Flight Simulator redemption issue

Discus and support Flight Simulator redemption issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When my Father in law was trying to purchase the new Flight Simulator for the Xbox Series X that we got him for Christmas, the store gave him a 25... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BartLoeb, Jan 3, 2024.

1. BartLoeb
    BartLoeb Guest

When my Father in law was trying to purchase the new Flight Simulator for the Xbox Series X that we got him for Christmas, the store gave him a 25 digit code to redeem it and a hot link to click. He clicked the hot link and Flight Simulator seems to have now been redeemed for the PC edition, not the Xbox Series X version.

Is there anyway to return the PC version that seems to have been redeemed and get the Xbox Series x version instead?

He wants to play it on the new Xbox, he does not have a PC he can use for this. What should he do?

:)

BartLoeb, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

Flight Simulator is Play Anywhere so it'll work on both PC and console. He just needs to sign into the console with the same account he used to redeem the code and it should be listed in his library under Games and Apps as ready to install and he can install it from there.
  3. ArnoldRosenberg Win User

Xbox (Beta) app error - 0x00000001

Same issue with Flight Simulator 2020
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Flight Simulator X Gold Edition (attivazione prodotto)[Flight Simulator X Gold Edition (product activation)]

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with launching Flight Simulator X Gold Edition and receiving the error code: 1-80004005 . To troubleshoot this issue please check out this support page:

Flight Simulator X - Error

I hope this helps.
  5. Mitchell - MSFT Win User

my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator.

Hello Edgar D'souza,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Please allow me to assume that you are trying to activate the Microsoft Flight Simulator, but seem to be having some difficulty at the moment?

Normally, if you purchase a game directly from the Microsoft Store, the game will be tied directly to your Microsoft account. After downloading and installing the game, log in with your account to play.

But given that you are referring here to the flight simulator key, can I understand that you may have a Microsoft flight simulator code, but you don't know how to redeem it?

You may wish to follow the instructions in the following link to redeem, and once the redemption is complete, the game will be linked to your Microsoft account:

How to redeem your Microsoft Flight Simulator code on your Microsoft account – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

But if this is not what you want, or I misunderstand your question, since it is a game activation issue, please go to the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forum to try to get help. There is a game support team here to help you:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

why can't I find where to buy flight simulator x for my pc?

Flight Simulator X isn't. That is an old game. However Microsoft Flight Simulator is.
Thema:

1. Flight Simulator redemption issue - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator redemption

2. Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?: The servers are down so the flight sim gives the message that I need to quit and install the offline content. But it is already installed. I tried removing and re-installing it but the game is...
  3. Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing: I have the Premium Microsoft Flight Simulator - worked fine last week. Yesterday I tried to run the program but it will not load - keeps crashing right after the Dune Expansion screens. Nothing...
  4. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  5. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  6. Play flight simulator using joystick and thrust block

in XBoX Accessibility
    Play flight simulator using joystick and thrust block: Dear all, it is possible, to connect flight - specific hardware, e.g. a thrustmaster joystick and a thrustmaster thrust block, to the xbox for playing flight simulator? Thanks, Oli...
  7. Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11: I have had the flight simulator premium deluxe 40th anniversary game since December 2023. It is installed on the xbox series x console and works fine. I installed it on Windows 10 with the Xbox...
  8. Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC: Hi - I purchase a copy of MS Flight Simulator from CDKeys and redeemed it in Microsoft Store. I have tried to find how I install it with no success. I am completely new to XBox (App) on my PC and...
  9. How to Remove Keyboard from flight simulator settings when using Core Elite 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Remove Keyboard from flight simulator settings when using Core Elite 2: I just purchased the xbox wireless controller Elite Core 2 to use with Flight Simulator on the Xbox series X. The issue I am having is that the controller has now added a keyboard as part of the...
  10. Flight simulator update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flight simulator update: Please can someone help me I’ve bought the flight simulator for my son it downloaded in steam but now says needs an update it’s now taken 12 hours and only on 13 percent. Is this normal???...