Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide

Discus and support Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, Just this evening I've started experiencing a constant flicker when I open a game or dvd on my xbox one. (original launch model) This also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FishInBlack-[xboxvenue], Sep 6, 2017.

1. Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide

Hey all,

Just this evening I've started experiencing a constant flicker when I open a game or dvd on my xbox one. (original launch model)

This also happens on the splash screen after hard resetting, but doesn't affect the dashboard or guide.

It began with a few intermittent moments in the game I was playing, but when I changed to a new game it became constant and now affects everything.

It doesn't happen constantly but near as much. Some scenes (for want of a better word) appear just fine but then the next one will flicker

Opening the guide, changing the channel and back will fix the problem temporarily, but if I change games or wait long enough it comes right back again.

PS4 on the same TV works just fine.

Things I've tried so far:

Hard reset

Changing HDMI cables

factory reset

removing and re-adding profile

turning every video setting in settings on and off

I was going to upload a video of the flicker but it doesn't show up after filming it on my phone camera. Go figure.

Would welcome any thoughts on how this can be fixed.

Many thanks

-Sam

:)

FishInBlack-[xboxvenue], Sep 6, 2017
  2. Games crashing on startup or shortly after.

Hi all,

For the last week my Xbox One either crashes to Dashboard shortly after the splash screen or gets to loading in game and then crashes. I've done a hard reset (unplugged and back on), I have it on Energy Saving Mode. I am also in the Preview program so not
    sure it could be to do with the OS? Anyway below will post games I tried and what happened:

The Division: Crashes during loading after character select.

Rainbow 6 Siege: Crashed while customising operator.

Doom: Crashed the moment the splash screen disappeared.

Only game I tested so far that hasn't crashed is Diablo 3. Would be grateful if anyone had any ideas what is going on.

Thanks.

OcR Iced Star, Sep 6, 2017
  3. Trist
    Trist Guest
    Is my Xbox Dying?

Recently I've noticed a kind of flickering when playing games and also on the dashboard. It's like a certain colour flickers. Not necessarily a pattern but related to whatever is on screen.

Trist, Sep 6, 2017
  4. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Help!!

I had a similar issue this morning with Fortnite. I tried to launch the game, The splash screen would appear but then the game would cancel out back to the dashboard and not proceed. I had to do a hard reset of the console (Hold the power button for 5 -
    7 seconds until it shuts off, then turn it back on) for the system to prompt for the update. After the game updated it operated as normal.
  5. AidenToole Win User

Xbox one crash?

I've had the same problem. After a few hard resets I managed to get the home screen instead of the black screen, but after doing that the guide doesn't work and I have the same problem with it still controlling the dashboard. I've signed in but can not open
    anything.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Xbox Logo Pauseing on boot up!?

It has nothing to do with your Internet connection on Splash Screen Endgamez...

Only the consoles Ethernet Controller/Adapter & Modem/Router sync..

(It shows the T Base 100 Amber/Red Sync Light on Router & flickers when it first communicates or syncs the two devices offline (LAN), then stays solid, until your console tries to access Xbox Live in the Grey Loading Screen etc)

You are not on Xbox Live, until your Xbox Live profile is loaded in the Grey Screen after the Splash Screen (Loading Symbol etc) & it goes into the dashboard, saying you're on Xbox Live & friends are online with a sound etc..

Change your Ethernet cable & see if it still happens... I use CAT6 Ethernet cables..
  7. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

New Dashboard switching back to old dash during gameplay.

I had the exact same thing, and had to reset the console power supply to stop it flickering from new to old dashboard. After reset the old dashboard was restored.
  8. P33R00 Win User

Xbox one screen flickering black

Help[quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote][quote user="xZasshuken"]

My xbox one makes my tv flicker black non-stop when i open games and apps. I switched HDMI cords to see if it was the issue and it still flickers. It's not the tv either cause i've tried a separate xbox one and no issues. I need to know the issue here with
    the xbox that keeps making the screen flicker black. I did the hard reset with holding the power button down and it didnt fix it.

[/quote]
Thema:

Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide

1. Flicker in games, xbox splash screen after hard reset, but not dashboard or guide - Similar Threads - Flicker games splash

2. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  3. xbox one x logo flickering when i open games

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x logo flickering when i open games: hallo! I have an xbox one x and recently i had a problem with the fan that made it stop suddenly. I fixed the problem immediately, and since then, when I try to start some games it crashes and the...
  4. (2402.240124-2200) gfx flickering audio crackle

in XboX Insiders
    (2402.240124-2200) gfx flickering audio crackle: Broken, destiny 2 unplayable as graphics issue, tears, flickers half of screen pulsating and controller disconnects and usb storage disconnects and game lockup crash sound. Don't worry it's not...
  5. Screen Flickering to Desktop while playing Xbox App Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Flickering to Desktop while playing Xbox App Games: There's a weird graphical issue I'm having when playing games through the Xbox app on Windows 11. When clicking or pressing any buttons in the game, the screen briefly flickers and shows the...
  6. Weird Flickering / RGB Disco / Color Flashing Happening in Particular Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weird Flickering / RGB Disco / Color Flashing Happening in Particular Games: As the topic states. I’ve seen some other topics discussing similar things, but weren’t quite the same. I did try those solutions as well, but to no avail. Here are some clips of what I’m seeing...
  7. White flickering while gaming in HDR

in XboX Insiders
    White flickering while gaming in HDR: i got my new Denon X4800H yesterday, so i can get my xbox series x back on my AVR to have no more audio issues. The cable from AVR to TV is the orignial one. From my Xbox to AVR i have an HDMI 2.1...
  8. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  9. Why is my gamer picture flickering and game so laggy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my gamer picture flickering and game so laggy?: I was playing COD: MW3 on my 360 when I go into multiplayer, the game is laggy as all hell and when I go into the Xbox guide it’s also laggy and my gamer picture is flickering, ****?...
  10. Does anyone else get this weird screen flicker when switching to a game with HDR? Also...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else get this weird screen flicker when switching to a game with HDR? Also...: [IMG] submitted by /u/benmx28 [link] [comments]