along with the unit and kinect but the cant play it. Very disappointing. I cant...