Flight Simulator 2020 keeps requesting game disk to be inserted, but I have digital ownership.

Discus and support Flight Simulator 2020 keeps requesting game disk to be inserted, but I have digital ownership. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Flight Simulator 2020 at the end of April and although it took 6 days to download, I did install the digital ownership once it finally... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Grumpyagenda34, May 16, 2021.

1. Flight Simulator 2020 keeps requesting game disk to be inserted, but I have digital ownership.

I bought Flight Simulator 2020 at the end of April and although it took 6 days to download, I did install the digital ownership once it finally completed. However, almost 100% of the time it tells me to install the game disk. Sometimes, after trying to start it numerous times, it suddenly starts working and I cannot figure out what I did to get past this game disk issue. Maybe something is flaky with my digital ownership. Is there a way to uninstall it and re-install it again? I am getting very frustrated over this game and in the past 3 weeks have only got it working 4 times. Microsoft support, both on their mainstream and Xbox sites are absolutely useless. Their "AI logic" when inquiring about this issue keeps telling me to "insert your game disk" to resolve the issue. Probably the worst support sites that I have ever encountered.

:)

Grumpyagenda34, May 16, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 keeps requesting game disk to be inserted, but I have digital ownership.

3. Andreas Schiffler Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 asks to 'insert disc' upon startup even though game has been installed via game pass ultimate.

I solved the issue as follows.

- Open FS2020 - get "Insert game disk..." prompt; left Window open

- Open Digital Ownership page for FS2020 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/digital-ownership/9nhnch1hdgg5?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab)

- Sign out - Sign back in to make sure the account that has Game Pass is selected

- Install should be available; target appropriate device (I had two) that has the game installed

- Wait (not sure if it is needed, but it took me 2 restarts of FS2020 before it worked)

- Close and reopen FS2020

Opened feedback (Win+F) item "Flight Simulator 2020 asks for Game disk, Digital Ownership is installed" - feel free to upvote.
  4. vls122 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 asks to 'insert disc' upon startup even though game has been installed via game pass ultimate.

I solved the issue as follows.

- Open FS2020 - get "Insert game disk..." prompt; left Window open

- Open Digital Ownership page for FS2020 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/digital-ownership/9nhnch1hdgg5?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab)

- Sign out - Sign back in to make sure the account that has Game Pass is selected

- Install should be available; target appropriate device (I had two) that has the game installed

- Wait (not sure if it is needed, but it took me 2 restarts of FS2020 before it worked)

- Close and reopen FS2020

Opened feedback (Win+F) item "Flight Simulator 2020 asks for Game disk, Digital Ownership is installed" - feel free to upvote.
    Thank you so much. This fixed my issue but I did not need to restart the game multiple times.
  5. xDarkStar73x Win User

Flight Simulator Halt operation

Hi there,

Have you tried this ?

Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Known Issue: Some users seeing a "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator disc" error when launching the game on Windows 10.
    • Workaround: In order to play the game digitally on Windows 10, you will need to have the Digital Ownership File installed as it is required to grant the necessary permissions to play. If you already have this file installed and are running in to this error, please uninstall and reinstall this file only and this should resolve the issue. There is no need to uninstall the entire 127+GB base game files. Uninstalling this small 10MB file is all that will be needed.
    The above was posted by Sumit in this thread.
  6. abuaziz86alzahrani Win User

Microsoft flight simulator 2020

I installed flight simulator 2020 but when I try tp play the message says insert Disc ,I preorder already
Thema:

1. Flight Simulator 2020 keeps requesting game disk to be inserted, but I have digital ownership. - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator 2020

2. Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020?: Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020? 3294aa49-a061-4f1c-a6e1-16c755dd6ebd
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...: I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 recently but when I booted it up, it said my pc didn't meet the minimum requirements and as a result it is laggy beyond playable. Does anyone know why?...
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 : Stuck at loading for the 4th training

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 : Stuck at loading for the 4th training: Hello, Quite frustrating, after hours of download I start de game, made a few exploring flights then started the basics lessons. No issues with the first three lessons then when loading the...
  5. Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems: Hello today the new msfs arrived (dvd version) when after I installed it I needed to do a mandatory update but when the update was at like 8Gb it went back to 5 Gb...
  6. How can I install Flight Simulator 2020??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I install Flight Simulator 2020??: Hi, I had the game already installed but deleted it for some games. Now, when I install it, the installation manager tells me that it has to install 168GB of data. I leave it running and after...
  7. I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...: I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for PC owners of the game, but I cannot find it for example: And, best of all, the Microsoft Flight...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen: I have this problem over time, and now i can't play the game. When i launch the game by steam it opens in the same screen ang get stuck aways. I tried to delete roaming folders, remove the...
  9. Flight Simulator 2020 - Login credentials not saved, asked to log in every time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Flight Simulator 2020 - Login credentials not saved, asked to log in every time.: Hello, since a few months ago MSFS 2020 on a PC doesn't sign me in automatically. I get the "Let's get you signed in" prompt, then my account comes up and once selected another prompt to...
  10. Microsoft Flight SImulator 2020 crashes without any reason and error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight SImulator 2020 crashes without any reason and error message: It is keep crashing after about 30 mins after loading in flight. I have already reinstalled it multiple times, i even reinstalled my windows 11 but nothing helps. My specs: RTX 3070 I5 12400F...