Fixed Xbox Achievements in Wrong Language

Discus and support Fixed Xbox Achievements in Wrong Language in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I found the reason why my Xbox achievements were in the wrong language (i.e. Chinese instead of English). My Windows preferred languages were set as:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jarrod_Zhang, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Jarrod_Zhang
    Jarrod_Zhang Guest

I found the reason why my Xbox achievements were in the wrong language (i.e. Chinese instead of English). My Windows preferred languages were set as:

1. English (Canadian)
    2. Chinese (Simplified)
    My Xbox achievements were showing up in Chinese.

However, when I set my preferred languages to:

1. English (Canadian)
    2. English (United States)
    3. Chinese (Simplified)
    My Xbox achievements showed up in English.

I think the bug is caused by "English (Canadian)" as not being a valid language for Xbox achievements. Therefore, the achievements showed up in the next available language which was Chinese.

:)

Jarrod_Zhang, Jul 25, 2023
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

Achievements are in the wrong language!

Achievement languages are based on your IP location on the Xbox One for some reason. The locale setting on your console won't change the achievements language.

It has been submitted to feedback.xbox.com but who knows if/when Microsoft will address that particular issue.
  3. wolfghostninja Win User

Hi SadisticZeus,

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Yes you are right, it is an IP address localisation issue. I have not yet connected the xbone via a VPN, tbh I haven't figured out how to do that yet with a router. However I do have a VPN on my Nexus 6 and found that using the smartglass app without the
    VPN resulted in German achievements, but as soon as the app was refreshed with the VPN on the achievements were back in English. So it's a fix, and thank you for that. I hope Microsoft fix this, as it's clearly an unintended result. It makes little sense
    that one sets the system language and yet you are confronted with a foreign language.

Just out of curiosity do you have a suggested method for running the Xbox via a VPN? Will this affect my multiplayer or my streaming speeds?

Again, thanks for the assist.

Best,

4. DenseCrab46344 Win User

Achievements in wrong language

It can't be too difficult to use the same system as the one on xbox 360. For me, it also worked perfectly on the 360.
  5. Breyzipp Win User

I have the EXACT same problem as the OP.

I bought an XBox one only a few weeks ago and the only 2 games I have so far are Forza Horizon 2 and World of Tanks, both digital downloads, and the problem happens with both games.

When an achievement pops up during a game itself it is in English but when I look through my list of past achievements they are in French! I live in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium and I suppose the Xbox thinks my native language is French. Wrong, I
    don't even understand it very good. :(

I have never had this problem on a PC or my PS3 before, only on Xbox One (I never owned a 360).

Also, I am forced to put my Xbox system language to Dutch because otherwise payments are all wrong.

Microsoft, please separate Xbox system language (or regional settings) from billing information. I prefer to have everything on my Xbox in English. No Dutch and no French! On a PS3 this worked as a charm, I'm sure you guys can do better in 2015 than Sony
    already could in 2006.
  6. -- Rick -- Win User

Quick addendum to the above! I checked on xbox.com and your achievements for The Wolf Among Us and Wolfenstein both appear for me in English
Thema:

1. Fixed Xbox Achievements in Wrong Language - Similar Threads - Fixed Achievements Wrong

2. How to fix game pass quest achievement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix game pass quest achievement: Hey Microsoft i need help the xbox one game pass quest achievement is not registering everytime i get an achievement the quest doesn't register in i checked everything i am a member of ultimate...
  3. How do i fix xbox game pass achievement quest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix xbox game pass achievement quest: Hello Microsoft i have been having issues with xbox game pass quest it seems that everytime i did an achievement the achievement quest is not registering in i tried restarting clearing xbox cache...
  4. Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?: Split from this thread. Hello, I've done all the same things suggested, and yet I'm still missing the achievements I should have. My little sister who plays the same game, Five nights at...
  5. Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?: In the last few days I've been playing one game, while appearing offline, and then they didn't show up in my recent achievement log, but nowhere else, and wondering why my achievements are showing...
  6. How to fix fallout 4 achievements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix fallout 4 achievements?: For the game fallout 4 a handful of achievements will not unlock for me. Which is rather agitating because I wish to 100% the game, the two problem achievements is question are Semper Invicta and...
  7. How to fix “ultimate estus” achievement not unlocking, dark souls 3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix “ultimate estus” achievement not unlocking, dark souls 3?: The “ultimate estus” achievement isn’t unlocking for me and it’s currently been past 72 hours. I’m having this issue on my Xbox series X, anyone have a solution? 38a43271-17f7-474c-81a4-58796b8bdc2e
  8. My xbox achievements aren’t showing up after this last update, please help me fix it

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox achievements aren’t showing up after this last update, please help me fix it: My achievements on my Xbox series x have deleted themselves and aren’t showing up after this last update to my system and factory reset hasn’t fixed the problem I had 17,400 gamer score that’s now...
  9. How to fix achievements not showing up on profile as well as friends’ profiles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix achievements not showing up on profile as well as friends’ profiles: As of today, I am having an issue where I can not see my games and achievements in my profile page. Additionally, whenever I go to the profile of a friend, the same thing happens. I have tried...
  10. Lost all my achievements that I have accumulated for the past 5 years. How do I fix this issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all my achievements that I have accumulated for the past 5 years. How do I fix this issue?: Lost all my achievements that I have accumulated for the past 5 years. How do I fix this issue? 2b45d13c-bd5c-4029-bffa-a3411728a45a